Robin_Bamps

21/08 : B727 from FAO expected @ BRU

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hello everybody,

I'm proud to announce the following :

21/08 12:15 Geneva FAO 879 722

This airline is based at Miami, FL.

Picture: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/562424/M/

Must be one of this year's nicest visitors !

Regards, Robin Bamps.
Last edited by Robin_Bamps on 20 Aug 2004, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

what the ... . There will be a lot of spotters tomorrow :p

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

what the ... . There will be a lot of spotters tomorrow :p
Including me :wink: :wink:

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Robin_Bamps wrote: Must be one of this year's nicest visitors !
Hmm... in fact nothing special if U know the registration N521DB.
Again opf DB Air Ltd and we saw sistership a week standing near LH technics this month.

Brgrds S

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Strange :? The aircraft you're mentioning is owned by Miami Air and their code is GL / BSK .

Wait and see (although N521DB is still very nice in my opinion).

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Robin_Bamps wrote:Strange :? The aircraft you're mentioning is owned by Miami Air and their code is GL / BSK .
Bible JP of 2004/2005 says that now Falcon Air Express is the owner (code FAO). Sorry for confusion by showing an old A.net picture, it was the best photo i could find.

Brgrds S

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Thanks for the quick reply, Q707.

Is it still in the same livery or repainted into the full FAO livery?

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Well like its sistership earlier this month , N521DB is opf DB Air in an "executive c/s", so i guess colors will not be changed and remain as shown on the A.net pic.

Brgrds S

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Thanks once again for the additional information Q707.

I'll look out for it tomorrow :wink:

Best regards, Robin Bamps.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hello guys,

I found out that N521DB has a very interesting history:
Plane used often by White House carried 13 Bin Ladens out of US post-9/11

Still losing sleep over fears that Osama bin Laden's kin were forced to suffer in commercial coach class when they flew out of the US a week after 9/11? Today's Washington Post should make you feel better: At least 13 relatives of Osama bin Laden, accompanied by bodyguards and associates, were allowed to leave the United States on a chartered flight eight days after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, according to a passenger manifest released yesterday. One passenger, Omar Awad bin Laden, a nephew of the al Qaeda leader, had been investigated by the FBI because he had lived with Abdullah bin Laden, a leader of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth, which the FBI suspected of being a terrorist organization.
The passenger list was made public by Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), who obtained the manifest from officials at Boston's Logan International Airport. Lautenberg's office was given the document in recent weeks and released it before today's issuance of the final report of the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks. Although much was already known about the "bin Laden flight," Lautenberg provided additional details, including the information that the plane, a 727 owned by DB Air and operated by Ryan International, began its flight in Los Angeles and made stops in Orlando, Dulles International Airport and Boston before continuing to Gander, Newfoundland; Paris; Geneva; and Jiddah, Saudi Arabia. The aircraft, tail number N521DB, has been chartered frequently by the White House for the press corps traveling with President Bush. (...)

"The Saudi Embassy offered to pay more money if our crew had a concern," [Ron Ryan of Ryan International] said. But he said all were reassured because "the FBI and Secret Service were heavily involved. They were in abundance every place we were."
Regards, Robin Bamps.

Mirror

Post by Mirror »

I have already a pic of the company N211DB http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?240276
Not so special :?
But now its only N521DB , Same company , Same Airline :D
Mirror

OO-JFP

Post by OO-JFP »

Hi,

N521DB already visited BRU in 1995.
I saw him on June 23 in it's older livery with small "Viscount" titles bringing in other well known "users" of that plane: the Stones :rock: .

Best regards,
OO-JFP

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

And here she is...

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?249073

The weather was very bad at the moment of arrival, with some light rain showers too and very few lighting.

Other Luchtzak'kers I saw were Jordi (Brusselsairport) and Thomas (Vonsmal). I'm already looking forward to see their picture results.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

i have no pic of the bird :cry: had to leave on 12.25h because i had to start working at 13h :twisted:
saw her comming in when i was on the "Ring" on 12.34h when i was passing Kraainem,..... whell, at least i had a glimp of here :)

Mirror

Post by Mirror »

Mirror

etihad

Post by etihad »

Vonsmalhausen wrote:i have no pic of the bird :cry: had to leave on 12.25h because i had to start working at 13h :twisted:
saw her comming in when i was on the "Ring" on 12.34h when i was passing Kraainem,..... whell, at least i had a glimp of here :)
Falcon Air Express, FAO 880 is scheduled to fly to Istanbul today at 12h45.

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

etihad wrote:
Vonsmalhausen wrote:i have no pic of the bird :cry: had to leave on 12.25h because i had to start working at 13h :twisted:
thx for the info etihad, but i was in DUS the whole day :D
next time i'l have here :lol:

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Vonsmalhausen wrote:
etihad wrote:
thx for the info etihad, but i was in DUS the whole day :D
next time i'l have here :lol:
If you where in DUS Vonsmal you must have seen the IL96 and A340!!!

Best Regards,
Yvo

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

i did, i did, i did :lol: :dance: :banana: and mutch more :jumpy:
i'm working on the pics now, and wil post a report later today, could not do it earlier as i returned round 24h. yesterday and had to work today.