BRU 29/08/2007

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Glider

Post by Glider »

Seems Brussels keeps attracting very nice traffic over there. I must say - when seeing this - I'm starting to miss spotting at my home airport! (Phoenix mostly has US Airways and Southwest, so not that much of variation - but there is a BA 747 here too :-p)

Spotters, keep those pictures coming, so I'll keep coming to watch them. Best regards, out of Mesa, Arizona

Wim

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

It was a great day at BRU. Great traffic, splendid weather (finally!).
Until the police came and spoile the noon. As I was standing at the RWY 02 spot (at the line up) together with some 10 other spotters...well known as well as unknown ones...we got caught on 'trespassing'. We all had to give our ID-card to be registered into the system. We can now better think twice before we risk it again...I don't really feel much for a fine.

Anyway...enough about that, it was a nice day...i'll post my pics too for this time. They wont be as good as most of you...but still I would like to show them.

CO 777

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-11.html

NE 73W

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-12.html

TS 313

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-13.html

OHY AB6

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-14.html

MA 736 logojet

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-15.html

SU IL9

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-16.html

9W 773

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-17.html

SN 333 (OO-SFW)

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-18.html

9W 73W VT-JGX (turned out to be much better than I expected :p)

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-19.html

KE 74Y HL7605

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage-646-20.html

Best regards: Yannick ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Bruspotter wrote:Until the police came and spoile the noon. As I was standing at the RWY 02 spot (at the line up) together with some 10 other spotters...well known as well as unknown ones...we got caught on 'trespassing'. We all had to give our ID-card to be registered into the system. We can now better think twice before we risk it again...I don't really feel much for a fine.
Where exactly is it allow to be and not to be at that spot?
André
ex Sabena #26567

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

sn26567 wrote:
Bruspotter wrote:Until the police came and spoile the noon. As I was standing at the RWY 02 spot (at the line up) together with some 10 other spotters...well known as well as unknown ones...we got caught on 'trespassing'. We all had to give our ID-card to be registered into the system. We can now better think twice before we risk it again...I don't really feel much for a fine.
Where exactly is it allow to be and not to be at that spot?
No problem being at that place. But it is not allowed to park your car on the small pedestrian road near that spot ...

Greetz,
Rutger

gordonf

Post by gordonf »

can anyone confirm that the 321 that was sitting to the rear of the world dc10 at lufthansa yesterday afternoon around 2ish (29-08-07) with red tail was F-GYAR leaving after maintenance ?
cheers

gordon

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

gordonf wrote:can anyone confirm that the 321 that was sitting to the rear of the world dc10 at lufthansa yesterday afternoon around 2ish (29-08-07) with red tail was F-GYAR leaving after maintenance ?
cheers

gordon
I can confirm that. F-GYAR left H117 after maintenance as BIE603T around 14:00.

Greetz,
Rutger

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Flyuli wrote:Hello!
Very nice day at Bru!
And ermengency landing for Brussels Airlines with OO-DWK, but i don't know the reason .
Engine failure. The avro with 49 pax landed safely on 3 engines.

Greetz,
Rutger

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

So to clarify yesterday's police issue completely :

Some 14 spotters (including myself) were on the spot. Suddenly a police officer appeared
and asked whose car was parked under the trees next to the pedestrian road. Everybody
said "not mine", so the officer said that we should all follow him to the police car and give
our ID cards.

Then they searched out who was the owner of the car (according to license plate and
name on the ID card) and in the end they found out who it was (a guy I didn't knew). All
the others (including myself) were free to go again whereas the one guy had to follow the
police officer to the guy's car (he probably got a fine).

But I immediately went back to the spot and was still able to nail the IL-96 lining up. So no
problem for spotting whatsoever in that corner, just don't park your car over there. You can
park your car at the other side of the runway (corner Zeven Tommen / Michielsstraat) or at the
parking lot next to the graveyard in Nossegem (probably that is even closer in walking distance).

The whole issue took about 30 mins of time.

