Belgian airline brands competition

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-VEX

Belgian airline brands competition

Post by OO-VEX »

Weeks ago, a national brand competition was organised by LDV, These Days and MSN. More than 25000 people have voted for their favorite brands in about 40 categories.

Here are the results for the airlines:
1. Thomas Cook Airlines.....18.8%
2. SN Brussels Airlines........18.1%
3. Virgin..............................14.2%
4. Ryanair...........................12.8%
5. Singapore Airlines............7.1%
6. KLM..................................6.1%
7. British Airways.................5.9%
8. Lufthansa........................3.9%
9. Air France.........................3.7%
10. American Airlines............3.6%

:arrow: Compared to last year, only SN Brussels and Ryanair have more votes. All the other airlines have lost a lot of votes because Thomas Cook Airlines was not in the competition last year. Virgin was the biggest loser with a decrease of 6%.

Thomas Cook Airlines is the n° 1 for women, young people (<34y.), Dutch-speaking and lower educated people.
SN Brussels Airlines is the n° 1 for men, people older than 35, French-speaking and higher educated people.

:!: Remarkable is the growth of Ryanair, as this company is also n° 1 in the share of hate.

Most hated airline brands in Belgium:
1. Ryanair............................15.6%
2. Singapore Airlines............12.3%
3. Swiss...............................10.3%

Last year, Swiss was the most hated airline with 18.3%

For those who would like to read more about the national brand competition, you can download a pdf-file from http://www.fans-for-brands.com (only in dutch and french)

OO-VEX
Last edited by OO-VEX on 24 Mar 2004, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Very interesting, OO-VEX.

But why do so many people hate Singapore Airlines?
André
ex Sabena #26567

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Maybe they make a conection with the SARS virus

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

I wonder too, Singapore Airlines is one of the best airlines in my opinion, can't really find a bad thing to say about them...

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

Maybe its luck, that the report is made with people who has bad experience with SA ?

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote: But why do so many people hate Singapore Airlines?
You're talking the words out of my mouth. ;)
I really don't understand why SIA would be hated that much :roll:

As for the favorite airline statistic, I find it quite striking to find FR as number 4 8O I guess most of those people never flew on another airline :roll: My opinion is only based on the different trip reports, since I haven't flown with FR (yet) .

Regards
Chris
8)

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Avro wrote:As for the favorite airline statistic, I find it quite striking to find FR as number 4 8O I guess most of those people never flew on another airline :roll: My opinion is only based on the different trip reports, since I haven't flown with FR (yet) .

Regards
Chris
8)
Ryanair is the carrier people love to hate... :wink:

Regards

BeN :idea:

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Avro wrote:
sn26567 wrote: But why do so many people hate Singapore Airlines?
You're talking the words out of my mouth. ;)
I really don't understand why SIA would be hated that much :roll: Regards
Chris 8)
"I really don't understand why" you say Chris, that might well be the reason why. The people who voted "know why".
You might as well know that SQ has shares in quite some other airlines, not in the least in Virgin Atlantic.
SQ is a predator (the definition of that is: someone who tries to use an other person's weakness to get advantages).
The first victims are its own staff. Next are its competitors staff.
It called its low cost subsidiary: Tiger, the predator by excellence!
SQ has a huge image problem, which imho will need a refurbishment soon.
Nothing to do with Sars, other Asian airlines were more victim to that outbreak, as there are Cathay, Macau and many other airlines. SQ is a mainly chinese airline too - Singaporians are sometimes called the Germans of Asia, and lack all sense of humour as well. Their political system perspires into their business. And Belgians appreciate democracy.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

The LowCost TigerAirlines, a subsidary of Singapore, is an FR-copy, the even asked the founder of FR to start it up!
(some people do like FR :wink: )

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

LoBoTiC wrote:The LowCost TigerAirlines, a subsidary of Singapore, is an FR-copy, the even asked the founder of FR to start it up! (some people do like FR :wink: )
Some don't:
Most hated airline brands in Belgium:
1. Ryanair............................15.6%
2. Singapore Airlines............12.3%

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Thanks for those very interseting statistics OO-VEX :!:

I'm surprised that Thomas Cook is more appreciated than SNBA, because that means that more people know about TC than SN. 8O
But the public that voted for each airline as you mentioned them, seems to completely correspondwith each airlines image/position on the market. SN is a business airline and TC is a leisure/holiday brand (prehaps because TC is a leisure brand it is more appreciated because it makes people think of holidays, which usually are good times :wink:)

ciao,
TriStar :confused: