Nuclear Energy Summit 2024 Brussels

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

tavemyliu

Nuclear Energy Summit 2024 Brussels

Post by tavemyliu »

Good morning everybody.

This year, the very first ever Nuclear Energy Summit to be held in BRUSSELS, 21-22 march.

A lot of countries will be there…

Any INFORMATION Will be appreciated.

https://www.iaea.org/events/nuclear-energy-summit-2024

Thaaanks.

tavemyliu

Re: NUCLEAR ENERGY SUMMIT 2024 BRUSSELS

Post by tavemyliu »

Hello folks,

Nobody know something about this?

Brgds.

yaropaesmans

Re: NUCLEAR ENERGY SUMMIT 2024 BRUSSELS

Post by yaropaesmans »

tavemyliu wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 16:33 Hello folks,

Nobody know something about this?

Brgds.
Hello,

Only speculations so far but here you have some potential guest countries.
"Around 30 countries are expected to participate in the Summit. Industry leaders are also expected to attend, as are the heads of think-tanks, experts, and representatives from civil society." according to IAEA's website.
I think it would be logic that these 30 countries will be the ones who have the most nuclear power plants (correct me if I'm wrong but here is a list I made): USA, UK, UAE, Ukraine, Turkey, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, South Korea, Slovakia, (Russia), Pakistan, Japan, India, France, Finland, Czech Republic, China, Canada and Belgium.

I guess time will tell if these countries will come here and if so, with which planes...

Bruspotter

Re: Nuclear Energy Summit 2024 Brussels

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello,

It reads as very important in the margines of Conferences of the Parties (CoP climate summit) alike. However dont be misguided, its not because it states on the head of government/state that it means it WILLbe (applicable nominated govermnment responsible for foreign policy or so might suffise). So not even sure if they will really all come especially as its a first...it hasnt proven anything.

2nd...its called into life and orginized by Belgium...we have very little to none influence and power so its still the question if many it worth enough coming over for especially considering it is not a summit about security or a very important subject, (except france because macron co-hosts it). Rather one to open the debate abiut future use, absolutely non decisive.
Fact i cannot read of any government heads or heads of state planning to come over yet and less the 3w beforehand...doesnt promise any good, just as many many previous so called big meetings in the end turned out not to be much. But we will see.

I would not put any high hopes up to be very honest, and see the few that do turn up (mostly EU im guessing).

Kind regards,

yaropaesmans

Post by yaropaesmans »

Bruspotter wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 10:02 Hello,

It reads as very important in the margines of Conferences of the Parties (CoP climate summit) alike. However dont be misguided, its not because it states on the head of government/state that it means it WILLbe (applicable nominated govermnment responsible for foreign policy or so might suffise). So not even sure if they will really all come especially as its a first...it hasnt proven anything.

2nd...its called into life and orginized by Belgium...we have very little to none influence and power so its still the question if many it worth enough coming over for especially considering it is not a summit about security or a very important subject, (except france because macron co-hosts it). Rather one to open the debate abiut future use, absolutely non decisive.
Fact i cannot read of any government heads or heads of state planning to come over yet and less the 3w beforehand...doesnt promise any good, just as many many previous so called big meetings in the end turned out not to be much. But we will see.

I would not put any high hopes up to be very honest, and see the few that do turn up (mostly EU im guessing).

Kind regards,
Totally agree with you, even SIKO 2024 didn't have as much visitors as usual. I just made a list of potential countries, and even if countries would come, it might just be the minister of energy or whatever. Doesn't have to be the big plane nor the leader that could come... We will see indeed.

tavemyliu

Post by tavemyliu »

Bruspotter wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 10:02 Hello,

Kind regards,
I understand what you mean, anyway, when there are these types of meetings, it is not that much information is known so far in advance. We already know that there is poor information with this type of delicate events. If you go to the official page of the event, in the daily schedule there are many people from many countries who are going to do the conferences, so it is understood that people from China, Korea, and all other countries will come to Brussels. What we have to see is if all those heads of state finally come. According to the official website, it is the WORLD LEADERS who are invited, all this was decided at the DUBAI meeting, where many heads of state were present, so being positive, it should be something very similar. I wish, fingers crossed.

Spotterke

Post by Spotterke »

Are there already flightplans known?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It started this morning, with 33 countries present. Of course, some heads of state didn't need to fly: Belgium, the European Commission. But what about the others? On the TV news, I saw a man in a traditional arab dress: UAE?
André
ex Sabena #26567