Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Conti764

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Conti764 »

rwandan-flyer wrote: 22 May 2024, 13:07 It doesn't mean that you have a code share that you will join an alliance.
Never said so... But SN was much closer to Oneworld than to Star Alliance back then.

Before IAG was founded, SN and BRU could have played a role to BA and LHR in a much bigger extend then it did to LH. The added value of SN would have been significantly bigger for the first two.

Stij

Post by Stij »

My two cents...

The past is the past.. and reality has changed so many times...

Just 1 example... When SN was bougth by LH, Wolfgang Mayrhuber was still CEO... who had a completely different approach and style than Carsten Spohr. It was impossible to know in 2008 to foresee this.

Beware of looking back on 2008 with the knowledge of 2024.

Stijn

fcw

Post by fcw »

Conti764 wrote: 22 May 2024, 15:38 Before IAG was founded, SN and BRU could have played a role to BA and LHR in a much bigger extend then it did to LH. The added value of SN would have been significantly bigger for the first two.
So why didn’t BA buy then? Brussels Airlines was for sale for peanuts, BA could easily have bought it.
(Whilst IAG didn’t exist as such, the negotiations about a BA-IB merger were already ongoing in 2007 and any possible further acquisition was certainty looked at from a post merger viewpoint.)

Anyway, as Stij suggested: time to put this “if my uncle had t!ts it would be my auntie” discussion to bed!

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

fcw wrote: 22 May 2024, 17:57
Conti764 wrote: 22 May 2024, 15:38 Before IAG was founded, SN and BRU could have played a role to BA and LHR in a much bigger extend then it did to LH. The added value of SN would have been significantly bigger for the first two.
So why didn’t BA buy then? Brussels Airlines was for sale for peanuts, BA could easily have bought it.
(Whilst IAG didn’t exist as such, the negotiations about a BA-IB merger were already ongoing in 2007 and any possible further acquisition was certainty looked at from a post merger viewpoint.)

Anyway, as Stij suggested: time to put this “if my uncle had t!ts it would be my auntie” discussion to bed!
Fair enough, let's hope SN is on a path to the stability the staff deserves and that the forementioned TATL/Africa plan will go forward and prove a success.

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

According to a newer interview with Aerotelegraph the remaining A330 from LH should migrate to Discover.
So, let's see if SN's growth ambition may be fueled by external A333

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

oldblueeyes wrote: 25 May 2024, 08:06 According to a newer interview with Aerotelegraph the remaining A330 from LH should migrate to Discover.
If they maybe cannot come from LH itself, maybe from their other "partner" Singapore Airlines.
SN had in the past a few A333 from SQ. It seems that SQ has still 2 stored A333 with exact the same engine types SN is using.

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

There are a lot of Asian players upgrading from 333 to 359.
And LH was pretty Quick in securing tactically right fit deals in the last year : just to mention here the A359 for Edelweiss and the 2 additional 789 for Austrian.

It would be interesting to see as well how the plan to grow LH Cargo to 10 A321 should ve implemented: if LH would convert own CEOs or buy from the 2nd hand market.

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

Why should we stop looking at history ?
This is a good forum to understand better the mistakes of the past.
In 2 or 3 years from now we can maybe exchange ideas and explanations about the fantastic strategy that LH is now applying for SN.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

JOVAN2 wrote: 26 May 2024, 10:40

In 2 or 3 years from now we can maybe exchange ideas and explanations about the fantastic strategy that LH is now applying for SN.
Woaw finally a positive post about Brussels Airlines!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

fcw

Post by fcw »

lumumba wrote: 26 May 2024, 12:37
JOVAN2 wrote: 26 May 2024, 10:40 Why should we stop looking at history ?
You missed the sarcasm, Patrice!

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

fcw wrote: 26 May 2024, 15:41
lumumba wrote: 26 May 2024, 12:37
JOVAN2 wrote: 26 May 2024, 10:40 Why should we stop looking at history ?
You missed the sarcasm, Patrice!
:shock:
Hasta la victoria siempre.

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

JOVAN2 wrote: 26 May 2024, 10:40

Meanwhile pls keep playing AirlineSIM so that everyone can have a "real life" benchmark.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

It seems that OO-SFD returned from Singapore yesterday (in two stages via Abu Dhabi), landing early this morning. Flight to Freetown/Monrovia is planned for today. OO-SFF is still in maintenance.

OO-SFB came back from JFK this morning and I assume it will now go for repainting to CHR. If I get it well from some people here on the forum, that should take around 2 weeks (also for an A333?)

OO-SFP is not yet operational, not clear when that will be (but hopefully ready by the time they start Nairobi).

On Thursday SN will have 6 intercontinental flights (4 to Africa and 2 to the US). Tomorrow the same (5 to Africa and 1 to the US). So they seem to keep one plane aside every day ...

I guess that in the course of June the number of flights will gradually increase and the operations will be 'in full swing' in July ...

Cheers,
Danny

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

DannyVDB wrote: 28 May 2024, 07:46 OO-SFB came back from JFK this morning and I assume it will now go for repainting to CHR. If I get it well from some people here on the forum, that should take around 2 weeks (also for an A333?)
For the standard livery:

A319/A320/A320neo: 1 week
A330: 2 weeks

Next year all aircraft wearing the Eurowings and Lufthansa livery will go to the paintshop.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Atlantis wrote: 25 May 2024, 18:12
oldblueeyes wrote: 25 May 2024, 08:06 According to a newer interview with Aerotelegraph the remaining A330 from LH should migrate to Discover.
If they maybe cannot come from LH itself, maybe from their other "partner" Singapore Airlines.
SN had in the past a few A333 from SQ. It seems that SQ has still 2 stored A333 with exact the same engine types SN is using.
Those two will go into cargo conversion. Again, SN is too late. I write this because you don't often have the occasion to grab airplanes perfectly maintained from SIA with Trent engines and increased MTOW. Moreover, the A330 now has wide perspective with these conversion programs, hence a high value on the leasing market (certainly for the MSNs > 1000 and more...).

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

What's the status on the NEO's for the moment? Active: SBA, B & C. In testflight: D & E. Correct? Expected delivery @ BRU?

Matt

Post by Matt »

HQ_BRU_Lover wrote: 29 May 2024, 07:45 What's the status on the NEO's for the moment? Active: SBA, B & C. In testflight: D & E. Correct? Expected delivery @ BRU?
Soon

A321Lufthansa

Post by A321Lufthansa »

DannyVDB wrote: 28 May 2024, 07:46OO-SFB came back from JFK this morning and I assume it will now go for repainting to CHR. If I get it well from some people here on the forum, that should take around 2 weeks (also for an A333?)
If it will fly there for a repaint, then not earlier than around 05.06. as the paintshop in CHR is now occupied by Discover's D-AIKC.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

By this time, OO-SFF will be back on ops.

On a side note, there will never be more than 9 l/h flight per day during the S24. To allow to have a back up aircraft for AOG's. In S19 when there were 10 A330's there were 10 l/h flight on day 5. This decision has been taken to avoid cancelling flights in case of AOG's.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

On https://sites.google.com/view/europeanairlinefleets/bel a 12th A330 appeared for 2026. Even if this is not official yet, the person/organsisation behind this page is most of the time (not always) really well informed.

From what I heard lately, one of the plan on the network could be to add frequencies on the existing destination and to operate more direct flight.