Question in relation to the Dutch flying tax - Ryanair flight

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
luchtzak

Question in relation to the Dutch flying tax - Ryanair flight

Post by luchtzak »

Please can you help me ? I would like to know who do I contact in relation to the Dutch flying tax ... I was due to fly to Holland on December 30-02 January with Ryanair but our flights were cancelled due to Covid, I was charged 15.70 on 05/01/21 by Ryanair which I’m presuming is the flight tax but Ryanair said I have to contact the Dutch airport? And that it’s got nothing to do with them?? Any advice please??
Last edited by luchtzak on 21 Jan 2021, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Aviation24.be got this question via our contact form

Passenger

Re: Question in relation to the Dutch flying tax - Ryanair flight

Post by Passenger »

Please can you help me ? I would like to know who do I contact in relation to the Dutch flying tax ... I was due to fly to Holland on December 30-02 January with Ryanair but our flights were cancelled due to Covid, I was charged 15.70 on 05/01/21 by Ryanair which I’m presuming is the flight tax but Ryanair said I have to contact the Dutch airport? And that it’s got nothing to do with them?? Any advice please??
Who has cancelled the flights: you or the airline?
What was the date of the cancellation?
What was the airport of origin?

You haven't signed an agreement with the airport, but with Ryanair. And it's Ryanair who charged your credit card. So if Ryanair has cancelled the flight, EU Rule 261/2004 says they have to refund all amounts paid. No matter what Ryanair's General Condition 4.2 says. It won't be the first time that a judge rules that a Ryanair rule is illegal.