http://www.anna.aero/2017/01/31/us-mexi ... -10-years/

Moderator: Latest news team

Exactly. Let's limit our comments to aviation. As other moderators and myself have already done earlier in this thread, we shall delete all non aviation-related posts without warning.jan_olieslagers wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 20:22 Ahum. What's that to do with aviation? (which I already wanted to say about the posting being replied to, too)
The refusal was announced 3 days before Trump announced the travel ban for passport holders from 7 countries.sn26567 wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 21:30 Travel prohibition for Belgian taekwondo delegation participating in the US Open
The Minister of Sports of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation Rachid Madrane said on Tuesday he learned "with consternation" the travel ban imposed to the French-speaking Belgian taekwondo competitors, as they were about to embark for the US.
"The conditions of this ban are inadmissible," the minister said in a statement. "The athletes learned that they had been refused at the airport on the grounds that they did not have a visa, even though they had valid passports and an authorisation to travel to the US (ESTA). The requirement of a visa is a new requirement which the Embassy had informed the Belgian Association of Taekwondo only the night before the departure of the delegation," he denounced.
Francophone athletes Si Mohamed Ketbi and Mourad Laachraoui cannot participate in the US Open, the first major international taekwondo competition of the year that takes place in Las Vegas from 31 January to 3 February 2017. Rachid Madrane wishes to bring its "total support" to these sportsmen, excluded from a major competition "for reasons not established".
For the Minister, the "intolerable policy" of President Trump and the new American administration in terms of access to the territory, "constructed on mistrust, withdrawal and arbitrary, cannot continue any further."
Obama didnt run for presidentPassenger wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 21:41The refusal was announced 3 days before Trump announced the travel ban for passport holders from 7 countries.sn26567 wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 21:30 Travel prohibition for Belgian taekwondo delegation participating in the US Open
The Minister of Sports of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation Rachid Madrane said on Tuesday he learned "with consternation" the travel ban imposed to the French-speaking Belgian taekwondo competitors, as they were about to embark for the US.
"The conditions of this ban are inadmissible," the minister said in a statement. "The athletes learned that they had been refused at the airport on the grounds that they did not have a visa, even though they had valid passports and an authorisation to travel to the US (ESTA). The requirement of a visa is a new requirement which the Embassy had informed the Belgian Association of Taekwondo only the night before the departure of the delegation," he denounced.
Francophone athletes Si Mohamed Ketbi and Mourad Laachraoui cannot participate in the US Open, the first major international taekwondo competition of the year that takes place in Las Vegas from 31 January to 3 February 2017. Rachid Madrane wishes to bring its "total support" to these sportsmen, excluded from a major competition "for reasons not established".
For the Minister, the "intolerable policy" of President Trump and the new American administration in terms of access to the territory, "constructed on mistrust, withdrawal and arbitrary, cannot continue any further."
My guess for the refusal: when checking the final passengers list for that particular flight, the U.S. security service doing that passengers check, saw that Mourad Laachroui is the brother of one of the suicide terrorists from Brussels Airport, 22/03/2016.
My guess: even when Obama would have won the elections, Laachroui would have been refused entry for the above reason (= too close link with a killer terrorist).
I didn't said he ran for president. I only said "even when Obama would have won the elections ..." Would have won. Voorwaardelijke wijze.


Get your facts right please. Conway didn't say "a Massacre in Bowling Green", but "The Bowling Green Massacre". That's the name of a FBI-file about a deadly attack in 2011, in Iraq. The two culprits were two Iraqi asylum seekers that lived in Bowling Green - hence the FBI called it "The Bowling Green Massacre".sean1982 wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 17:03 Trump's ban based upon a lie
Trumps advisor Kellyanne Conway has defended the Trump ban by citing that the reason was because of Obama's previous ban for Iraq citizens after a bloodbath committed by Iraqi illegals in Bowling Green.
After a quick fact check however, there has never been a blood bath in Bowling Green and so the whole story was imaginary. The reason for the Obama ban was purely because 2 Iraqi illegals tried to send money and weapons to Iraq from Bowling Green but were caught and arrested and sentenced life long.
The same woman also claimed that "women would not be raped if they were stronger" and also came up with the term "alternative facts".
It seems now that the Trump ban is also based on her imaginary "alternative facts".
Article in dutch
http://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20170203_ ... 7b05894136
I did get my facts right ... the Trump ban based on a blood bath (or massacre as you prefer) is inexistentPassenger wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 17:13
Edited: after some additional reading, I have to adjust the above: the FBI filed it as "the Bowling Green Terrorists", and not as "the Bowling Green Massacre".
Your "facts" is fake news. Your facts are a wrong translation by a Flemish newspaper from a false quote in some of the anti-Trump U.S. press.sean1982 wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 17:28I did get my facts right ... the Trump ban based on a blood bath (or massacre as you prefer) is inexistentPassenger wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 17:13 Edited: after some additional reading, I have to adjust the above: the FBI filed it as "the Bowling Green Terrorists", and not as "the Bowling Green Massacre".
Right, so you are denying that in the video that is embedded in the news article of the "fake news" she specifically refers to "the bowling green massacre" and not the "bowling green terrorists"? I dont think I need to give an Oxford english translation for the word massacre vs the word terrorist to know that in no way shape or form they are even related and at the same time she defends the Trump ban by saying it is based on Obama's ban for said massacre? That's classic comical Ali stuff right here. With video proof of the words coming out of her mouth still denying it. Than again, it is proven more then enough that trump and its supporters have a clear problem with facts even when they are staring them right in the eyes.Passenger wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 17:45Your "facts" is fake news. Your facts are a wrong translation by a Flemish newspaper from a false quote in some of the anti-Trump U.S. press.sean1982 wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 17:28I did get my facts right ... the Trump ban based on a blood bath (or massacre as you prefer) is inexistentPassenger wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 17:13 Edited: after some additional reading, I have to adjust the above: the FBI filed it as "the Bowling Green Terrorists", and not as "the Bowling Green Massacre".
Conway was referring to the terrorist activities from mr Waad Ramadan Alwan and mr Mohamad Shareef Hammadi, both admitted to the US in 2009, both condemned in a US Court in 2011 for Al-Qada terror actvities, file known as "Bowling Green Terrorists". As a result of the FBI findings about the two men, Obama ordered a six months slowdown period (= a ban) for Iraqi refugees.
Trump just called a three month ban to adjust where the Obama administration failed, and the world protests. But back in 2011, there was not one single protester against Obama's six month ban for Iraqis. Typical left-populist hypocrisy indeed.