Brucargo 2024: cargo routes & news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Established02

Re: Brucargo 2024: cargo routes & news

Post by Established02 »

For about a year Kalitta 747s had been operating IAH-ORD-BRU-DXB flights on behalf of Emirates. It looks like this contract has come to an end, as EK 77Ls are now operating on this route again.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Great news today. Lufthansa cargo announced that as from 3rd April they will connect Brussels with Chicago with their B777F.

The route will be FRA-BRU-ORD and this twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Main cargo will be pharmaceutical

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

ULS cargo who is flying at BRU will take into its cargo fleet 2 A330-300 P2F aircraft as from August 2024. It can be that we will see them to from time to time at Brucargo

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Maybe I am reading way too much into it but I’m wondering if the new lufthansa cargo is a sign for things to come - apart from the press release itself about the growing partnership between LH, UA and SN

fcw

Post by fcw »

theeuropean wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 15:14 Maybe I am reading way too much into it but I’m wondering if the new lufthansa cargo is a sign for things to come - apart from the press release itself about the growing partnership between LH, UA and SN
I wouldn’t call two flights a week a “sign”.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

fcw wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 17:42
theeuropean wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 15:14 Maybe I am reading way too much into it but I’m wondering if the new lufthansa cargo is a sign for things to come - apart from the press release itself about the growing partnership between LH, UA and SN
I wouldn’t call two flights a week a “sign”.
Why not?
That's exactly a sign or the beginning of something maybe,If the project really comes to fruition, adding a few more cargo flights makes perfect sense.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

At the Indermodal South America, LATAM Cargo announced 2 new destinations to Europe: Florianopolis in Brazil and Montevideo in Uruguay. Both routes will begin operating in April 2024 and year round.

It will be again between AMS and BRU, because of the slot restrictions at AMS but also BRU didn't confirmed the slots. It's not yet decided which will be the origin of those services. The decision will be made in a few weeks.

Both destinations will be served twice weekly. Especially Florianopolis will be special as it is not served at all from Europe. Montevideo is already served with a stop in Miami. Soon it will be connected directly.

Main cargo on top of the list is pharmaceutical products. And here we see BRU as the only one in the picture. And main cargo from Europe.

Source: CargoForwarder

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 23:49 At the Indermodal South America, LATAM Cargo announced 2 new destinations to Europe: Florianopolis in Brazil and Montevideo in Uruguay. Both routes will begin operating in April 2024 and year round.

It will be again between AMS and BRU, because of the slot restrictions at AMS but also BRU didn't confirmed the slots. It's not yet decided which will be the origin of those services. The decision will be made in a few weeks.

Both destinations will be served twice weekly. Especially Florianopolis will be special as it is not served at all from Europe. Montevideo is already served with a stop in Miami. Soon it will be connected directly.

Main cargo on top of the list is pharmaceutical products. And here we see BRU as the only one in the picture. And main cargo from Europe.

Looking forward to it, unless they leave BRU months later like they did with JFK/MIA :roll:

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

I am afraid LGG will pick up the BRU flights, as they did before and as they are doing now with some of the MSR( ex OST) flights too..They are very agressive and try to take flights from BRU/OST/HHN and others with very cheap landing and handling fares there..

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

ZavCity wrote: ↑Today, 13:00
Is ET Cargo still flying to BRU??Saw all their flights this week untill now have been canceled..

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

FarCargo launched Faroe - BRU - Billund on 28th March, two flights every Thursday.
Cargo onboard is premium fresh salmon from Bakkafrost, harvested in the Faroe Islands.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 17:14 FarCargo launched Faroe - BRU - Billund on 28th March, two flights every Thursday.
Cargo onboard is premium fresh salmon from Bakkafrost, harvested in the Faroe Islands.
It reminds me years ago of the Korean Air Cargo flights from Canada to BRU with only salmon on board. Those were a few flights per week around December. It was for a few years in a row.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 21:01
Miqvell wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 17:14 FarCargo launched Faroe - BRU - Billund on 28th March, two flights every Thursday.
It reminds me years ago of the Korean Air Cargo flights from Canada to BRU with only salmon on board. Those were a few flights per week around December. It was for a few years in a row.
Btw, do we have any progress with Latam Cargo or is it still on hold ?
I saw that they're back to BRU with another type of flight but for how long...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 21:13
Atlantis wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 21:01
Btw, do we have any progress with Latam Cargo or is it still on hold ?
I saw that they're back to BRU with another type of flight but for how long...
They are back indeed but it was a very short break. They will announce it this month. But it's also looking at the slot coordinator of BRU bcs they didn't confirmed the slots yet

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Atlantis wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 23:49 At the Indermodal South America, LATAM Cargo announced 2 new destinations to Europe: Florianopolis in Brazil and Montevideo in Uruguay. Both routes will begin operating in April 2024 and year round.

And yes, it's just confirmed that Latam Cargo will connect Florianopolis and Montevideo with Brussels airport and this twice a week.

In practice, on Thursdays and Sundays there will be double daily flights of Latam Cargo to BRU.

Latam Cargo is connecting 4 Latin America destinations with BRU

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

The end is here ! Brussels wins the new contract !

LATAM Cargo is now connecting Brussels Airport to the following destinations in Latin America :

Santiago (Chile)
Curitiba, Viracopos & Florianópolis (Brasil)
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Operating B767 freighters twice a day on Thursdays and Sundays.