Punta Cana - Jetair

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

davidmx0

Punta Cana - Jetair

Post by davidmx0 »

Hello,

We have booked a flight to Punta Cana, take-off scheduled 05/11/2008 at 10:45 (JAF303) at Brussels Airport.
Our return is scheduled for 15/11/2008 at 15:25 (JAF602) at Punta Cana Airport.

Could anyone please tell me which plane is taking us there & which is taking us back?

I've heard & read some topics on the OO-TUC that worry me.

Thanks!!!

Cadedrish

Re: Punta Cana - Jetair

Post by Cadedrish »

worried about OO-TUC?

Stay home then!

XL-UK bankrupt, Futura (Spain) bankrupt, Alitalia soon gone,...

Jetairfly Belgium, healthy company and hard working employees (me one of them) so consider yourself lucky to be able to fly with us!

Start packing your swimshorts and don't worry about OO-TUC!

Nice holiday,

Cad

davidmx0

Post by davidmx0 »

Well, we've always travelled with jetair and honestly we never had any remark. Always a perfect vacation...
It's the first time we leave europe, so I got a little worried... :o)
Besides the remarks I've read about the plane, everybody (and so are we) is always very positive about the jetair-crew ;o)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Travelled already 6x times with the OO-TUC and I'm still alive (yes,I am - but that is a miracle -
OO-TUC is really old = headphones,seats are broken - handluggage lockers were broken and
fixed with tape, the troubles you heard about OO-TUC are true !! but it flies !!!! -many times not on time
but better flying high safe with a maintance too much than falling down,haha ).
Went last week to Montego Bay and yes I tell you I prefer the NEOSplane EI-DMJ !!
Had a good pilot, also on this forum !( THX,was fun talking with you and had a nice flight )
Okay, for those men working with Jetairfly,they do their best, but they didn't bought the plane !!
( OK the guy with JAF who bought that plane = shoot him ! )

So,... have a nice stay in PC,relax and think about ;
if the pilot doesn't look suicidal , don't worry get in and have a drink ! ( and don't forget to pay it nowadays )!

TIP : book a plane on the LEFT side off the plane for a nice view outside!!

greetings, CX-B
I prefer in the back so you have a nice view on the wing!
New types flown 2022.. A339

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Dear lucky OO-TUC traveller,

Do not forget you are not on a forum for professionals.
People who write comments about the OO-TUC have (for most of them) NEVER flown with it.
Sure, everybody can take note of its delays everyday and make assumptions in this forum right away, while absolutely not knowing anything from the background.

It indeed had hard times at the beginning, but I can tell you it is much better right now. Pilots are pleased to fly on it, so be sure it is not an old crappy & dangerous plane.

Enjoy your flight, and your stay in PUJ!

Greetz

WOB

Post by WOB »

Sure it's better nowadays for the OO-TUC (maybe 'cause the maintenance is done by Tec4Jet)
but I can't understand why the EI-DMJ do the most of intercontinental flights????

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

While I was in MBJ last week I heard of other guests at the hotel they flown to PC/MBJ with the
saturday flight with OO-TUC, I know it was this plane ,Jetairfly with no Italian signs or crew
inside such as EI-DMJ.
So it stills cross the ocean,although they had a delay of 2 hours, must stay in the plane for 2hours while it
was rolling to a hangar for repair for 2hours.
They could not go of off the plane and where upset (remember Spanair) !
BUT as they were telling us, they were in our hotel safe and relaxing with a cocktail!
So I wouldn't worry anytime as I told you before.
But would have JAF another second B767 in the winterseason as EI-DMJ will return to Italy
after september ? They must use their own OO-TUC or not?
Does anyone know if from where will come the next 767?
Don't expect the new 787 within the next 3/4 years or so?
I'm not an often passenger (only once a year) but I booked already 3 times carribean with JAF,
so I'm not so much expierced as pro's in my stories but this all what I heard and expierced for myself!
Have a great holiday, of the carribean PC has the best beaches !! Don't worry and sure be happy :D
CX-B

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Cadedrish wrote:worried about OO-TUC?

