BRU-JNB-CPT with Air belgium

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Stij

BRU-JNB-CPT with Air belgium

Post by Stij »

Hi,

Normally I don't post any trip reports anymore, but as some blogger made a bad review of Air Belgium, I found it be my obligation to post this.

Last wednesday I flew to, and yesterday I returned from CPT with Air Belgium for a quick business trip. i flew economy.

I can report

- punctuallity... excellent
- seat... standard working economy seat with perfectly working IFE. I used my own headphones.
- meals... above standard economy food, Belgian inspired "ballekes in tomatensaus"with mashed potatoes outbound, South-African insprired chicken curry inbound. Suzy waffles between JNB and CPT
- drinks... only one alcoholic drink offered, buth the white was a 25cl Chardonnay by Grafé Lecocq... not to bad.
- crew... WAY above standard: they were really friendly, cheerfull and helpfull
- the JNB stop: we stayed +-2,5 hours on the ground, in- and outbound... but I understand as from the summer schedule they reduce the flight time between BRU and JNB and the length of the JNB stop. That should fix that issue.

On Brussels airport... miracle... the automatic passport gates were working outbound and inbound... no line outbound, 5 minute wait inbound...

Conclusion:

I'm a very happy customer and will fly them again.
One issue however... When I fly during the Autumn, Winter or Spring Holidays with my children... the lack of a weekend flight makes me still fly other airlines.
I really wish them luck and hope they can devellop the route more so there will be a weekend flight.