SN launches new website

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ExSabena

Re: SN launches new website.

Post by ExSabena »

Translation in french are really terrible : "Envoyer un mail..." in stead of "Envoyez un mail ...." ! And this is a single exemple ... NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

It does indeed looks like a French translation , and far from a perfect one.
Is there really nobody at Brussels Airlines whose mother tongue is french ?
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

hi exsabena. I don't see anything wrong with "envoyer un mail". Out of context of course.
But indeed, just browsing for a minute and I noticed: "sans doute vous y trouverez..." instead of "sans doute y trouverez-vous"

Otherwise, I find the website globally nice to browse.
I didn't seem to have the same issues with 'wrong certificates', stopping me from looking up destinations, like I (and others I know) still had until a week ago.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

A good one on the new site :

Brussels Airlines engage sa responsabilité d’exercer son activité de manière durable.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

As there seem to be so many willing participants, it might be a good idea for SN to post the new content here via a link for correction by forum members.
In the mean time they achieve the thing that is the hardest too do through advertisement: engaging the public.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

tolipanebas wrote: BTW- since you like correct phraseology, did you ever try to read ryanair's website in Dutch?
It's full of language errors like: "Als u denkt dat (...) dan heeft u het niet goed gedaan", right on their first page even. :lol:
I don't see the relevance as to why you compare your own website with FR. To start, dutch is not an official language in Ireland, while french is in Belgium. :roll:

travellover

Re: SN launches new website

Post by travellover »

There are in a general way many professional translators around the European institutions in Belgium, or highly skilled languages ​​teachers.
Cheers

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

flightlover wrote:As there seem to be so many willing participants, it might be a good idea for SN to post the new content here via a link for correction by forum members.
Why should we do the work of b.air or b.air's contractors ? Anyway, it seems b.air either reads luchtzak or they had so many criticisms that they have now taken away whole parts of the partially new website to do the work they should have done before going public : PROOF-READING. Gustin is surrounded by amateur administrative staff.
flightlover wrote:In the mean time they achieve the thing that is the hardest too do through advertisement: engaging the public
What do you mean ?
In favor of quality air travel.

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

Fantastic, trying to book a return flight BRU-YUL, selecting flights and showing price I get this:
There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
Trying different dates, different prices, same result.

I see there is a good deal (615 euro) on KLM's website same dates, OK via AMS then, some more hours under way, but do I have a choice?

I want to book today....

b720

Post by b720 »

SN doesn't t fly to YUL
Book on air Canada

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

thalenoi wrote:Fantastic, trying to book a return flight BRU-YUL, selecting flights and showing price I get this:
There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
Trying different dates, different prices, same result.
If you have Twitter, send them a complaint (@FlyingBrussels) : they reply rather quickly.
André
ex Sabena #26567

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

b720 wrote:SN doesn't t fly to YUL
Book on air Canada
I know, thank you, code share, different prices/days versus AC.
Seems SN website has problems with AC booking system: AC has no seats available on my choices of dates, am trying to be flexible within one week, half September departure.
LH bloody expensive, AC via some other airport, Swiss via Zurich only 2 dates available.
Air Transat not recommended by friends.

So far have open possibilities on BA; but AF with Thalis to CDG better timing and better price, but hate to shift my luggage in out train, shuttle etc.

Will check connections.be now

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

thalenoi wrote:
b720 wrote:SN doesn't t fly to YUL
Book on air Canada
I know, thank you, code share, different prices/days versus AC.
Seems SN website has problems with AC booking system: AC has no seats available on my choices of dates, am trying to be flexible within one week, half September departure.
LH bloody expensive, AC via some other airport, Swiss via Zurich only 2 dates available.
Air Transat not recommended by friends.

So far have open possibilities on BA; but AF with Thalis to CDG better timing and better price, but hate to shift my luggage in out train, shuttle etc.

Will check connections.be now
I just had a look for a flight to YUL in November (I don't know when you want to fly) and it was working for me...637 Euro though

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

OO-ITR,

See above: half September....

Anyway, booked Swiss at 613 euro, exactly on my chosen dates, no shuffle with luggage on trains, other dates more expensive. So I am happy but loosing 3 hours each way re Zurich versus BRU-YUL.

Now my next problem is to find a reasonable fare on BKK-BRU, but nothing to do with SN website problem....still have 3 months to go...;

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

thalenoi wrote: Now my next problem is to find a reasonable fare on BKK-BRU, but nothing to do with SN website problem....still have 3 months to go...;
I paid +- 620 euros for BKK - MAD with TG at the TG ticketing desk at BKK airport 2 hours before departure.
Fare to BRU was the same but flight was full.
Fares on EY/QR/EK are similar.
Best regards,

Airbuske

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

620 euro for BKK-MAD-BKK at Suvarnabhumi TG desk?
Not taking such risks....
For late aug early sept travel TG 46K, QR 42K, EY 45K. That's 1000 euros.
I am in BRU right now on a biz EY ticket, paid 82K, no more such deals available.
I have status with EY and TG, same price will fly EY, need to get my gold status back
Also see EK beginning to fly to BRU 5 sept, 32K in Y with poor tier mileage (3k) and 92K in J. (15k m)

Re promotions: see prom KLM to YUL bottom this page starting 710 euro, rubbish since I just paid 613 euro on Swiss....or 584 with AF + Thalis.

azingrew

Post by azingrew »

off topic
Air Transat not recommended by friends

Why?? I sold dozens of A.T. tickets over the years, never had a complaint. Booked a group of 8 regulars from Bru and 4 from MRS for this year Canadian Formula 1 GP for less than 500 € each. Very unfair remark I'd say.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

azingrew wrote:off topic
Air Transat not recommended by friends

Why?? I sold dozens of A.T. tickets over the years, never had a complaint. Booked a group of 8 regulars from Bru and 4 from MRS for this year Canadian Formula 1 GP for less than 500 € each. Very unfair remark I'd say.
Yeah, I flew with them a couple of times and never had any problem.
I found them nice and friendly actually, even much nicer than AF...

I once got a ticket for approx 350€ with them at the end of the season!