Inflight Extra 300 Air 2 Air pictures

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

AirSmetten

Inflight Extra 300 Air 2 Air pictures

Post by AirSmetten »

Hi fellows!

It looks like there were quite some A2A shoots this weekend :mrgreen:
Maybe some of you already know that a few weeks ago a new toy arrived at Ursel... and what kind of toy !!!

Because of the beautifull weather that we so much missed the last few weeks the bird made a lot of flights this weekend. dancing And of 2 of them I had the priviledge to take some airborne pictures of it. :P The first flight was a short trip to Midden-Zeeland to go eat some "Mossels" :lol: and back. For the second shoot we flew with 2 Extra"s (D-EDGE from EBKT) for some additional shots. We were plannig to take some inverted shots but sadly we had a little problem with the fuel system wich prevented us to stay inverted a long time... :damnit:

Here's the result from this weekend :

Hope you like it.

Greetz
Rick

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Nice indeed, sir, thank you very much! We see too few G/A on these pages, to my liking. And indeed this toy is beautiful really beautiful, though I wouldn't like to fly it in the way it was made for: often a steep turn is enough to get me giddy and/or screaming, ask my flight instructor! So I daren't even think of inverted flight, I'm sure I'd be scared to death.

Just a little question: the tube sticking out behind the port wing, is that a smoke system, or what else?

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

#4. Like father like son, both with a camera :D

AirSmetten

Post by AirSmetten »

Thanks for the comments Jan! :P

It really isn't a good ID to get in such high performance A/C without a solid stomach :D denfently not when it is 30° outside :wink: .

The tube sticking out behind the port wing isn't a smoke system but a visual angle indicator which is used to fly aerobatics. As the Extra doesn't have a attitude indicator or artificial horizon it would be difficult to know when you're pointing 45° or 90° upwards. In some cases you'll even find a smal string at the end of it. Thats string is then used to indicate when you're flying backwards during a tailslide.

Greetings
Rick