BRU Summer 2024: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: BRU Summer 2024: news, new routes, airlines

Post by lumumba »

Miqvell wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 18:21
lumumba wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 18:18
oldblueeyes wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 17:02

They are a connecting Partner, even they are a budget airline.
So yes, there may be a Code sharing coming, if Air China is not stepping in.
LH likes JV's.
JV's?
Joint ventures
Ok thx
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Sad news - Looks like Georgian canceled Brussels launch, no more flights available.

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

Earlier also Albawings did not start its Kosovo flights, think they are bankrupt?

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Still hypothetical at this time but,

Congo Airways plans Dubai, Brussels, and 5 African Destinations in 2024

"The carrier plans to return to Europe, specifically Brussels. It is currently in negotiations with the EASA to obtain the necessary license, possibly by mid-2024. “Why not make the inaugural flight to Brussels on June 30, 2024?” wonders the CEO as a way to persuade himself. For its return to long-haul flights, Congo Airways is currently negotiating the lease-purchase of a Boeing 777(200ER). According to the CEO, the negotiations are progressing well."

Source : Newsaero

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 11:43 Still hypothetical at this time but,

"The carrier plans to return to Europe, specifically Brussels. It is currently in negotiations with the EASA to obtain the necessary license, possibly by mid-2024. “Why not make the inaugural flight to Brussels on June 30, 2024?” wonders the CEO as a way to persuade himself. For its return to long-haul flights, Congo Airways is currently negotiating the lease-purchase of a Boeing 777(200ER). According to the CEO, the negotiations are progressing well."

That would mean 2 flights for them I think. The bilateral agreement is to have 7 weekly flights. SN is using all of them, but just like in the past, if a Congo airline wants to start they can have 2 of the 7 flights.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 13:39

That would mean 2 flights for them I think. The bilateral agreement is to have 7 weekly flights. SN is using all of them, but just like in the past, if a Congo airline wants to start they can have 2 of the 7 flights.
So this means that SN would have to decrease ? I doubt it'd be imaginable for them. As Congo Air is state-owned, perhaps they could negotiate more easily to increase this limit ?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 13:51
Atlantis wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 13:39

So this means that SN would have to decrease ? I doubt it'd be imaginable for them. As Congo Air is state-owned, perhaps they could negotiate more easily to increase this limit ?
As far as I remember, SN had only rights for 5 flights. The bilateral agreement was for 7 flights. As the Congolese aviation is on the EU blacklist, SN is leasing the 2 extra rights from Congo directly. In case that a solution would be found to let Congo fly via or directly to Belgium, they can pick up again their 2 rights.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Small change, Shanghai will now be offered daily since Juneyao is moving its Monday service to Wednesday.
The inaugural flight is therefore postponed to July 3 and no more double daily on Monday.

New schedule :
Hainan : MO/TU/TH/SA - Juneyao : WE/FR/SU

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 20:01 Small change, Shanghai will now be offered daily since Juneyao is moving its Monday service to Wednesday.
The inaugural flight is therefore postponed to July 3 and no more double daily on Monday.

New schedule :
Too much competition 😉

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 20:17
Miqvell wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 20:01 Small change, Shanghai will now be offered daily since Juneyao is moving its Monday service to Wednesday.

New schedule :
Too much competition 😉
They took the same approach at MAN while there's no competition there.

brabel

Post by brabel »

On the BRU website press room you can read that there will be many news routes, including Brive airport in France, flown by Amelia airlines.
Did anyone know about this? I don't think it was mentioned before.

nathan_06

Post by nathan_06 »

brabel wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 18:15 On the BRU website press room you can read that there will be many news routes, including Brive airport in France, flown by Amelia airlines.
Where can you read this?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

brabel wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 18:15 On the BRU website press room you can read that there will be many news routes, including Brive airport in France, flown by Amelia airlines.
They don't mention this at all in their press release, but in the introduction on social media they do. BTW, in their press release are a few mistakes. I think somebody had a bad morning 😄😉

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Ryanair has operated Charleroi Brive route, but they have decided to end the route. Amelia is a French airline which mainly operates PSO routes, seasonal services but also charters flights in Africa, flights for Air France, Air Calin (New Caldonia) and Transavia France (they have added A320 and A319) and EMS flights in, La Reunion, Comores, Mayotte. We used to talk about them on French Aviation Forum, because among the small French regional (Chalair and TwinJet), it's probably the airline which expands quickly.

However since the covid crisis, they ended some PSO routes :

Castres Paris
Lourdes Paris
Lorient Paris Cdg (not PSO route)
Lorient Lyon
Aurillac Paris
Short lived route Clermont Ferrand Paris Orly
Munich Strasbourg

From Brive, they have built a good network, with daily flights to Paris Orly (PSO route) and seasonal services to Nice and Ajaccio.

https://www-aeroport--brive--vallee--do ... r_pto=wapp
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

brabel

Post by brabel »

Atlantis wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 19:01
They don't mention this at all in their press release, but in the introduction on social media they do. BTW, in their press release are a few mistakes. I think somebody had a bad morning 😄😉
They mention it on their website in their press release.
See the copy of it on the homepage of aviation24.
https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brus ... er-season/

Also, on the Amelia website you can find a two weekly flight in July and August.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

It seems Etihad is upgrading the 789 to the 78X, 2a3 weekly. I checked till mid august.

Source: etihad.com

eagleheart

Post by eagleheart »

SabenaForever wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 00:53 It seems Etihad is upgrading the 789 to the 78X, 2a3 weekly. I checked till mid august.

Source: etihad.com

Idd, I also received this info when I booked my flight for July.

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

Is ET Cargo still flying to BRU??Saw all their flights this week untill now have been canceled..

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

ZavCity wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 14:00 Is ET Cargo still flying to BRU??Saw all their flights this week untill now have been canceled..
Place it in the Brucargo topic.

Don't worry, they are still flying to BRU

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Qatar Airways

Doha – Brussels
eff 31MAR24 10 weekly service maintained, instead of previously filed 7. 787-8 operating
eff 01JUL24 Increase from 10 to 12 weekly