Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2022

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Diversions from around the globe (medical, technical, ...) 2022

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 22:16 Lufthansa flight #LH575 from Cape Town to Munich (Airbus A350-900 reg D-AIXE) squawked 7700 and diverted to Luanda. Reason unknown. Eight hours after landing, the plane is still in Luanda.
And apparently, passengers (and aircraft) were stranded much longer with little help from Lufthansa:
  • Passengers were only allowed to leave the plane after hours of waiting
  • Since passengers didn’t have entry documents for Angola, the Angolan military confiscated all passengers’ passports
  • Lufthansa arranged hotels for passengers, but didn’t provide any information about how they’d continue their journey
  • Passengers later received new tickets from Lufthansa with new flights; Lufthansa wasn’t sending a rescue plane, but rather rebooked passengers on other flights
  • Many of the flight’s passengers were rebooked on flights that aren’t even soon; for example, a family with three children was given December 12 as the next possible return trip — ah, yes, enjoy your complimentary nine-day vacation in Angola!

André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Biggest problem is Lufthansa themselves every time one of their flights gets canceled it's a mess the last time they put me on a flight via nigeria two days later which itself has been canceled...
That never is the case with Brussels Airlines they know you have to send another plane at least that's my experience and it happened 3 times with Lufthansa here in Luanda that the flight was canceled this year!!!
I'm sorry sn26567 but it says they had to wait on the plane because it was more comfortable it doesn't say they had to wait for hours?!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

sn26567 wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 21:52
And apparently, passengers (and aircraft) were stranded much longer with little help from Lufthansa:

Little help from Lufthansa, or little help from Angola?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Lux_avi wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 22:41

Here it's from Lufthansa ,Emirates,TAP are flying every day but there aren't willing to pay or to send another aircraft like I explained my experience here above.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

lumumba wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 23:07

Here it's from Lufthansa ,Emirates,TAP are flying every day but there aren't willing to pay or to send another aircraft like I explained my experience here above.
You didn’t explain anything about this diversion, you’re talking about your own experience.

Having to cancel a flight if you send a rescue plane, confiscating passports of all pax, poor airport infrastructure & so on raise questions on how helpful Angola is in this case. Not?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Lux_avi wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 13:02

You didn’t explain anything about this diversion, you’re talking about your own experience.

Having to cancel a flight if you send a rescue plane, confiscating passports of all pax, poor airport infrastructure & so on raise questions on how helpful Angola is in this case. Not?
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the airport of Luanda sure if you compare with Kinshasa or all airports in Central Africa for example,it's just a small airport but it's ok in my opinion.
What's the problem to take a passport if you receive it back when you leave the country it's easier than to start the procedure to make a visa!

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Lux_avi wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 13:02

You see the Angolans are more helpful than the Belgians who let sleep people in the Airport because they don't have a visa this is scandalous if something like that happens in an African Airport it makes the first pages!!!

fcw

Post by fcw »

lumumba wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 07:36 You see the Angolans are more helpful than the Belgians who let sleep people in the Airport because they don't have a visa this is scandalous if something like that happens in an African Airport it makes the first pages!!!
I wonder what would have happened if the LH-pax would have taken other passengers as a hostage to obtain a rescue flight….

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

fcw wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 08:46
lumumba wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 07:36 You see the Angolans are more helpful than the Belgians who let sleep people in the Airport because they don't have a visa this is scandalous if something like that happens in an African Airport it makes the first pages!!!
I wonder what would have happened if the LH-pax would have taken other passengers as a hostage to obtain a rescue flight….
It's easy it was not necessary because they where treated well.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Eurowings flight #EW9531 from Alicante (ALC) to Dusseldorf (DUS) is declaring an emergency above Belgium but seems to continue to its destination.

EDIT: plane landed safely at DUS, still squawking 7700.

André
ex Sabena #26567