Stay home then!

XL-UK bankrupt, Futura (Spain) bankrupt, Alitalia soon gone,...

Jetairfly Belgium, healthy company and hard working employees (me one of them) so consider yourself lucky to be able to fly with us!

Start packing your swimshorts and don't worry about OO-TUC!

Nice holiday,

Cad
Jetair is definitely OK, nobody said something about crews or anything, but OO-TUC is a flying peace of junk, or at least it was since in recent times I haven't seen any 'typical' delays of a couple of hours for this plane, for sure the lease of the NEOS plane has something to do with it, so TUC doesn't have to be in the air all the time anymore.

And to add on that: if I would fly OO-(S)TUC, I would be scared, not for it falling down, but for the delays that may be ahead and nobody on Jetair can blame us, the customer, for having those fears if you have seen OO-TUC on the ground for too long, too many times.

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

It departed on time today to Cancun :-)

davidmx0

Post by davidmx0 »

We have come back yesterday with the OO-TUC from Punta Cana and had a perfect flight. :)
Jetairfly crew is topservice.
(Besides the fact that I had two 2-year-old kids at both sides of me screaming the hell out of their lungs for nearly the whole flight (9hrs). To my opinion, parents should know not to take such young kids on long-distance flights.)

Stij

Post by Stij »

davidmx0 wrote:To my opinion, parents should know not to take such young kids on long-distance flights.)
Couldn't agree more!!!

Cheers,

Stij

Duke

Post by Duke »

davidmx0 wrote:To my opinion, parents should know not to take such young kids on long-distance flights.)
Maybe off topic, but what do you expect them to do with them?
Not everybody has parents, parents in law, brothers or sisters or friends to bring the kids to when going on holiday...
But I admit, it's not always fun to sit next to a crying baby during such a long flight...

Regards,

Duke

744rules

Post by 744rules »

off topic

@stij and davidmx0

you get the discrimination award today.

If kids are not allowed, who will be next ? The redhairs, the blondes, the wchrs, the .........
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

Stij

Post by Stij »

744rules wrote:off topic

@stij and davidmx0

you get the discrimination award today.

If kids are not allowed, who will be next ? The redhairs, the blondes, the wchrs, the .........
Thank-you very much for your wonderfull award! Really appreciate!!!

I don't mind the redhairs, the blondes, the wchrs, the..., but maybe the drunken people yes!

Of course it's a little bit more nuance then that.

Flying baby's on long haul to visit family is totally understandable adn I totally don't mind. But I don't understand that parents want to bring kids under 3 years on a long haul flight to the Domenican Republic. Is it really that difficult to spend the holidays in Europe for 3 years????? There are palm trees in Spain as well... And just a guess, but changing the sleeping rythm of a baby isn't that good for him/her either or what else is jetlag?

Cheers,

Stij

davidmx0

Post by davidmx0 »

@ stij: my point exactly
I would only take my kids (until the age of 3) if necessary...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

hello guys,

About people taking kids to the caribbean on long haul flights under 3?
Yes I took my kid at the ages of 3-4-5 years old to the carribbean :P ,
Is it good sleeping rhytm,jetlag,... :o , come on,
I think you don't have a kid... they can feel that less than you,
let each parent make that descision to themselves will you! :twisted:

I took my kid to the caribbean instead of Spain ( did this when she was 2 year) because:
I like the carribean people,odeur ,rhytm,beaches,music and it's CHEAPER ! ;)
and we can afford it , and when they have to go school obligated you can only go
in holiday season and what now! look at the prices +1000EUR/family !
So I went when she was 3-4-5 and she liked it ! VERY MUCH !
and guess what,this year ;we stays in europe or Egypt! beacuse she have to go to school at September 1.

I know some children could be a pain in the ass in a small plane, but hey...
... I prefer some kids instead of some older people ( UNDERSTATEMENT).
Children cry but after a while they fell asleep, older people keeps on talking,smelling,drinking,...

SO PEOPLE WITH CHILDREN ! enjoy you holiday and flight to the carribean. ( with JAF )

CX-Belgium