Ethiopian moves cargo flights from Brussels to Maastricht. And back!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Re: Ethiopian moves cargo flights from Brussels to Maastricht. And back?

Post by RoMax »

Acid-drop wrote:they do press release for wishful thinking now ?
Of course they are working on it, probably as hard as the Dutch ...

Before making such statements, read the actual press release. Just like every month they announced their traffic results and just like every month they give some context on these results. They added one short sentence to explain that they restarted negotiations with Ethiopian. That's not wishful thinking, that's explaining what's going on.
http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/mediaroom/news/69355/

We know you are a big supporter of LGG, and despite you being a moderator I don't expect you to be neutral in all of your comments, but please keep away from such sensational statements.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Stij wrote:Off topic for Ethiopian, but relevant for the article...

On the tune of "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys...

A West, We really need it now
A West, Come on let's built the thing
A West, Busses we don't want
A West, Shops we have enough

Stij
Pier A West will be needed and it will be built some day, but just as a general comment, don't expect a sensible airport of respectable size to do fully away with bussing gates/stands. Except when it operates without major peaks (creating a constant need for most/all contact gates throughout most of the day) and/or overdesigned (possibly intentionally).
Of course airports have targets and depending on the service level these are higher or lower. Just like any airport BRU assesses when it will no longer be able to meet the targets and as such additional contact gates are needed.

I assume it will not take that long before we hear something about A Pier West again.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Pier A West is a European tender and it is started already like I announced it a couple of months ago.
But bcs it's a European tender, it takes some time. But don't worry, it will be there :)

Pier A West is indeed needed as this terminal is becoming very busy.
Pier B will become less crowded at the end of this month when Jet Airways will leave BRU. This will be very visible. So 4 gates will become available.

About the busses. That's whishful thinking to not have them, you simply can't without them. Each airport is using extra mobility (busses, airport train, etc) to move pax much more quicker.

Also for the busses is a new European tender as they will be all renewed and replaced.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Back to topic...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lumumba wrote:Back to topic...
ET Cargo returns to Belgium, exits Maastricht

Last November, Ethiopian Cargo decided to terminate serving Brussels and Liege, relocating all flights to nearby Maastricht in The Netherlands. However, Maastricht’s joy lasted only five months. Now the Ethiopian carrier pushed the reset button and decided to return all operations to Belgium, sources close to the issue confirmed exclusively to CargoForwarder Global. The step comes as no big surprise to market observers. It will be announced officially tomorrow (14th March).

Full story in Cargo Forwarder: http://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2016/03/13 ... aastricht/
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

12 flights per week.

So Africa for LGG and Asia for BRU. Different type of cargo ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Wonderful news to get them back at BRU! :D
Acid-drop wrote:12 flights per week.

So Africa for LGG and Asia for BRU. Different type of cargo ?
Someone told me the ops of Ethiopian Cargo at BRU were (fully? / in part?) related to the DHL hub.
Can someone here confirm or correct this story :?: ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:ET Cargo returns to Belgium, exits Maastricht

It will be announced officially tomorrow (14th March).
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/ethiopi ... -26-march/
André
ex Sabena #26567

BRU

Post by BRU »

Not linked to the DHL Hub, but it is correct that DHL Global Forwarder was and is a big customer of Ethiopian. In the past, under the charter agreement, the flights ex BRU were operated under a charter agreement where only DHL GF could load their cargo on the flights. Today, with the new bilateral, they can operate these flights on a scheduled basis and everybody can load their cargo. So Ethiopian becomes less depending on DHL Global Forwarder.

Acid-drop

Re: Ethiopian moves cargo flights from Brussels to Maastricht. And back!

Post by Acid-drop »

Ethiopian Airlines Cargo is planning to more than double the number of flights a week out of Brussels Airport compared against last year.
That's maybe the biggest news !

If it's not DHL goods, then the type of trafic must be quite different from the one in LGG I guess.
Are we even sure those planes are full when going east ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

If it is anything like before they left BRU, they will be full on arrival and departure.

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Good news for Brussels Airport & Liege Airport!

Best regards,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It seems LGG expect 6 to 8 flights per week.
(not the 10 to 12 mentioned by cargoforwarder)

BRU

Post by BRU »

Reading comments from LGG they are talking about 6 to 8 flights extra. Seen the fact not all flights moved from LGG to MST (this was wrong in the artikel of cargoforwarder) but they still kept some flights, do think the number for LGG will be around the number mentioned.