brussels airlines to New York!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

HighInTheSky

Re: brussels airlines to New York!

Post by HighInTheSky »

HighInTheSky wrote:
ExSabena wrote:Following Brussels Airlines ground staff this morning, it seems the aircraft foreseen to perform the first flight has a technical problem ...
I doubt it, OO-SFM is about to land in DLA at the moment...
I stand corrected, SFM had some troubles with the IFE and was replaced by SFW on the 1st flight to JFK. Today SFM is on the BRU-JFK-BRU run.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: The uniform has been designed by xandres ( http://www.xandres.be), an established belgian fashion house. But even if it would have been designed by Ralph Lauren or Louis Vuitton, we would read the same remarks here. Because it's Brussels Airlines.
I have passed it to the person whose opinion I have given above; she thanks you for the information.
Incidentally, she holds that Lauren is not much more trendy than Xandres; Vuitton being more so since they have hired Marc Jacobs. And, if she interested in fashion, she does not care about airlines, be it Brussels Airlines or whatever.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

airazurxtror wrote:I have passed it to the person whose opinion I have given above; she thanks you for the information.
Just so we know: how many persons are actually living in your head? :lol:

Back to topic:
Bralo20 posted a very extensive trip report about his journey on SN501, BRU-JFK.
http://luchtzak.be/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47531

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

tolipanebas wrote: Just so we know: how many persons are actually living in your head?
Not a very bright remark - typically "tolipanebas" ... :lol:

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

airazurxtror wrote:
tolipanebas wrote: Just so we know: how many persons are actually living in your head?
Not a very bright remark - typically "tolipanebas" ... :lol:
Hey, I am working for SN, so I must be extremely stupid by definition, right? :roll:

What's typically you? Alter ego's? :D

lindahabana

Post by lindahabana »

Guys, I don't know you...but these comments deserve those who are exchanged in a nursery school!
"It is not me, it is him!"
I suggest to have a slightly more serene, objective attitude and without childish ulterior motive.
Thx a lot and good new comments about the topic.

Yuri166

Post by Yuri166 »

lindahabana wrote:Guys, I don't know you...but these comments deserve those who are exchanged in a nursery school!
"It is not me, it is him!"
I suggest to have a slightly more serene, objective attitude and without childish ulterior motive.
Thx a lot and good new comments about the topic.
+1

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

JFK is showing the way:

(source: http://instagr.am/p/LbAhiWw5H0/)

Sabena logo on departures-screen.

Another sign for the SN management and/or (future) owners: bring back the Sabena brand! :mrgreen:

regi

Post by regi »

Thank you for the elaborate, detailed and interesting report.
I started with a reaction on a uncomprehensible reaction of a certain member. But I suddenly realised that I wrote in the past that the best way to handle his uncomprehensible postings, is by ignoting them. Hereby: IGNORED.

Again to Bralo: thank you, your effort is fine, and please, don't let yourself be drawn in the big black hole of that certain member. Don't react on it, ignore it.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Are the new uniforms only used on the New York flights, or also on all the other routes?

Regards,

Duke

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Boavida wrote:JFK is showing the way:

Another sign for the SN management and/or (future) owners: bring back the Sabena brand! :mrgreen:
They explain the mistake themselves: Unattended at any time :lol:

WC_EEND

Post by WC_EEND »

Boavida wrote:JFK is showing the way:

I'd love to see that happen. Even just painting a plane in the old (1970s) Sabena livery would be nice.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I agrre, but I'm afraid that it will not happen. However, just as Swissair became Swiss, Sabena which once was called, if my memory serves me right, Sabena World Airlines, the new name could have been Sabena European Airlines. I also like the retro liveries of the 1960's or '70. But that's a question of personal taste. However, he brand "Sabena" is still very much alive, not only in Africa, also in NYC apparently.
In favor of quality air travel.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I've seen this more than once, this is of course caused by the SN IATA code. Has been reported to Brussels Airlines and will hopefully soon be updated because this looks quite stupid tbh.
Tot hier en verder

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Duke wrote:Are the new uniforms only used on the New York flights, or also on all the other routes?
50 CCM's have the uniform and they will be spread over the whole network. So not only on the JFK flight.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I think you just had some serious bad luck at JFK, Bralo. The last time I was there, immigration didn't take me longer than half an hour. Or maybe I was just really lucky. ;-)
Thomas

fcw

Post by fcw »

Waiting times at passport control vary a lot from terminal to terminal.
Terminal 1 is a nightmare in the early afternoon.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

fcw wrote:Waiting times at passport control vary a lot from terminal to terminal.
Terminal 1 is a nightmare in the early afternoon.
ALL terminals with lots of international arrivals have long waiting times during peak hours in the USA, and since JFK is the main gateway to the US on its eastern coast, it is most noticeable there...

Don't expect to clear immigration in under 1,5 hours in MIA or LAX either when you arrive there during rush hour, believe me...the US border officers seem to think they absolutely need to spend/waste several minutes per visitor prior to putting their entry stamp in the passport or they risk being seen as too laid back and since only foreigners are having to cope with the long lines, it isn't exactly a priority of the US government to hire more staff to speed things up either.

Always amused to see Americans at work complain about immigration procedures and the delay they sometimes face when entering Belgium: 20 minutes! ROTFL! You should see their face when being told that's nothing compared to what visitors to the USA have to endure.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sdbelgium wrote:
Duke wrote:Are the new uniforms only used on the New York flights, or also on all the other routes?
50 CCM's have the uniform and they will be spread over the whole network. So not only on the JFK flight.
100 ccm's have the new uniform and all the male ccm have the new tie already after 6 months all the ccm's can choose to have the new one as well ...
Citybird
The flying dream

convair

Post by convair »

According to flightradar24, OO-SFV is doing JFK today! This a/c merely stayed 2 weeks in Malta; was it for cabin retrofit? The other 2 a/c stayed in Malta for 6-7 weeks for the retrofit...
Does an "insider" have an explanation for this? Thanks.