Brussels Airlines in 2020

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sn26567 »

longwings wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 18:08
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 17:30 OO-SFG left BRU half an hour ago as SN1303 bound for ROB.
nordikcam wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 18:45 There is an other SN flight en route to FIH... SN1357
Passenger wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 11:50 OO-SFE (333) is doing 2 x Kinshasa SN1357/SN1358: on 29th June and on 1st July:
AFAIK, these are cargo-only flights using passenger aircraft. Scheduled passenger service to Africa has not started yet.
The flight to ROB on 29 June had 55 passengers on board.

http://gnnliberia.com/2020/06/30/first- ... -covid-19/
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

b720 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 18:52
nordikcam wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:22 Does anyone have a "trick" for SN to answer the phone (reservations) or Facebook ... to reorganize canceled reservations. No answer. No one ! Nothing...
My flight July 24 got cancelled, and I booked it a week ago!
Tried calling SN call Center today, to no avail.. tried Miles amd more, they answered but could not help with a paid ticket, they suggested a message on Twitter. I tried again the call center, I was on hold For about 30 min but got through!
They are refunding me as. I refused all other options.. let’s wait and see how long that takes..keep trying the call Center, you will get through , eventually.
SN explains that their call centre is receiving 11 times more calls than normal (i.e. 34,000 calls a day iso 3,000). Passengers who asked for a refund can call until 31 Jan 2021, and those who want to modify their ticket can do so until 31 Dec 2021.

https://www.rtl.be/info/belgique/societ ... 28704.aspx
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Ansett wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 13:49 I just checked if my account had been cancelled as requested a few days ago. I presume it has not been done for commercial purposes.
I can see that under Brussels Airlines 2020, the most interesting and exciting discussion goes on between two famous members.
"I'm right, you're wrong, you're wrong, I'm right....."
Great Forum ! Hat's off !
Boring discussion indeed....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Airbus330lover wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 15:59
Ansett wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 13:49 I just checked if my account had been cancelled as requested a few days ago. I presume it has not been done for commercial purposes.
I can see that under Brussels Airlines 2020, the most interesting and exciting discussion goes on between two famous members.
Boring discussion indeed....
You are right: we'll move that to a separate topic.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

:!:
Are you short of attention and/or frustrated? A message to forum staff will provide a solution, posting off-topic will not.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Former Brussels Airlines CEO Christina Foerster becomes co-chair of SN Airholding, the parent company of the airline

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... e-airline/

I presume this is a good thing? At least during her period the ludicrous plan to integrate SN into EW was dropped (forever grateful to her for this) ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Scheduled flights to Africa not before August, but already some flights to Senegal for repatriations in both directions:

05 July 2020: Brussels-Dakar
06 July 2020: Dakar- Brussels
12 July 2020: Brussels- Dakar
13 July 2020: Dakar- Brussels

Cameroun has also authorised the return of three weekly SN flights from 8 July (after AF), between 06:00 and 23:00. And with a negative Covid-19 test, face masks, etc.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Today in the news: TAP Air Portugal and El Al are going to be nationalized. (https://www.airlive.net/category/news/)

Meanwhile at SN...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Boavida wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 12:18 Today in the news: TAP Air Portugal ... to be nationalized.
In our news 4 days ago ;)
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/tap- ... -portugal/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

VRT News reports that Lufthansa has written a letter to Belgium's prime minister Wilmès last week: "we do need a solution by 10th July. And it must be one that is in line with the agreements we have made in Austria and Switzerland".
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/07/08 ... -airlines/

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Passenger wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:49 VRT News reports that Lufthansa has written a letter to Belgium's prime minister Wilmès last week: "we do need a solution by 10th July. And it must be one that is in line with the agreements we have made in Austria and Switzerland".
Which, imho, are not that bad.

If I see what our government asked and what the Austrians got, it's preety much balanced.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Passenger wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:49 VRT News reports that Lufthansa has written a letter to Belgium's prime minister Wilmès last week: "we do need a solution by 10th July. And it must be one that is in line with the agreements we have made in Austria and Switzerland".
Wire money from LH to SN.
That's your solution.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Flanker2 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 09:52 Wire money from LH to SN.
That's your solution.
You talk about ethics, not real power struggles between two economic actors/entities. Pilots should not give that much salary, that much FT/DT restrictions and so on. But reality is : if you don't give in, you will be fired. So pilots accept the shitty deal. And in a few years from now, when the crisis will be a souvenir, pilots will drop their suitcase to get back their old conditions. Power game.

It's the same here : State needs an airline. And Lufthansa knows it.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Crosswind wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 10:17
Flanker2 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 09:52 Wire money from LH to SN.
That's your solution.
You talk about ethics, not real power struggles between two economic actors/entities. Pilots should not give that much salary, that much FT/DT restrictions and so on. But reality is : if you don't give in, you will be fired. So pilots accept the shitty deal. And in a few years from now, when the crisis will be a souvenir, pilots will drop their suitcase to get back their old conditions. Power game.

