skeyes (ex-Belgocontrol) ATCO vacancies

Find your job in the aviation industry.
YoLo

Re: Belgocontrol ATCO vacancies

Post by YoLo »

Hi,

I received my invitation for the English and personality interview in September. How can I prepare for these tests? Tips are welcome :)

Thanks

desrudy

Post by desrudy »

Hello, I will probably join the Belgian army for a training Officer A.T.C (Military Air Controller) in August / September 2018.
The first year of training is at E.R.M in Brussels and subsequently at Air Traffic Control (military).
I wanted to be in touch with:
people who will start BelgoControl training in Belgium this year .
It is true that with the arrival of the European License, the standards are the same everywhere but I would like to have an exchange mainly of the courses, discussions about the courses, books and the methodology used, the pro and cons, progress and improvements and that during our training and why not after it so even longer.
Contact me in Private if you are interested

MM3620

Post by MM3620 »

YoLo wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 14:26 Hi,

I received my invitation for the English and personality interview in September. How can I prepare for these tests? Tips are welcome :)

Thanks
Read some English books, watch the BBC news, get some knowledge about the ATC-jargon.
In all honesty, don't worry about the English interview, it's quite easy.

The personality interview: Just prepare like you would prepare any job interview. Have someone draft you a list of questions, and prepare an answer for these. (Don't study the answers though, make sure to act spontaneuous.)

This is actually all you can do, I sadly did not pass my personality interview because I was unprepared and didn't know it was actually a normal job interview. But looking back to it, it is actually quite easy if you control your nerves and prepare a bit.

YoLo

Post by YoLo »

Hi MM3620,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass the interviews...

Thanks for the tips! :)

A320lover

Post by A320lover »

YoLo wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 14:26 Hi,

Thanks
As MM3620 said, I think preparation is pretty important (especially preparing some questions just like you would do for any other job interview). Remaining calm and being honest is also the key to success. Been there, done that! All I can do is wish you good luck!

YoLo

Post by YoLo »

I've gone trough all the testing phases at Belgocontrol.
I still need to pass the medical exam this month :)
Could some of you help me out on how the course is going? How long does the theory takes? Is it a mix of theory and simulator testing? Do we have a final exam after we've finished the course or are we tested throughout course?

Many thanks

SR20

Post by SR20 »

YoLo wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 12:55 I've gone trough all the testing phases at Belgocontrol.
I still need to pass the medical exam this month :)
Could some of you help me out on how the course is going? How long does the theory takes? Is it a mix of theory and simulator testing? Do we have a final exam after we've finished the course or are we tested throughout course?

Many thanks
Maybe some information here :
- Basic ATC : https://www.entrypointnorth.com/pdf/BAS ... 180418.pdf
- ADV & ADI : https://www.entrypointnorth.com/pdf/ADV ... 180418.pdf
- APS RAD : https://www.entrypointnorth.com/pdf/APP ... 180820.pdf

It takes about 2 years to complete the course and OJT (on the job training) period.
Expect some progress tests during the course and a final exam after each module.

And don't say "Belgocontrol" any more, but "skeyes" now ;-)

Good luck !

MM3620

Re: skeyes (ex-Belgocontrol) ATCO vacancies

Post by MM3620 »

Anyone heard some gossip of when a new Atco recruitment process will start? I'd like to give it one last go before hitting the magic mark of 25.. :)

vas

Post by vas »

I haven’t seen anything yet on the skeyes website so I guess we’ll have to wait until we receive an email...

2 years ago I took part at the selection for atc at Eurocontrol in Maastricht but I didn’t pass the first round :?
I was wondering if the tests at skeyes are the same as at Eurocontrol. Is it possible that they are easier?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Aviation24, vas!
André
ex Sabena #26567

vas

Post by vas »

sn26567 wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 00:26 Welcome to Aviation24, vas!
Thank you :)

MM3620

Post by MM3620 »

vas wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 00:15 I haven’t seen anything yet on the skeyes website so I guess we’ll have to wait until we receive an email...

2 years ago I took part at the selection for atc at Eurocontrol in Maastricht but I didn’t pass the first round :?
I was wondering if the tests at skeyes are the same as at Eurocontrol. Is it possible that they are easier?
The test itself is exactly the same. Belgocontrol/Skyes actually uses the Eurocontrol tests. It might be a bit easier since you have Feast 1 split up in two days at Skyes, instead having to work through all tests from 9-17 in Maastricht. But this is just personal preference I reckon. I actually much prefered the Eurocontrol testings.

vas

Post by vas »

MM3620 wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 13:52
vas wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 00:15 I haven’t seen anything yet on the skeyes website so I guess we’ll have to wait until we receive an email...

The test itself is exactly the same. Belgocontrol/Skyes actually uses the Eurocontrol tests. It might be a bit easier since you have Feast 1 split up in two days at Skyes, instead having to work through all tests from 9-17 in Maastricht. But this is just personal preference I reckon. I actually much prefered the Eurocontrol testings.
Allright! Thank you for the intel MM3620 :)

@People who have passed Feast 1 in the past.
Does anyone know a good website or something like that to prepare for the Feast 1 tests? I know everyone says that you can't prepare for those tests, but a little 'preparation' can't hurt right?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

It’s common sense, basically. No need to prepare!

A good night’s rest and a healthy lifestyle is enough 😉

A320lover

Post by A320lover »

Can only confirm that, no need to prepare for FEAST 1, just need some braincells to work and you will be good. :)

vas

Post by vas »

Oooh okay! Thanks guys!
Now all we have to do is wait until skeyes starts recruiting again :)

SR20

Post by SR20 »

AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER RECRUITMENT EXAM !!
MM3620 wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 07:14 Anyone heard some gossip of when a new Atco recruitment process will start? I'd like to give it one last go before hitting the magic mark of 25.. :)
Become an air traffic controller ! Register till march 20th for skeyes recruitment exam !
https://www.skeyes.be/en/career/atco

vas

Post by vas »

Finally!! :D

magicpie

Post by magicpie »

Anyone taking part in the selections at Skeyes ? Received my invitation for FEAST 2.