Sabotage at Sabena Technics BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sabenatechnics

Sabotage at Sabena Technics BRU

Post by sabenatechnics »

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/942/Economie/a ... igen.dhtml

Sorry for the moment only in dutch.

regards
Last edited by sabenatechnics on 10 Mar 2009, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

LX-LGX

Re: Sabotage at SNT (bru)

Post by LX-LGX »

Belgian's secretary of State for Transport, Etienne Schouppe, has asked the police to open a formal investigation for voluntary failures.

All planes who have been at SN Technics since 1st Jan 2009 will have to be inspected (again).

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

regi

Post by regi »

Every now and then an individual doesn't accept the normal procedures and acts in a state of vengeance, gaining no advantage at all, and causing a lot of damage.
I just visited a factory that was burned down some years ago, causing immense delays, order losses and extra lay offs. ( they do supply the aircraft industry as well ) It was put on fire by a temporarely worker who thought he would get a fixed contract, but was sent away after some months instead.
He was immediately found, convicted for years in prison and loaded with an unpayable debt for the rest of his life. He is already out of prison and lives of welfare money, refusing to work anymore because it was a salary job that drove him to his state of vengeance.
Even Caesar was killed by his stepson.

airazurxtror

Re: Investigation on possible sabotage at Sabena Technics BRU

Post by airazurxtror »

It was said on RTL-TVI news today at 1 pm - that two aircraft have allegedly been "sabotaged", one of them a BAF C130.
Also, that the bad work was not done on important components and could not possibly have caused an in-flight accident or even incident ...

http://www.rtlinfo.be/rtl/news/article/ ... retien+%3F

sabenatechnics

Post by sabenatechnics »

would be a cable of the service interphone

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

sabenatechnics wrote:would be a cable of the service interphone
Willy Buysse (Managing Director SNT) told the Flemish newspaper Het Nieuwsblad that two aircraft are involved - both no property from Brussels Airlines. Quote from Willy Buysse: "In één toestel werden drie kabels doorgesneden. Eentje van de interne telefonie, de kabel van temperatuurindicator van de brandstof en de kabel voor de signalisatie van het landingssysteem, zegt Buysse. Over de aard van de sabotage in het andere toestel is nog niets bekend."

Translated: "In one aircraft, three cables have been cut: one from the interphone, one from the fuel temperature indicator and one from the landing gear indicator light. We don't know anything yet about the damage in the second aircraft."

Source (Dutch only):
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail ... 032009_028

- - -

This is not a minor incident, and there is damage to the whole Belgian aviation business.

NCB

Re: Sabotage at Sabena Technics BRU

Post by NCB »

I think that it was intentionally done to be discovered, that the intentions were to cause a major media awareness, not to harm any people.

The media has of course blown this out of proportion, which harms Sabena Technics even further.

If the action was meant as a protest, it was a bad joke. It ruins the image of Sabena technics, therefore affecting co-workers.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

NCB wrote:I think that it was intentionally done to be discovered, that the intentions were to cause a major media awareness, not to harm any people.

The media has of course blown this out of proportion, which harms Sabena Technics even further.

If the action was meant as a protest, it was a bad joke. It ruins the image of Sabena technics, therefore affecting co-workers.
No, the media have just reported what happened. Etienne Schouppe, the secretary of State responsible for Transport (and thus aviation) didn't want to came second, so he announced what happened before SNT did. The reason? We're just three months ahead of local elections, and politicians hate it when they have to say "I knew it, but he I really was working on it, believe me". Schouppe now can say "I'm doing my job: I've discovered it and I didn't want to cover it up.".

This was not a bad joke: this was a criminal offense, and it will be treated as such by the Belgian police and, more important, by a judge of instruction - meaning this will result in a court case if the offender is found. SNT is now even forced to officially comply with the same judge ("klacht tegen onbekenden - met burgerlijke partijstelling bij de onderzoeksrechter").

This scandal (and yesterday's strike) is another motivation for Brussels Airlines to move to Lufthansa Technik, as soon as the deal LH/SN is done.

Affecting the co-workers? No, affecting all of us working in the travel, tourism and aviation business.

Andries

Post by Andries »

LX-LGX wrote:This scandal (and yesterday's strike) is another motivation for Brussels Airlines to move to Lufthansa Technik, as soon as the deal LH/SN is done.
This will most likely happen anyway, IF Lufthansa Technik will be able to cope with the capacity by that time. For your information, no Belgian airline was affected by this event.

About the strike, please keep in mind that we aare facing a very dark future if we just comply with all demands of the direction. Please don't ciriticise our strike if you do not know all aspects. Thank you.

Greetz,

Andries.
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

The Belgian Army has confirmed that one of their C-130 had "abnormal damage" while in maintenance at SNT last Thursday.

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... d=9V27LKDF