After the aviation NIMBY's, next come the fish-NIMBY's !!

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
jan_olieslagers

After the aviation NIMBY's, next come the fish-NIMBY's !!

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Fish restaurant must close, neighbours complained of fish smell... welcome to Belgium!

In Dutch: http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie ... ant_Knokke

regi

Re: After the aviation NIMBY's, next come the fish-NIMBY's !!

Post by regi »

A new nearby french fries shop had almost its doors closed because neigbours complained . The owners were very clever : they went to court themselves and called in an expert. There seems to be no regulation about the level of disturbance of frying oil. The owners also let the expert check the deep frying pan of the complaining people. Under courts ruling they could not resist. The police man who lives in my street had to join the expert to gain entrance in the complainers house to make a check on his deep frying pan. Result: the contamination by his deep frying pan is much greater than of the french fries shop. So he has no leg to stand on. Case closed and all costs involved on the complainers head.
(the funny thing is that the people who complained had forgotten that her own mother had a small french fries shop on exactly the same spot 25 years ago. I informd the new owners about this and it was also included in the legal report )
They should have done the same thing with those complainers of that fish restaurant: check if they fry fish at home.
And the same thing with all those people who underwrote the petitions against airports: check the names on departure lists. If you use an airplane to go to Tenerife, shut up and take a boat next time.
Oh, I love this forum to get rid off some frustrations. 8-)