LGG 12/03/2005 Pictures

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Robin_Bamps

LGG 12/03/2005 Pictures

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hello everybody,

I small milestone for me today... my very first approach shot at LGG :lol:

I especially went to see the CAL 747 arriving, as I knew that she was planned to arrive at 13:10 (=daylight). And around 15:20, with more than two hours of delay and almost three hours of waiting, 4X-ICL came in, now painted all white (she lost her tail c/s a couple of weeks ago).

:arrow: http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=313267

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Nice one!

afterburner

Post by afterburner »

just splendid !

William

Post by William »

Nice shot Robin !
I've been to LGG a few times but could you give me some info, by PM if needed, about the good spots in LGG ?

Thanks !!

Lamal

Post by Lamal »

Indeed, nice picture.

Lamal

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hello everybody,

First of all thanks for your nice replies ! Sadly enough the weather was less splendid that day, but I'm still happy with the shot :D
William wrote:I've been to LGG a few times but could you give me some info, by PM if needed, about the good spots in LGG ?

Thanks !!
Well, in fact there are two spots at LGG that are accessible for public (I know a third one but the security staff is not happy with seeing spotters over there).

1) Approach runway 23L (and R)

From this spot the picture was made. You take the road from the motorway exit to Bierset village, and than you'll see the approach lights of runway 23L. Just prior to crossing the approach lights, there's a parking on the left side of the road (near a crash gate). You can park your car over there and climb the grass hill next to it. You'll have a perfect view on planes approaching runway 23L (40mm for that 747) and runway 23R (you need more zoom and GA-planes will be too small for my 300mm).

2) TNT-area (f.ex. http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=299875)

This spot is excellent in weekends, when almost all TNT planes and feeder airlines are grounded on the remote stands. You take the airport road and continue it past the tower. After some 1.5 kilometres you'll see the TNT area at your right side. Planes parked over here are mostly TNT BAe's and 737's ; Bluebird Cargo 737's ; Amerer Air L188's ; Atlantic Airlines L188's and Exin AN-26's. There's a high double fence, so you'll need a big ladder (I'm 1m68 and I need 10 stairs) to avoid it on the pictures.

Best regards, Robin Bamps.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Indeed nice pics Robin! ;)

Although it's a pity it's just a all white CAL 74F , they're a lot nicer in the 'average' color scheme....too bad you can't have good luck all the time .... :P

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Bruspotter wrote:Although it's a pity it's just a all white CAL 74F , they're a lot nicer in the 'average' color scheme....too bad you can't have good luck all the time .... :P
I can wait a heckable for that because currently there aren't any CAL-planes in full livery anymore (only a/w or just partly painted).

William

Post by William »

Thanks for info Robin !
I knew the TNT-spot but didn't knew the other one ! :)

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Robin Bamps....too bad they haven't got them all painted like this.... :P :P

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/756802/M/

Although nice pic! ;)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

@ Bruspotter :

Indeed, too bad... although, I have that plane like that on picture (old analog one).

By the way, the picture you mentioned was made from the third spot I was talking about (touchdown 05R and just one fence, but security is quite severe patrolling over there and I was send away once).

Regards, Robin Bamps.

William

Post by William »

Does anyone know why it is in an all white c/s for the moment ?

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Thanks for sharing! :D

yabu

Post by yabu »

well i was in liege today with school and we drove by the airport because of a busdriver who didn't knew the way to liege. I was happy with that move:p and with that i saw a Kalitta B747-200F standing near the TNT buildings. Didn't knew they fly to Liege. Is that a regular plane over there?

yannick

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Liège sounds pretty nice to spot the last years....i've only been once there...must be late 1998 or 1999.

The only plane we saw (not bad at all) was a Sabena 340-300 in new colors doing some touch and goes , probably a pilot training.....Was VERY NICE TO SEE....

But I should pay it a visit again...all those lovely painted TNT's....:p:p Especially the ABF's :D

Nice cargo airport.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

yabu wrote:I was happy with that move:p and with that i saw a Kalitta B747-200F standing near the TNT buildings. Didn't knew they fly to Liege. Is that a regular plane over there?
No, that's not regular ! Are you sure it was a Kalitta plane ? Because it could have been S2-ADT from Air Bangladesh too (still painted in basic Kalitta c/s). Off course, it could have been a special charter too, or a diversion from BRU, OST or DUS.

Which 747's are regular at LGG ? Well, at this moment CAL is the only one with regular flights if I'm not mistaken, but I already spotted MK Airlines, Evergreen Int'l, Polar Air Cargo, Atlas Air and China Southern Cargo 747's at Liège. I have also seen the United Arabian DC-8 ST-UAA already over there. Sadly enough, they aren't nailable when parked at the gate.

yabu

Post by yabu »

im pretty sure it was a kalitta. The freeway is right next to the airport and i saw it standing there but i haven't seen anything like registration or something like that. It could be S2-ADT if that plane is still in full Kalitta colors.

And well Sabena did testflights at Liege, they performed touch and go's over there. Because there wasn't much traffic at Liege then and the airport was close to Brussels. Got a DVD from a A340-200 making touch and go's. Really nice.

yannick

Beloxi

Post by Beloxi »

It could be a Kalitta 747. Kalitta moved their operations from Ostend to Liège recently.

Regards,
Nik