Articles on Brussels spotters on the web

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

sn26567

Articles on Brussels spotters on the web

Post by sn26567 »

Just published on the web this article (in Dutch) on a Brussels spotter, Guy Daems:

http://www.brusselnieuws.be/site/rubrie ... 1187854847

Is he one of our members?

Also an article on Dutch spotter in Brussels Jules van Herten: http://www.brusselnieuws.be/site/rubrie ... 1187855219

Same question: Is he one of our members?

And a last one on our well-known member Robin Bamps: http://www.brusselnieuws.be/site/rubrie ... 1187855648
Last edited by sn26567 on 24 Aug 2007, 11:38, edited 2 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Duke

Post by Duke »

quote from the article about Guy Daems (my adaptation), and in Dutch :

"In Zaventem zie je weinig grote witte vliegtuigen, de cargo’s even niet meegerekend. Amsterdam daarentegen is fantastisch. Daar zijn heel wat white bodies."

The journalist definitely doesn't know much about aviation!!! :D

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

In Zaventem zie je weinig grote witte vliegtuigen, de cargo’s even niet meegerekend. Amsterdam daarentegen is fantastisch. Daar zijn heel wat white bodies. Bovendien is er meer luchtverkeer.”
Seems like a faulty translation from the reporter. Guy was talking about widebodies, and it was translated as 'witte vliegtuigen' :lol:

Robin Bamps is on our forum, as robin_bamps (difficult :wink: ). The others I don't know.

Greetz,
Rutger

PS: seems the error was partially correct on their website
Last edited by rut-her on 24 Aug 2007, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

If I recall correctly Guy Daems is one of our members as well !!!

Kcinnay

Post by Kcinnay »

Duke wrote:quote from the article about Guy Daems (my adaptation), and in Dutch :

"In Zaventem zie je weinig grote witte vliegtuigen, de cargo’s even niet meegerekend. Amsterdam daarentegen is fantastisch. Daar zijn heel wat white bodies."

The journalist definitely doesn't know much about aviation!!! :D
I did send them an email just after i read the text, and now it seems they changed it partially, still witte vliegtuigen in Amsterdam but I resend a message and hopefully they change that as well.

It was rather funny to read :wink: :D

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Avro wrote:If I recall correctly Guy Daems is one of our members as well !!!
He is indeed.

Nice article :)
Tot hier en verder

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

rut-her wrote:
In Zaventem zie je weinig grote witte vliegtuigen, de cargo’s even niet meegerekend. Amsterdam daarentegen is fantastisch. Daar zijn heel wat white bodies. Bovendien is er meer luchtverkeer.”
Seems like a faulty translation from the reporter. Guy was talking about widebodies, and it was translated as 'witte vliegtuigen' :lol:

Robin Bamps is on our forum, as robin_bamps (difficult :wink: ). The others I don't know.

Greetz,
Rutger

PS: seems the error was partially correct on their website

Devon Rex

Post by Devon Rex »

Nice to see some good articles and positive news again about spotting in Belgium... but (sorry Guy :wink: ) I don't agree with this:

"De ‘ideale’ spottersfoto is in puur zijaanzicht"

So much more fun if you dare taking some other action shots, but that's my opinion of course.

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Devon Rex wrote:Nice to see some good articles and positive news again about spotting in Belgium... but (sorry Guy :wink: ) I don't agree with this:

"De ‘ideale’ spottersfoto is in puur zijaanzicht"

So much more fun if you dare taking some other action shots, but that's my opinion of course.
Maybe for him it is :D

Greetz,
Rutger

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Indeed rut-her :D

No offence on side-shots, for sure... they are always good...but some variation is always nice. To be honest, my favourite view on a plane is side/front-view and even a bit from downunder :P.

Nice articles indeed.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

xm717

Post by xm717 »

even a bit from downunder
Yes Bruspotter, we would all like to go to Australia!

... All in all 3 interesting articles ...

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

Don't agree too about "sideshots" but be aware that Guy was talking about the "perfect" spotters photo, which I can understand however!
Photography is all about variation imho :wink:

Nice article with Guy Daems but you can take nice pictures too without the sun...imho.

Have a nice weekend.
Tommy
The word "impossible" is not in my dictionary! - Napoleon Bonaparte