Jetairfly expands its long haul network

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

cathay belgium

Re: Jetairfly expands its long haul network

Post by cathay belgium »

HURRAY , BRUBIAC,

So there was no discussion needed, SLR indeed needed stops !!!
I was just on a NOT LUCKY flight as, as an aviation enthousiast I hoped even on 2 stops !

THX for clearing this up for us all !!!

Cx-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

regi

Post by regi »

If Jetairfly starts direct flights between Brussels and Bangkok, it will be the only non-stop flight since a very long time.
Or will they do a sort of triangle? Am I right this was the case in the days of Sobelair? Brussels-Phuket-Bangkok-Brussels ?

I am happy for Cathay Belgium that he had a non stop flight ( and if he says so, I believe him ). Friends told me that they disliked to have a stop on the return flight to Brussels.

Long non stop flights with B767: Nationwide did it between Cape Town and Gatwick. And Lauda Air between the same Bangkok and Vienna ( yes, right, that is not yet Brussels :roll: )
And Aerosvit does a 10h30 flight between Kiev and New York.

I bet that the B767 addicts will be able to add some longer flights. ( should we consider Smokejumper as a B767 lover ? ;) :) )

zwark

Post by zwark »

Hi,

Not that I consider myself as a B767 addict... :) but I did BRU-LAX non-stop whcich was about 12:00h I guess back in 1999 with CityBird (on OO-CTR).

Grz.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

HKT-BRU nonstop on a B767-300ER with full load is on the edge. And you better have the right engine option as well (not RR for instance, I think PW does the kill). Winglets shave a few percent off consumption and so add a few percent range which should do the trick most of the time.

Hell, even SN had sometimes trouble making it nonstop from NRT to BRU with the mighty B747-300 in its years.

Nowadays an A330-200 can do this kind of trip without a blink, a good option as long as the B787 keeps us waiting, but more pricey than a good old 767 (although they aren't that many B767-300ER's not in service yet).

Not how the human mind works here by the way. There is a fuel saving (green ideal) but actually it will be used to the full so the net benefit for the environment is... null! Hope that solar flying wing soon give us some solar powered B787 sized-aircraft. I guess the next thing we're looking at should be a hybrid aircraft. Fuel powered for take-off, hybrid and solar in cruise and for landing (maybe fuel power should be active just in case). I'm veering off topic.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

zwark wrote:Hi,

Not that I consider myself as a B767 addict... :) but I did BRU-LAX non-stop whcich was about 12:00h I guess back in 1999 with CityBird (on OO-CTR).

Grz.
I did SIN-CDG in 15hrs instead of the usual 12-13h one day, the winds on that side of the planet are really slowing you down, it's not as bad on the route to LAX I think.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote:Will XL Airways France maintain their flight to Phuket?
XL Airways announced months ago that they will stop all their flights ex-BRU and that they will concentrate all to France.

Jetairfly will anticipate in this to offer flights to Phuket, if correct (no official release by Jetairfly)

Question is: how long will we see those flights? Phuket, Male, Colombia, Goa, etc etc were in the past seasonal then year-round then again seasonal until they cancelled it again.

It seems a very difficult tasks for the Belgian touroperators to let it work. On the other hand, they loose a lot of clients to Lufthansa, Thai, Etihad and Qatar who also offer flights to those destinations.

An other question is the next one. We could read in this topic that they are thinking at Phuket, Bangkok and Mauritius. Will this mean that they are going to attract an other B767 because their current two B767 are now flying nearly on a daily base (correct me if I'm wrong in this) or are they going to reschedule their long haul timetable?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

They don't need an additional B767 I think it's just manageable with the 2 they have. Also there is a B787 coming (whenever it's ready :-) )

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Think neither they need an extra longhauler, JAP and TUC will do the job but I guess we won't see
these birds anymore on the short haul routes during summer but JAF has enough and brandnew B737's
for these destinations.

As a backup I think you can say that Arkefly will help them when they need it ...

When the 787 arrives I guess a 767 will leave the fleet,.. TUC :lol: ?

Altough with complete new interior and with the winglets maybe they can use it on midhaul destinations,
Egypt ? and some busy routes and who knows new ones ... Orlando again ?

Quite interesting to follow IMHO ..

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Plan is not to fly B787 and B767 mixed for a long time ....

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sean1982 wrote:Plan is not to fly B787 and B767 mixed for a long time ....
So, there has to be another B787 on order if JAF wants to at least maintain the current schedule? I know all planes are ordered under the Tui PLC umbrella, but I have never heard of the group identifying a second 787 for JAF...

I'd keep both 767's... Use both -JAP and -TUC for long haul flights aside the 787. They are still good for transatlantic flying and can both be used for high capacity medium haul flying. This way they could fly their own flights to Turkey for example in stead of using Freebird who's leg room is, imho, substandard, even for a charter company.

Besides, OO-JAP is fairly young and I have serious doubts anyone would pay dearly to buy and old plane like OO-TUC which also has a questionable reputation. It's better to keep them around and offer your clients a standardized service on all flights.

funki

Post by funki »

sean1982 wrote:Plan is not to fly B787 and B767 mixed for a long time ....
Would be nice, but...as stated above...never ( :cry: ) heard they initially planned more then 1 787 for JAF in 2006 when the TUI group placed their 787 order. Nobody anticipated such a rapid growth of the airline maybe at that time.
After the merger between TUI and First Choice and due to the delivery delay the cancelled half of the 787 orders and changed it into options last year I read somewhere.
If they now place an order, don't they have to wait untill like 2020 for delivery or so due to the many orders?
Or am I completely mistaken? :geek:

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Jetairfly will not fly the B767 and the B787 together for a long time. They will receive 1 B787 somewhere in 2013 and then the 2nd one will all depend on the co-operation with Thomas Cook (and on the flight schedule at that time). If it stays the way it is at the moment, there are very high chances JAF will fly two B787's.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

And funki you are right, thanks to the merge with First Choice, TUI will receive some of its B787's earlier.

cnc

Post by cnc »

Conti764 wrote: Besides, OO-JAP is fairly young and I have serious doubts anyone would pay dearly to buy and old plane like OO-TUC which also has a questionable reputation. It's better to keep them around and offer your clients a standardized service on all flights.
you can't sell planes you don't own ;)

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

cnc wrote:
Conti764 wrote: Besides, OO-JAP is fairly young and I have serious doubts anyone would pay dearly to buy and old plane like OO-TUC which also has a questionable reputation. It's better to keep them around and offer your clients a standardized service on all flights.
you can't sell planes you don't own ;)
I thought they owned it... I always look at airfleets.net and I thought that leased aircraft have a remark (leased from...).

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

On the Facebook Page of JAF
Primeur! Jetairfly vliegt vanaf de herfstvakantie rechtstreeks naar Phuket en Bangkok! | Scoop! Jetairfly will offer direct flights to Phuket and Bangkok as from November 2011! | Nouveau! Jetairfly offrira des vols directs vers Phuket et Bangkok à partir de November 2011!

cnc

Post by cnc »

Conti764 wrote: I thought they owned it... I always look at airfleets.net and I thought that leased aircraft have a remark (leased from...).
i think the owner is still WTC

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Directly from Jetairfly on twitter this afternoon:

Scoop! Jetairfly will offer direct flights to Phuket and Bangkok as from November 2011!
André
ex Sabena #26567