Emirates to Brussels?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Air Key West

Re: Emirates to Brussels?

Post by Air Key West »

regi wrote:An average price level to sit 10 abreast
I fully agree with you. As I wrote earlier, I don't understand Emirates' success. They are not particularly cheap and not a fantastic airline either (from what I hear from people/colleagues who have flown with them).
But they have a very efficient hub.
In favor of quality air travel.

Philippepompier

Post by Philippepompier »

They don't have to pay taxes in dubai !!!!!!

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Emirates fares from Brussels are very expensive. EK flights from AMS are much cheaper. :roll:

Thomaaas

Post by Thomaaas »

Well, at BRU Emirates is the only airline flying to Dubai, at AMS they have competition from Arkefly and KLM who also fly to Dubai.

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Connections offers now low Emirates fares from Brussels. (November) Around 535 EUR.

LJ

Post by LJ »

b720 wrote:I think that JET Airways will feel it in their loads to India..
I think that QR and EY will f eel it more....

Anyway, it seems that BRU has won from AMS in getting pax service from all three ME3 airlines.

cnc

Post by cnc »

i like the city of dubai! best place in the world for car lovers and i had good flights with EK in the past. atleast not under the level you will find on LH, UA, SN, ...

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

Well I am looking to book my next trip BKK to Belgium late august/early September but before 5 sept when Emirates starts flying to Brussels, returning early October.
Checking Etihad and Qatar approx 1.000 euro.
I could fly Emirates to AMS and return ex BRU for 863 euro, stupid for the extra trip AMS-BRU, but considering saving money. I also see tier miles with EK is only 3000 one way...

VAA

Post by VAA »

Yes, like many other airlines, when you book a saver/promo fare, you receive only 50% of the tier points ;) If you want 100%, you can do a specific search on their website by logging in.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

air belgium wrote:Connections offers now low Emirates fares from Brussels. (November) Around 535 EUR.
Not that I want all for peanuts, but considering what can be found with competitors (granted, not direct), that's not what I call low ! I'm flying next week with LX and it cost me less than 400€...

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

You should at least compare prices in the same season.
Tot hier en verder

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

VAA wrote:Yes, like many other airlines, when you book a saver/promo fare, you receive only 50% of the tier points ;) If you want 100%, you can do a specific search on their website by logging in.
Tier miles is a consideration however.
If I need to pay around 1k euro with EK to earn 100% tier miles I will stick with EY where I have status and keep it. Y always get 100% tier miles with EY.

capetown

Post by capetown »

thalenoi wrote:Well I am looking to book my next trip BKK to Belgium late august/early September but before 5 sept when Emirates starts flying to Brussels, returning early October.
I could fly Emirates to AMS and return ex BRU for 863 euro, stupid for the extra trip AMS-BRU, but considering saving money. I also see tier miles with EK is only 3000 one way...
Off topic but nevertheless worthwile mentioning : I just booked a return trip for me and my wife in business with QR : they currently have the "companion offer", meaning that if you travel w/ 2 pax, you have an impressive discount. I ended up paying 2839 EUR for 2 pax (or 1420 EUR per person) (flights ex-BRU on the Dreamliner and the smoothest connection possible in DOH onwards to BKK). Outbound 17 Aug, Inbound 1 Sep... Worth considering for that 400 EUR extra (although I am not sure whether this offer also applies when booking from Thailand). :? Cheerz,
Capetown

regi

Post by regi »

capetown wrote:
thalenoi wrote:Well I am looking to book my next trip BKK to Belgium late august/early September but before 5 sept when Emirates starts flying to Brussels, returning early October.
Off topic but nevertheless worthwile mentioning : I just booked a return trip for me and my wife in business with QR : they currently have the "companion offer", meaning that if you travel w/ 2 pax, you have an impressive discount. I ended up paying 2839 EUR for 2 pax (or 1420 EUR per person) (flights ex-BRU on the Dreamliner and the smoothest connection possible in DOH onwards to BKK). Outbound 17 Aug, Inbound 1 Sep... Worth considering for that 400 EUR extra (although I am not sure whether this offer also applies when booking from Thailand). :? Cheerz,
Capetown
Which is a very wise decision indeed - if you can afford this.
The extra luggage allowance is already worth some money.
Well done ;)
( and another example how the targeted airlines try to defend themselves against the Emirates aggression )

chineseboy

Post by chineseboy »

Already 19 people have booked on the inaugural flight from BRU-DXB on the 5th of september

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

Capetown,

I saw that QR biz class promotion 2x, but I travel alone.
Fantastic deal at 1420, also flying B787 out of BRU, I am happy for you....
Flew EY C class until today (am in Belgium this month), never paid more than 2000 euro.
EK to AMS and BRU later sept is +-2100 euro, 2000+ is getting too expensive for me.
Afraid I will fly cattle class for the foreseeable future :o