Regards, Robin Bamps.
Last edited by Robin_Bamps on 30 Aug 2007, 12:24, edited 4 times in total.

snkenny

Post by snkenny »

can anyone confirm that the 321 that was sitting to the rear of the world dc10 at lufthansa yesterday afternoon around 2ish (29-08-07) with red tail was F-GYAR leaving after maintenance ?
cheers

gordon
Here is a pictures from his depart yesterday. :D

Greetz

kenny

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Nice pictures of yesterday.
Here are some of mine yesterday between 4.30pm and 5.15pm
It was nice to see a ERJ-190 of Finnair but no sun that time :(

---------
A little bit off topic, but yesterday when I was at runway 02 between the railways to Leuven and Brussels I must say a lot of people drop his waste on the ground and in the grass. I know there are no bins but from my site it would be possible that everyone takes its waste at home or dropped it in a bin somewhere else, but not on the ground.
There are a lot of peolpe who comes to that place when R02 or R20 is in use but it would be much better for everyone that the spotterplaces will be ne nice and 'clean' place.

Kind regards
Bavo

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Sparrow wrote:A little bit off topic, but yesterday when I was at runway 02 between the railways to Leuven and Brussels I must say a lot of people drop his waste on the ground and in the grass. I know there are no bins but from my site it would be possible that everyone takes its waste at home or dropped it in a bin somewhere else, but not on the ground.
There are a lot of peolpe who comes to that place when R02 or R20 is in use but it would be much better for everyone that the spotterplaces will be ne nice and 'clean' place.

Kind regards
Bavo
You're absolutely right there!

Greetz,
Rutger

gordonf

Post by gordonf »

thanks for the response guys on F-GYAR
enjoy your spotting

gordon

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

RA-96008 final 25L

Jense

Post by Jense »

Guys, can we get real about that spot at RWY 02?

That you may not park your car overthere is one reason, but another reason is because of the farmer his fields overthere!!!
Most spotters don't mind and don't care about his work (yes, his work) and just walk trough his fields. This is "not done" dudes. His complaints are fairly correct, as I wouldn't be amused neither when on a nice summer-day more than 50 people destroy "my work"! Do you guys think he has nothing else to do than call the police every day RWY 02 is in use?

You have to think about this more and more, because we're, as some dedicated members already said, "our own nightmare" sometimes!

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Jense wrote:Guys, can we get real about that spot at RWY 02?

That you may not park your car overthere is one reason, but another reason is
because of the farmer his fields overthere!!!
Most spotters don't mind and don't care about his work (yes, his work) and just
walk trough his fields. This is "not done" dudes. His complaints are fairly correct, as
I wouldn't be amused neither when on a nice summer-day more than 50 people destroy
"my work"! Do you guys think he has nothing else to do than call the police every
day RWY 02 is in use?

You have to think about this more and more, because we're, as some dedicated members
already said, "our own nightmare" sometimes!
I agree with you on this one, but :

1) The spot is next to the field on fallow ground ; you can reach the spot by walking around the field,
like I always do (through the woods and then next to the north fence near the fire training area).

2) The farmer wasn't seen on the 29th ; it was the police who drove by patrolling on the pedestrian
road and mentioned the parked car. As he saw the spotters standing on the spot, he approached us.

3) The police officer lead us through the field (!!!) on his way to the car... So even the most ironic act,
comparing it with your above statement.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Jense

Post by Jense »

Robin_Bamps wrote:1) The spot is next to the field on fallow ground ; you can reach the spot by walking around the field,
like I always do (through the woods and then next to the north fence near the fire training area).
The spot iselves is, indeed. But the most easy way to reach it, as most people also do, is through the fields. I'm not pointing my finger to anyone in particular, but most people prefer "the easiest" way instead of the "legal" or "best" way...
Robin_Bamps wrote:2) The farmer wasn't seen on the 29th; it was the police who drove by patrolling on the pedestrian
road and mentioned the parked car. As he saw the spotters standing on the spot, he approached us.
It's not because "the farmer wasn't seen" that he wasn't there. "Big Brother" is watching you all the time :wink: .
Robin_Bamps wrote:3) The police officer lead us through the field (!!!) on his way to the car... So even the most ironic act,
comparing it with your above statement.
Again, he (even he, as a police officer) choose the "easiest" way instead of the "legal" or "best" way.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

My final reply on this issue :

Big Brother or not, it had nothing to do with the farmer this time. Police patrols every hour
or so on that road (I already often saw cars that were driving on that road to shortcut from
Steenokkerzeel to Zaventem caught by police and halted) because the road is forbidden
for cars ("Uitgezonderd landbouwvoertuigen"), and saw the car standing next to the road.
If the car hadn't been there, the police wouldn't have stopped and even wouldn't have
looked up to the field (you can't see the spotters standing from down on the road because
of the "holleweg"). Note that only the person whose car was parked there had to come along
in the end. All others were free to go without any consequences.

Regards, Robin Bamps.