Besides Aviapartner & Flightcare, a 3th handler at BRU ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

After Aviapartner & Flightcare, a 3th handler at BRU airport ?

yes
15%
no
84%
don't care
1%

Total votes: 643

Flybe

Re: Besides Aviapartner & Flightcare, a 3th handler at BRU ?

Post by Flybe »

Yes thats true but while i doubt it would be economical to handle only their own flights it would be if they did all the star alliance flights
Ergo, in your opinion, you need as a handler more then 50% of the market to be profitable. That would leave another 50% to be shared by the other 2 handlers. Conclusion: to have 1 profitable handler, you would have 2 loss making handlers, according to you. And this is actually better you think??

On top of that: it would be a fake "more competitive" market. Because B.AIR would never move from handler if they do self handling, and they are 40% (conservative estimate) of the BRU market. So the other handlers - knowing that they can never have that 40% - will either:

* increase their prices in an effort to become profitable with the customers they have
* lose customers to each other in a pricewar until 1 goes bancrupt, which leaves us again with... 2 handlers.

I'm still waiting for a decent explanation of anyone why a third handler would be better. At least, a well thought over explanation from someone that understands ground handling.

Cheers,

Piste 02

Post by Piste 02 »

luchtzak wrote:Somebody has been fooling around with the poll ! I made it possible that non-members could vote too with this result. Disabled it again so now only members can vote once.
Is it democratic to ban some people of this forum, the democracy is that everyone may vote for this poll, and this poll interest a lot of workers and the results are so interesting.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Piste 02 wrote:
luchtzak wrote:Somebody has been fooling around with the poll ! I made it possible that non-members could vote too with this result. Disabled it again so now only members can vote once.
Is it democratic to ban some people of this forum, the democracy is that everyone may vote for this poll, and this poll interest a lot of workers and the results are so interesting.
Nobody is banned from the forum, but to express an opinion in a poll (or in the forum itself) you should be a member and averybody can become a member. I don't see any problem with that. It is the same rule as in your bridge club or your football team.
André
ex Sabena #26567