Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2014-2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:General strike in Greece all day Thursday may impact all flights to/from Greek airports.
Ryanair has cancelled following flights on 27 Nov:
FR1196 Athens Airport Charleroi
FR1197 Charleroi Athens Airport
FR6446 Charleroi Thessaloniki
FR6447 Thessaloniki Charleroi

...and rescheduled following flights on 28 Nov:
FR644 Brussels Charleroi Thessaloniki 08:00 11:50
FR645 Thessaloniki Brussels Charleroi 12:15 14:15
FR196 Athens Brussels Charleroi 19:35 21:45
FR197 Brussels Charleroi Athens 15:00 19:10
André
ex Sabena #26567

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Friday December 12th the Police will strike from 7am to 8:30am.
Will this affect non-Schengen arrivals and departures at our airports?
Will USA flights need to land in neighbouring countries for example.
Or will passengers queue at immigration until 8:30?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The "strike" of the police will consist of working to the rules, thus considerably slowing the passengers, and will have no influence on air traffic (except that some flights might be delayed until all passengers have boarded).
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:General strike in Greece all day Thursday may impact all flights to/from Greek airports.
As a result of the industrial action of Air Traffic Control Personnel participating in General strike proclaimed by the Supreme Administration of Greek Civil Servants Trade Union (ADEDY) on November 27th 2014, AEGEAN is being forced to cancel 65 international and 97 domestic flight sectors on its network, which were due to operate on Thursday, November 27th, 2014. In addition Olympic Air is being forced to cancel all flights on its network on Thursday, November 27th 2014. AEGEAN is being also forced to reschedule 7 international and 5 domestic flight sectors which were due to operate on Thursday November 27 and 2 scheduled flight sectors (1 international and 1 domestic) which were due to operate on Wednesday, November 26th, 2014.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Lufthansa : the Vereinigung Cockpit union said Sunday that the strike will begin on short- and medium-haul services at noon local time (1100 GMT) Monday, and be extended to long-haul and cargo flights from 0300 (0200 GMT) Tuesday. The walk-out is due to end Wednesday.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... ember-2nd/

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... e-27259197
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Tomorrow Monday 1 December, Liège airport is likely to be completely closed, as the unions have decided to block access to the airport.

TAP cabin crew have decided to strike on Tuesday, 2 December.
André
ex Sabena #26567

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

OO-TSA B77L TAY13 landed 00.36 from ATL
EC-LMR B463 TAY289S Dep. 00.45 BRQ
OY-JTJ B733 TAY037F Dep. 01.13 VIE
OO-JAD B738 JAF7458 Arr. 01.18 NBE
Airport is open (so far...)

Stij

Post by Stij »

Apparently access is blocked since 6:00 this morning...

Unions... so predictable... the effect of their strike becomes close to zero...

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The strike is 100% successful: people are prevented from working !
André
ex Sabena #26567

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

TNT and other cargo companies did their job during night shift.The deck was empty when Marx and Lenine installed B-O-Q, Sausages, Jupiler and baby-foot. It was a successful action. :o

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/m ... etail.aspx

Social actions in Belgium on 8 and 15 December 2014 may cause flight disruptions.

Last update: 01 December 16h00

The national trade unions in Belgium have called for a general strike across various industries on 8 and 15 December. Brussels Airlines is preparing to absorb the impact of the work stoppages as much as possible, but we cannot exclude disruptions. In order to minimize the inconveniences for our passengers, we have decided to adapt our European flight program on 8 and 15 December. You can find an overview of the cancelled flights below. We currently anticipate no impact on our longhaul flights. We sincerely regret the inconveniences caused by these social actions.

Practical info to travel on 08/12 and 15/12

We strongly recommend to:
- travel with hand luggage only, since baggage handling might be impacted by the strike. If you do decide to travel with checked luggage, please make sure there's a name tag on the bag so it's easy to identify.
- make sure you come to the airport early, since there will be more traffic than usual and the public transport might be disrupted. Please also take into account that the waiting times at airport security might be longer than usual.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

airazurxtror wrote:http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/m ... etail.aspx

Social actions in Belgium on 8 and 15 December 2014 may cause flight disruptions.

Last update: 01 December 16h00

The national trade unions in Belgium have called for a general strike across various industries on 8 and 15 December. Brussels Airlines is preparing to absorb the impact of the work stoppages as much as possible, but we cannot exclude disruptions. In order to minimize the inconveniences for our passengers, we have decided to adapt our European flight program on 8 and 15 December. You can find an overview of the cancelled flights below. We currently anticipate no impact on our longhaul flights. We sincerely regret the inconveniences caused by these social actions.

Practical info to travel on 08/12 and 15/12

We strongly recommend to:
- travel with hand luggage only, since baggage handling might be impacted by the strike. If you do decide to travel with checked luggage, please make sure there's a name tag on the bag so it's easy to identify.
- make sure you come to the airport early, since there will be more traffic than usual and the public transport might be disrupted. Please also take into account that the waiting times at airport security might be longer than usual.
Or: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... rike-days/ ;-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

News release from bmi Regional:

Due to ongoing strike action in Belgium on Monday 8th and 15th December, bmi regional flights could be affected on both dates. In order to offer travel alternatives to our customers, we’re happy to accommodate flight changes free of charge for passengers travelling on either 8th or 15th December with bmi regional from East Midlands Airport and Newcastle to/from Brussels. We would like to point out that at this stage flights on both dates are not cancelled, but should you prefer not to travel on 8th or 15th December, we offer you the possibility to rebook to an earlier or later date at no additional charge*.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Only 24 hours after their latest strike, Lufthansa pilots do it again:

Strike by pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit from 03:00 to 23.59 on December 4th
The pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit has announced a strike for Lufthansa intercontinental flights departing between 03:00 CET and 23.59 CET on December 4th. During the strike period disruptions of Lufthansa long-haul flights are expected. Lufthansa is currently working intensely on a special timetable for the strike period, which will be published as soon as possible. All Lufthansa short and medium – haul flights as well as flights operated by the Lufthansa Group airlines Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Germanwings, SWISS and Air Dolomiti (operated by OS, SN, 4U, LX, EN) will not be affected.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

A strike will impact Brussels on Monday the 8th and the 15th of December. All activity sectors are concerned.
STIB/MIVB metro, tram and bus lines will inevitably be heavily disrupted on both days.

Meaning probably few or no buses to the airport on these days.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I have to fly monday 8...
I wonder if its possible...
Being late isnt a issue but i'm afraid alitalia would cancel the flight.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Acid-drop wrote:I have to fly monday 8...
I wonder if its possible...
Being late isnt a issue but i'm afraid alitalia would cancel the flight.
Can't you change your flight to Sunday?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

indeed, changes are free of charge... for the ticket.
but I have to pay one more hotel night... + meals + i lose my sunday.
I may just take my chance at the airport ... how bad can it be ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Fly FR from CRL?
Or AZ from AMS?

Cheers,

Stij

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

the ticket is already booked, i can only change the date i think.
Asymetric routing isn't an option because i need my car :)
Can it be that i try monday anyway and if it doesn't work I can try again tuesday morning ?