GRB-MSP-PHX on Northwest

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
nwa757

GRB-MSP-PHX on Northwest

Post by nwa757 »

Hi all, I took this trip a while ago but I have been to lazy to post a report on it.

July 3rd, 2003
Northwest Airlines flight# 1278
GRB-MSP
DC-9 N3322L
First Class Seat 3-A

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/369553/L/
This is the only picture I could find of N3322L

We got up early and went to the airport. When we got there I saw 4 Northwest DC-9s. One of the DC-9s was in the new colors. I was disapointed when I fount out the DC-9 in the new livery wasn't ours.

They started boarding as soon as we got there. We boarded through a jetway.

As soon as we got on the plane I went up to the cockpit. I met the captain and the first officer. The captain's name was Ron Curry. I don't remember the first officer's name.

Then I sat down and we took off. The take off roll was long. Once we lifted off I had a cran apple juice. It was very good. When the flight attendant brought my juice over we had a very long conversation with her. The other passengers were annoyed with us. After that We touched down and arrived at the gate early.

July 3rd, 2003
Northwest Airlines flight# 101
MSP-PHX
Airbus A320 N316US
Departure time 9:27 am

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/390598/L/

When we got to the gate I was very happy to find out that our aircraft was in the new livery.

Once we boarded the aircraft I asked if I could see the cockpit. They said the pilots were too busy to see me.

We had a very short takeoff roll. Once we got in the air they offered us Corn Flakes with a bannana and a choice between a bagel or a muffin. I wasn't hungry so I just had a cran apple juice.

After that we landed and we arrived at the gate early.

Overall another great trip with Northwest. I will post the return trip later.
Onward and Upward...

Comet

Post by Comet »

That was a fascinating report!!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise