Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is missing

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

regi

Re: Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has crashed into Indian O

Post by regi »

regi wrote: Malaysia will be the culprit. Muslims, suicide, gambling debts, divorce... whatever.
Voilà: China postpones a panda journey towards Malaysia.
http://www.vandaag.be/buitenland/149164 ... oeing.html

Btw, nobody is really looking to hurt Malaysia, that is a distraction.
The target is China. China has been shown that it must invest enormous amounts of cash to upgrade its entire air/space defence, coverage. Keeps them busy for the next decades.
Why? To make it clear that they would not make irresponsable steps to consider themselves master of the Pacific ( conquest of Taiwan) and South-Chinese Sea ( with those oil rich islands )
No, China can not block the street of Malaysia, cannot block transport routes towards Japan and Korea. It cannot invade Taiwan.
It is better to show their weakness now, before they would overplay their hand in a kind of new Pearl Harbour.

I have patience, and I don't mind that my silly posts will be laught at within some time.
Untill then, this is just a theory among many that can not be denied.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

An oil slick has been discovered in the search area. Australia will analyse the oil to determine whether it comes from flight MH370.

In addition, a robotic underwater vehicle Bluefin 21 - an almost 5m-long underwater autonomous vehicle that can create a sonar map of the sea floor - is being deployed from the Australian Defence vessel Ocean Shield to examine the sea floor in that area.
André
ex Sabena #26567

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

The first attempt of the bluefin underwater probe were aborted early as the probe levelled of 4400m under the surface and was unable to make a satisfactory scan of the oceanbed. The ocean floor seems to be deeper than documented and bluefin had to resurface for reprogamming. Second attempt is launched.

Source: CNN

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Bluefin 21 mini-submarine operating at a depth of more than 4,000m has so far found nothing after six missions.

The submersible has an operating depth of 4,500m and on its first mission a built-in safety device returned it to the surface after it exceeded that depth. The authorities have now adjusted the device to allow it to go as deep as 4,695m.

The search area for the missing MH370 plane has narrowed and will be at "a critical juncture" in the next two days, says Malaysia's acting transport minister Hishammuddin Hussein.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Searching at sea remains hell of a task. Only one month after the crash, Spain was able to localize the wreckage of the helicopter that crashed on 19th March, 55kms near Fuerteventura, killing four of the five occupants.

http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20140420/lo ... 2980.shtml

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/960/Buitenland ... nden.dhtml

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Still no sign of MH370 and cyclone Jack is set to hit.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/catego ... et-to-hit/
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

regi

Post by regi »

euh...
now they come up with the possebility that the airplane could have landed somewhere. So it is out of the conspiracy theories' box and into the open. ( this goes around allready from the beginning )

Reason: if we put all facts together, there is 1 big missing link: debris.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

This is a list of aircraft, aviators or air passengers who have disappeared in flight for reasons that have never been definitely determined, particularly in cases where the air frame of the aircraft or body of the person has never been recovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ae ... ppearances

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

regi wrote:If we put all facts together, there is 1 big missing link: debris.
Exactly what has been bothering me for quite some time now...
Thomas

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

If you see the flight track, Mh 370 seemed to avoid overflying Sumatra, and later heading East again.
Is there any proove that this track Is Correct?
What If MH 370 continued on the more Westerly headed track, and set direction towards Diego Garcia?
British or Americans dont like unidentified aircrafts, heading towards (secret) airforce bases.
Maybe Just a silly remark, but worth checking out, unless they dont want to seach a few thousend miles more West, for obvious reasons?

regi

Post by regi »

luchtzak wrote:This is a list of aircraft, aviators or air passengers who have disappeared in flight for reasons that have never been definitely determined, particularly in cases where the air frame of the aircraft or body of the person has never been recovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ae ... ppearances
OK, and this list shows immediately the big difference with all those other disappearances:
it is the biggest bird, it carried most passengers. And it happened in 2014 , the age of total cyber control...or not.
( and in contrast with most other disappearances, it happened in a area with a lot of air traffic )

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

If they crashed in the water they have to found some debris?

Landing in one piece on the water and then sinking to the bottom is almost impossible.
No one has ever landed with such a large plane on the water. The Ethiopian broke in parts.
Was it already morning (daylight) when they run without fuel? What where the weather conditions with 20m waves?
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

quixoticguide wrote:Landing in one piece on the water and then sinking to the bottom is almost impossible.
I think the hudson flight quite effectively proves that statement wrong. It ditched, lost an engine in the process and started sinking to the bottom of the Hudson within hours. And that's in the middle of a crowded city. Even the Ethiopean flight you mention, did brake apart, but remained largely intact and I think we can agree that the fragments that seperated were mostly large pieces of wing or fuselage which also sunk pretty fast.
Both the above examples happened near civilisation, but MH370 is believed to have crashed 2000km from nearest land...imagine the odds of spotting a piece of floating debris that is 2.000km in an ocean. Remember that the surface is not flat or like a mirror. Large waves can easily hinder line of sight between an observer and the debris. Add to that that airborn equipment flies over the surface at about 150kts at 500feet above the surface. That means that the human eye has to scan 77m of ocean each second, for hours on end. That means that so much as blinking your eye can make you miss an important lead. That is unfortunate, but it are the limitations within which we have to work.

MH370 is undoubtedly going down the history books as the most mysterious dissappearance in aviation history.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Hey! We're (kind of) back at my 9/4/2014 idea!!! ;-)
Stij wrote:Is it possible that

- there was a decompression
- the pilots tried to divert
- they all sufficated
- they continued flying over the ocean and ran out of fuel
- they landed on the ocean "hundson style" and just sunk

In that case, no debris will ever be found...
Cheers,

Stij

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Stij wrote:Hey! We're (kind of) back at my 9/4/2014 idea!!! ;-)
Stij wrote:Is it possible that

- there was a decompression
- the pilots tried to divert
- they all sufficated
- they continued flying over the ocean and ran out of fuel
- they landed on the ocean "hundson style" and just sunk

In that case, no debris will ever be found...
Cheers,

Stij
That is indeed possible :D

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

According to CNN "objects of interest" have been found on the Australian coast about 300km south of Perth. The object seems to be riveted on one side and glass fiber coated on the other. No confirmation that is from MH370 yet.

regi

Post by regi »

Stubbornly, I stick to my point that the Chinese have shot down the airliner above Hainan.
To cover up their mistake, they plant now debris somewhere else.
Just as I predicted weeks ago.

I will only rest my conspiracy case if the real wreckage parts "en masse " will be brought ashore.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

regi wrote:Stubbornly.
Indeed. Based on what? "Just as you predicted"...so you are already claiming your truth is the truth based on nothing but thin air?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

teddybAIR wrote:According to CNN "objects of interest" have been found on the Australian coast about 300km south of Perth. The object seems to be riveted on one side and glass fiber coated on the other. No confirmation that is from MH370 yet.
Debris is not related to MH-370 - source Australian tv:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-24/a ... 70/5408286

regi

Post by regi »

teddybAIR wrote:
regi wrote:Stubbornly.
Indeed. Based on what? "Just as you predicted"...so you are already claiming your truth is the truth based on nothing but thin air?
yes, I confess, very thin air indeed.
Truth...hm... let us say that I launched this as a slight provocation. The sad thing is that my rather ludicrous conspiracy theory has not yet been whiped off the the table by lack of any kind of other evidence.

The debris found in Australia turns out to be not from this airplane.
So a stubborn person could claim that all of this is to drag their feet, to buy time.

Money:
take a step away from the day to day flux of useless information and look at the broader picture. It shows that all those involved nations have no capabilities for prolonged deep sea missions, no sufficient aerial reconnaisance equipment, no capable satellite coverage and so on.
Malaysia should conduct those search activities in the first place. But how?
Australia shows some action despite there is no real obligation or interest for them. Except to show to the rest that what they do is still 10 times more than all the rest together.
Is that not a huge market? Patrol airplanes, deep sea vessels , satellites , yummy yummy for the companies involved.
And the impact on civil aviation: where will this lead us to, to accept that every airplane must be equiped with a active transponder, tracker ?