It's the same here : State needs an airline. And Lufthansa knows it.
Pilots have to ride the waves, that's a choice they make when they decide to embark in a career in an extremely cyclical business.
Right from the moment they speculate by taking a huge loan against their parents' houses on the chances of getting a job, they are speculating.
I have advised several guys who are now SN and Tuifly right seaters against taking this route. Explained the risk of not finding a job, losing the job and cyclical aspects. They didn't listen to me and took the risk. It's their problem now and their loans are probably still running as we speak.

Nobody listens to Flanker until everything unfolds as predicted and then they are too proud to admit it.

So what is LH's plan?
Take 390 Millions, and turn BRU into a hub with 30 A330's for SN?
Or is it take 390 millions now, another 200 million in 6 months, another 500 millions in a year, and then shut it down because it has too much debt?

We're not in a recovery phase yet, what's the upside for the Belgian State for investing in airlines right now?
There is more risk than benefit and as I said, if they give money to SN, they will have to give it to a whole bunch of other companies, in an environment of decreasing fiscal revenue and higher spending.
In the aftermath of the great financial crisis, many nations were brought to their knees financially, this time is the same time ten. Politicans will eventually have to choose between the bankruptcy of companies like SN and the bankruptcy of the country.
If the country still stands, we at least can start over with as many national airlines as you like.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Flanker2 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 11:26 Nobody listens to Flanker until everything unfolds as predicted and then they are too proud to admit it.
Nostradamus predicted also a zillion things. None of them realized, except for one or two things. "So Nostradamus was right", some say.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Miljard euro extra voor eventuele tweede golf of voor steun aan Brussels Airlines
De federale overheid zet een miljard euro extra opzij voor uitgaven die nodig zouden zijn mocht er een tweede golf van het coronavirus uitbreken. De Kamercommissie Begroting heeft daarvoor woensdagmorgen het licht op groen gezet. De middelen kunnen ook gebruikt worden voor een eventuele steun aan luchtvaartmaatschappij Brussels Airlines.

De begrotingsaanpassing komt er om kort op de bal te kunnen spelen. Over iets meer dan een week is het parlement met vakantie en de regering wil niet voor verrassingen komen te staan wanneer er dringende uitgaven moeten gebeuren.

Omdat de regering al anderhalf jaar niet beschikt over een parlementaire meerderheid, wordt er gewerkt met een noodbegroting, die per kwartaal door het parlement moet. Vanwege de coronacrisis is die noodbegroting al een paar keer bijgewerkt. Om dringende uitgaven - zoals voor beschermingsmateriaal of coronatesten - te kunnen doen, is er dit jaar al twee maal een miljard extra toegekend aan de "interdepartementale provisie", een soort enveloppe voor onverwachte kosten. Dat begrotingspotje wordt ook aangewend voor het uitvoeren van bepaalde beslissingen van de "superkern", het overleg van de regering met de partijen die de volmachten hebben gesteund.

Het nieuwe extra miljard aan kredieten kan ook aangewend worden voor steun aan Brussels Airlines. De luchtvaartmaatschappij zou 300 miljoen euro nodig hebben om te kunnen overleven.
https://www.hln.be/nieuws/live-regering ... ~a4ab68ac/

1 Billion Euro budgetted to prepare for the second wave or save Brussels Airlines.
So apparently any money used for Brussels Airlines will be at the expense of the budget for the second wave of the virus.

What did I write just a couple of hours ago?
Politicans will eventually have to choose between the bankruptcy of companies like SN and the bankruptcy of the country.

Matt

Post by Matt »

yeah yeah Flanker, we know already... We are dumb are you are smart.

I will keep following this forum, i.e. 'lurking', but this is the last message I write. ( even tough I don't write that much myself here )

The atmosphere here is almost like Overwatch and League of Legends: Extremely toxic. All due to some members. Sad, because I love the idea of a Belgian aviation forum.

Mods: please draw conclusions. Multiple members are quitting your forum, you can still act. Peace !

Bracebrace

Post by Bracebrace »

Flanker2 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 11:26 I have advised several guys who are now SN and Tuifly right seaters against taking this route. Explained the risk of not finding a job, losing the job and cyclical aspects. They didn't listen to me and took the risk. It's their problem now and their loans are probably still running as we speak.

Nobody listens to Flanker until everything unfolds as predicted and then they are too proud to admit it.
I feel like you are talking about me (except for the specific details on the loan stuff).

If you explained cycli correct, you would know and have explained to them that all the grounded right seaters from november 2001 who decided not to quit (pretty much all of them afaik) are today’s captains and (if they wanted to go long haul) have become today´s long haul captains. We indeed ride the waves.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Matt wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 15:46 yeah yeah Flanker, we know already... We are dumb are you are smart.

I will keep following this forum, i.e. 'lurking', but this is the last message I write. ( even tough I don't write that much myself here )

The atmosphere here is almost like Overwatch and League of Legends: Extremely toxic. All due to some members. Sad, because I love the idea of a Belgian aviation forum.

Mods: please draw conclusions. Multiple members are quitting your forum, you can still act. Peace !
As long as there are no personal attacks and discriminations, we respect freedom of speech. Discuss ideas, don't hit the players.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

sn26567 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 18:53 we respect freedom of speech.
Which would be nice if we wouldn't get slated by certain member(s) everytime he/she doesnt agree with said freedom