Hola en Venezuela ! CDG-CCS-PMV-CCS-CDG May07

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

Hola en Venezuela ! CDG-CCS-PMV-CCS-CDG May07

Post by Jumbolino »

Gents - and, of course, Ladies,

After a long absense, I like to share some trip report with you, and I have to admit, all of you, who are airliners.net memeber, as well, might know about.
And sorry, that I promised, a DXB, as well, as, Cuba trip report and never posted it - instead, if you like, you can watch some photos here
http://bilder.jutta-staudach.de
please, don't blame me, but it's made with a test version and the full sized pics "wear" the test version tag. As soon, as I have suitable spare time, I will fix that.

Well, back to Venezuela
Starting May 18 07:20 with AF1007 DUS-CDG which was a short, uneventful hop and early landing in CDG.
Fine, but not too early to hop outside and having a cigarette. "Ce la vie"
When arriving Terminal 2C it was easy to find the gate and wait, wait

Well, Flight AF0460 dep 10:35 acctually left CDG a bit late (approx 30 mins) and I have to admit Air France is great even in ECO.
They served champagne for Apero and a real nice meal - Tomato tarte Tatin
Choice of main course
Chicken Filets with mild spices accompanied by semolina with coriander and vegetables or
Salmon ravioli Florentine
- I choosed the ravioli and they where real tasteful
Camembert Cheese
Madeleine
Farmer's Cheese Entrements with Mango
Coffee (Nescafé) and tea
and beer was a choice of local Venezulan (return leg) and 1664 - tasteful, as well.
Seat number 26K A340 with entertainment system for every even eco seat
Arriving CCS was on time, but I had to waint 45 minutes for my luggage.
Not too amused, after such a long flight.

Finding Enrique and the others was quite easy, and later we moved to our apartments for the night -
as you can see very nice
and the drinks they served us, while we relaxed in the pool - for sure the same - Chivazuela :roll: ? !
Next day we moved after a long breakfast, more a brunch back to the airport and our flight was
19MAY VO2013 CCS-PMV (Conviasa)
and I couldn't believe that they served Coffee and a cake on this 30 minute hop :shock:
Well, I have to admit I had a great time on the Island of Margarita
and on 23rd of May it was time to say bye, bye
flown Aserca DC9 PMV-CCS and waiting for my Air France flight back to europe in CCS
23MAY AF0461 A340 CCS-CDG Seat 25 K
Meal this time (including real Champagne not sparkling water for Apero)
Nicoise Salad
Choice of main course
Beef Bourguingnon accompanied by saffron rice and carrots
or Tagliarini pasta with shrimp and tomatoe basil sauce
Petit-Suisse cheese
Apple Tarte
Coffee (Nescafé) and tea
And not amused, the flight back to DUS was cancelled and spent 3 hours on CDG airport .... positive aspect, I have gooten a voucher for some llunch and my luggage made the connection, too.

And the next trip is already planned, this time, much more longer, mid December, till mid of January 2008, means including Christmas Day and New Years Eve.
KLM from AMS to Quito, Ecuador -
http://www.cafecultura.com/ we like to stay there :lol:
Quito to Lima, Peru (TACA ?)
flight to Cuzco and from there "entering" the Machu Picchu
travelling to Puno, from there via Titicaca to La Paz from there to Rurrenabaque and back and afterwards a few days in Brasil.
Back to good old europe from Sao Paulo to CDG with Air France.

Cheers,
Jumbolino.

PS: not to miss the conclusion of the "bunch" of long-haul flights till last december
Lufthansa (DXB) is quite good, but the plane was merely old
Condor (Varadero) is something for pure masochists (my very own, and personal, opinion - I won't blame Condor - but, charter, against flight "en ligne", simple "loose the contest", just my 2 cents)
and Air France is simple great
well, comparison of this three only, and all in Y class.

PPS: regarding the pictures on my Website (all the trips, since last December, are listed there) - if you ever visit Nice and/or Monaco - invest 90 Euro and take a Heli Air Monaco Flight - it's worth !!!!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nice to have you back on board, jumbolino. Glad you enjoyed your AF flights, which indeed look great.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

André,

thanks for your kind reply.

By the way, meanwhile, I have my inner-south american Intinerary ready for our Dec/Jan08 trip.

18DEC1925 AV81 (Avianca)
Caracas-Quito
Tue, Dec 25
Flights: AVIANCA, AV 0078
Departs:7:05pm
To:BOGOTA, COLOMBIA (BOG)
Arrives: 8:30pm
Arrival Terminal:TERMINAL 1 Class:Economy
Aircraft: BOEING 757 JET
Flights: AVIANCA, AV 0075
Departs: 9:55pm
Tue, Dec 25
To: LIMA, PERU (LIM)
Arrives:12:50am
Wed, Dec 26
TERMINAL 1
Aircraft: BOEING 767 JET
Fri, Dec 28
Flights: TACA, TA 0007
Operated by TRANS AMERICAN AIRLINES - TACA PERU
Departs: 6:00am
To: CUZCO, PERU (CUZ)
Arrives: 7:15am
Aircraft: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321
Sun, Jan 13
Flights: AEROSUR, 5L 0300
Departs: 7:00am
To: SANTA CRUZ VVI, BOLIVIA (VVI)
Arrives: 8:00am
Aircraft: BOEING 737
Flights: AEROSUR, 5L 0300
Departs: 9:50am
To:SAO PAULO GUARULH, BRAZIL (GRU)
Arrives: 1:45pm
Aircraft: BOEING 737

Outbound - in this case, meaning, flight Europe to CCS, and back from Sao Paulo, we are currently booked on LH, but I like to fly Air France (again) :-)

And, if there are ladies and Gents who like to join us on our trip feel free and drop me a short message. Email available via Website (look at the pics) or here via Website, but I have to admit, I'm not that frequently seen guest here anymore.

what's not mentioned here, but what you can assume - Macchu Picchu, Titicaca, and as well, jungle lodge (Rurrenabaque) is planned, as well.

Cheers & Greetings from Delft (NL),
Jumbolino.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice to hear from you again Jutta :-) And thanks for sharing your experience with us !!

Chris

PS: Where are you staying in Delft ? I lived there last year..

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Chris,

At the moment Hotel de Plataan, which is directly in the old historical part of Delft, and I have to admit very nice surrounding :-)

Cheers,
Jutta.

PS: you won't join us ? at the moment we are two, Bernhard and me, and, I assume, it would be much more nicer, if we would be 4 or 5 persons for the upcoming 5 weeks trip, threw south america, in dec07 / jan 08