News about A380 test flights

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

A380-800

Post by A380-800 »

teach wrote:Guys, I think what A380-800 is trying to talk about is 'route' proving, not 'root' proving. Maybe that'll clear up a few things...
Oooops, yes teach you are entirely right ! I guess it was already too late
for me yesterday. I meant "route proving" and not "root proving". Sorry
for confusion and thanks for correction !!! :D

So, I guess these flight trials will start beginning of next year when the
first cabin will be completely outfitted in Airbus Design.

rgds,

A380-800

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

I've heard from a reliable source that Airbus has problem with the building process. Some parts arrive at TLS uncomplete, so impossible to fit them on the aircraft (final assembly). this has to be added with the tests who are a bit longer than expected...

Regards

Seb.

MrAirbus

Post by MrAirbus »

So does anyone know why it will be deliverd late if everything is going well?
I will give you my theorey based on lots of anecdotal bits of info from many
sources.

Despite what we are told the airframe is overweight, and Airbus can't cut the
weight from the airframe so they are trying to do it via lighter internal
fittings, but the suppliers of this equipment are having troubles!!

regi

Post by regi »

is it possible that today Monday 30th a A-380 made a pass over at Roland Garros tennis court around 12h50?

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

regi wrote:is it possible that today Monday 30th a A-380 made a pass over at Roland Garros tennis court around 12h50?
Well, I don't think it is possible since today is Monday 23rd :wink: .

Seb.

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Will it be doing those amazing splashes?

regi

Post by regi »

wow, I must have been sniffing fermented mushrooms! 23rd, indeed.
But the question remains: no pass over of a A380 at Roland Garros today?

A380-800

Post by A380-800 »

The A380 completed its 11th flight today. The longest one so far was an
8 hours flight. Airbus is saying the full burn is more efficient than expected.
Highest take-off weight so far were 520 tons.

Does anybody know when the second A380 is planned to join the flight
testing phase ?

rgds,

A380-800

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

A380-800 wrote:Does anybody know when the second A380 is planned to join the flight
testing phase ?
I remember I've read it on A&C paper. I will try to give you an answer for tomorrow.

Regards

Seb.

MrAirbus

Post by MrAirbus »

Ruscoe wrote:So does anyone know why it will be deliverd late if everything is going well?

Is there a source for this info?

Thanks

Ruscoe
The reason why the A380 is going to be delivered later then planed is the fact that Airbus managed to decries the weight of the Body and the Wing of the aircraft (right before it was presented to the press during January this year) but now during its test flight and interior installations the have come to turn that the have to save lots of weight of all the interior!

Now when all the part of the interior have arrived they have come to term that the A380 will be heavier delivered to the first costumer SIA! And since there are noise and weight restrictions in the deal with SIA, Airbus has to delay the delivery to comply with there contract!

Now SIA is going out in the press acting very “Bichy” (as usual) to make sure that other airlines on A380 order list will get there (probably lighter interior) before them!

I never liked SIA and never will!

PlaneMad

Post by PlaneMad »

How many kilos overweight are we talking about?
Does the weight have to strictly comply with the contract? how much margin is there?

MrAirbus

Post by MrAirbus »

How many kilos overweight are we talking about?
Does the weight have to strictly comply with the contract? how much margin is there?
Well what I have read, its about +-5000 kg for the airframe!

In the case of SIA it did, the want to land at LHR at night! And like the A340-300E/MD-11 deal they are very keen to be sure that the plane is not to heave!

Pete628

Post by Pete628 »

Who Cares! If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!!
:P

lastrow

Post by lastrow »

@vivek: the veacuation test will be in "late-summer" in Hamburg-Finkenwerder. The test a/c will be the MSN 007. test people will be recruited from the employees there. about 1200 - then 853 are selected for the evacuation (there must something like 40% women and x% over 50 years old).

The goal is to evacuate 853 pax plus 18 crew within 90 seconds over one side only.

-lr.[/list]

chunk

Post by chunk »

Pete628 wrote:Who Cares! If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!!
:P
Wow - what a thoughtful insight into the delivery issues of the 380. You know I didn't realise that was so important - but there you go. Proved wrong again. I must be SOOOO dumb..

You must fly once every ten years if you are only going to fly on Boeings - then again with Continental Scarelines in your avatar maybe you do.

Back on subject....SIA are bitches to please and frankly if I was airbus I would stop even trying too hard after the 380 and let them get rogered by Boeing. See how good a price they get when there is no competition...

A380-800

Post by A380-800 »

I am sure Airbus was also not so amused when they heard that SIA will
probably drop their A345 to get some B777LR. If I were Airbus and this
story comes true I would really let them go to Boeing for other aircraft
orders then. Sometimes it is hard to understand what is going on in their heads... :?

rgds,

A380-800

lastrow

Post by lastrow »

hi, a little bit off the discussion: Today focus.de writes that during an A380 test flight the aircraft reached successfully its max. speed of 1100 km/h (over ground?, haha) and its max altitude of 13,000 meters. they are citing the La Dépêche du Midi“ of this friday (today) - nice news, eh?

- lr.

added: sorry, folks. I completely forgot that these news were brought from MrAirbus to start this thread ... :-/ however, this brings me to a question about the Mach vs. km/h speed metric. MrAirbus was talking about 0.89 Mach and the focus.de report was talking about 1100km/h - obviously to give a more useful number ot the non-aviation-interested. However what would be the transformation from mach to km/h? Is the height relevant for this one?
Last edited by lastrow on 27 May 2005, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

A380-800

Post by A380-800 »

lastrow wrote:hi, a little bit off the discussion: Today focus.de writes that during an A380 test flight the aircraft reached successfully its max. speed of 1100 km/h (over ground?, haha) and its max altitude of 13,000 meters. they are citing the La Dépêche du Midi“ of this friday (today) - nice news, eh?

- lr.
Thanks for the info, lastrow. Does anybody when the next Airbus Flagship
will join the Flight Test Phase in TLS ?

rgds,

A380-800

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Sorry A380-800, I forgot you! I won't be able to answer you before wednesday, at best... :oops:
Updates: I've got a second hand info: MSN004 will start test flights begining of JUN.

Come back to the topic: the beast has accomplished her 14th flight.

Seb.

earthman

Post by earthman »

lastrow wrote:added: sorry, folks. I completely forgot that these news were brought from MrAirbus to start this thread ... :-/ however, this brings me to a question about the Mach vs. km/h speed metric. MrAirbus was talking about 0.89 Mach and the focus.de report was talking about 1100km/h - obviously to give a more useful number ot the non-aviation-interested. However what would be the transformation from mach to km/h? Is the height relevant for this one?
1.0 Mach is the speed of sound at the given altitude. See this calculator.