BRU summer 2010: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Re: BRU summer 2010: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by RoMax »

Nice to see this new airline but I don't like is because of SN.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Okay, then we must confess NCB was right on this one! :cry:
SN must deploy their network in AFI before they start!
Maybe this thing can hurry up some things for SN!
CX-B

But hell, as even LH is going more lowcost direction :evil: , no positive news
can be expected!
New types flown 2022.. A339

134flyer

Post by 134flyer »

cathay belgium wrote:Okay, then we must confess NCB was right on this one! :cry:
SN must deploy their network in AFI before they start!
Maybe this thing can hurry up some things for SN!
Confess what?
Did Senegal AL order 20 A320 or 737? No!
Will they fly to Europe with A320? Apparently not, at least not to CDG/ORY, BRU and/or MXP!
Is SN deploying their network/hurrying things up? Apparently yes, as they are looking for a 5th A330 to strengthen/expanding their AFI network.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Mr 134flyer!
134flyer wrote:Did Senegal AL order 20 A320 or 737? No!
Will they fly to Europe with A320? Apparently not, at least not to CDG/ORY, BRU and/or MXP!
Is SN deploying their network/hurrying things up? Apparently yes, as they are looking for a 5th A330 to strengthen/expanding their AFI network.
Confess what? THAT an AFI airline gone start up an AFI-BRU operation to compete against SN!
That's the only thing I confessed he told in his statement!
He's right that an AFI airline could compete against SN on their routes!
Not with an A319, offcourse!
We were right the whole time even AFI-carriers understand this,given prove Senegal :lol: !(yet NCB!)
Read my answers I'm on your/our side of this topic!
And if Senegal could buy 2 A330 even SN can get it's 5th,soon I hope! ;)
I just meant that given some competion to SN ,SN could have their A330 quicker!
CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

134flyer

Post by 134flyer »

Mr cathay belgium!
cathay belgium wrote:Confess what? THAT an AFI airline gone start up an AFI-BRU operation to compete against SN!
That's the only thing I confessed he told in his statement!
He's right that an AFI airline could compete against SN on their routes!
You're right, let's give NCB some credit about that aspect!

But fleet acquisition and operating certain types to certain destinations is something else...
cathay belgium wrote:Read my answers I'm on your/our side of this topic!
Yes, I've read your answers, and yes I know ;)

VEX802

Post by VEX802 »

According to travel magazine newsletter, Blue 1 will resume flights between Brussels and Helsinki. Flights should start in spring 2010.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

VEX802 wrote:According to travel magazine newsletter, Blue 1 will resume flights between Brussels and Helsinki. Flights should start in spring 2010.
Then SN should definitely try to codeshare with them, because since the end of the codeshare with AY the latter has taken most of the traffic between BRU and HEL. Who in his right mind would want to take the LH-SN codeshared flights via FRA with the loss of time that it involves, when there are direct flights with another airline?
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Blue 1 is a Regional Star Alliance member so I suppose that connections will be possible ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

This is a nice thing of Blue 1, SN has stopped their flights and Finnair doesn't upgrade their flights in a significant way. And a codeshare with SN will be a very normal next step because of Star Alliance. Altough their is a connection possible via Germany, that takes a lot of time and Blue 1 will be a good alternative.

"airbuske" Regional members doesn't exist anymore, Croatia, Adria and Blue 1 are full members now.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

As from next summerseason '10, the old terminal will be exclusive for all holiday charters at Brussels Airport.
Note that check-in lines 11 and 12 are now under renovation and will be exclusive for Jetairfly and Thomas Cook Airlines. A unique place for them -> whole new.

This is a very important initiative because summer '10 will be busy with new daily long haul carriers and the increasing of flights of excisting long haul carriers. They will need the place.

Schep

Post by Schep »

Sad news for BD...

LHR-AMS will be suspending on March 2010
LHR-BRU transferred to Brussels Airlines from 10 January 2010

BD AMS office -> closed
BD BRU office -> closed

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Hainan Airlines has announced the startup of daily fights between Brussels Airport and Beijing as from April 27th, 2010.

cnc

Post by cnc »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Hainan Airlines has announced the startup of daily fights between Brussels Airport and Beijing as from April 27th, 2010.
with the A330's or will we see some A340-600's?
i remember 1 or 2 years ago hainan was talking about sending the A346 but i've never seen it at BRU

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

the A330-200, no changes.

AVION1

Post by AVION1 »

Hainan Airlines - daily Brussels-Beijing as from summer season

Brussels Airport - Hainan Airlines, China’s largest private airline, has announced the startup of daily fights between Brussels Airport and Beijing as from April 27th, 2010.

Hainan Airlines launched operations between Beijing and Brussels in 2006 and is currently offering three weekly flights during the winter season and four weekly flights during the summer season. Since the startup of this service, the direct flights between Brussels and China have become very popular with both holiday and business travelers.
Flights will be operated with Airbus 330-200 aircraft, offering 36 180° flat bed seats in business class and 177 seats in economy. All seats are equipped with a state-of-the-art inflight entertainment system with personal touch screens.
All flights will offer convenient onward connections to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei and a large number of other destinations in China and North East Asia. Hainan Airlines Group is operating a fleet of 210 aircraft.

“The availability of a daily direct service will be very much welcomed by business passengers”, explains Jos Stroobants, Director Aviation Development at Brussels Airport. “This announcement illustrates the growth of business relations between our countries, as well as the growing popularity of the many wonders of China for European holiday travelers, and the attraction of our own cultural heritage for the growing number of Chinese visitors”.
In spite of the current economic situation, several new long distance initiatives were announced during the past weeks. As from the summer of 2010, Icelandair will start flights from Brussels to Reykjavik, Air Canada starts direct daily flights to Montreal and United Airlines adds a daily service to Chicago.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The press release doesn't say one word about Hainan's codesharing with Brussels Airlines. If I were SN I'd be disappointed....
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Hainan Airlines has announced the startup of daily fights between Brussels Airport and Beijing as from April 27th, 2010.
Was already posted in this topic more then a week ago ;)

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

sn26567 wrote:The press release doesn't say one word about Hainan's codesharing with Brussels Airlines. If I were SN I'd be disappointed...
Seeing SN is joining Star Alliance and under the umbrella of the Lufthansa Group which has multiple daily flights to several Chinese cities, and that it is quite an ambitious increase in offer that Hainan is putting on the table, I really doubt they would do it without continuing the cooperation with SN. But as you mention, as a partner one could be disappointed.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

In Amadeus' schedules, all 7 weekly flights are SN codeshared (as SN4114/5 opd HU491/2). But indeed, it is a shame it isn't mentioned anywhere in the press release.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

And according to Amadeus, it is daily as from 28 March not 27 April ;)