Iberia, BRU-LIM

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
A318

Iberia, BRU-LIM

Post by A318 »

I fly for years already from AMS to LIM with........KLM (coincedence ;) )
But 2 years ago i saw a great offer from Iberia Dep. Brussels.
As a dutch ofcourse i was blinded by the low fare and booked.
Flight from Brussels to Madrid was a very nice one with a 757. Then the nightmare started, Madrid to Lima with a A340 which looked very nice inside, good maintenanced in my opinion, good enough for the 12:20 hour stretch. Ofcourse I am used to "my" MD-11 so when I put my seat in lazy position I noticed this was not so lazy as I had in the MD-11. No problem, I am waisted anyway after this flight :)
Now the biggest problem, the Cabin Crew, my god that people can be so unfriendly, so non service orientated was unbelievable. You got your drink with your meal and for the coming 10 hours you could pick up your drinks on the back of the airplane, where an almost retired stess was sitting on her chair being bored with a very bad day in front of her. Imagine everybody in Economy class had to go there, great for the weight and balance ;). Request for a drink resulted in a loud QUE QUIERES! So very softly I asked for a drink PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE !!! Anyway this was the rest of the flight the same and i hoped to have a better CC on my flight back. I hoped to much because on the way back the crew was exactly the same in their service, awfull. The only funny thing was that in their inflight magazine i was reading an article from the CEO that most of the complaints received at Iberia were about the service and non friendly CC on board, BUT they were working hard to do things better in the future. Not good enough in my opinion, for me no Iberia anymore or it should be my only way to get in Lima!
A Whole Different Animal

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hehe,

nice report! It's the Spanish way of living that they bring in their aircrafts!

It's the principle of 'Manana' or 'tomorrow' ;-)

I have never flown with a Spanish airliner so far but I can imagine ;-)

greetings,

Bart
:rock:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice report Ground_crew :wink:
luchtzak wrote:It's the principle of 'Manana' or 'tomorrow' :wink:
That's exactly what I was going to say :wink:

Adios Amigos
Chris :wink:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Bad luck, Erwin! Sometimes the old flight crews are too old to change habits.

I often flew IB between BRU and BCN and I have never been disappointed (especially in comparison with VEX): good food served by young enthusiastic steward(esse)s.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I too have flown with Iberia, and had no problem with them. Generally, all the European airlines I have flown with have been good (though two are better than the others!! :D )

The most truly awful cabin crews I have ever encounteredm anywhere have been on a southern hemisphere carrier which often wins awards for "service" (what service!!)
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote:Bad luck, Erwin! Sometimes the old flight crews are too old to change habits.

I often flew IB between BRU and BCN and I have never been disappointed (especially in comparison with VEX): good food served by young enthusiastic steward(esse)s.
Hmmmm I saw in the new Airliner World IB received their first A340-600 from 8 in order, they are also going to use them on their flight to Lima. With that good food and young enthusiastic stess in my mind I can maybe give it a standby try again ;)
A Whole Different Animal