B747-8 Video

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

CXRules

B747-8 Video

Post by CXRules »

A video of interior design, interesting!

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... tions.html

boomer535

Post by boomer535 »

The way I understand it Boeing has given up on the Skyloft idea. The crew rest area and Skyloft Galley are still in though. The Skyloft Galley is a good idea for the Airlines as it frees up space on the main deck for more passengers. The first time I flew on a 747 was an AA 747-100 back in 1971. The last time I flew on a 747 was last October on a Philippine Airlines 747-400. I hope to fly on a 747-8I someday.

JohnKrist

Post by JohnKrist »

Doesn't seem to be a single window in the Skyloft? Man it would feel like a very luxurious sardine can.

boomer535

Post by boomer535 »

The Skylofts would be in the "crown" of the airplane. This is the space above the main cabin that has been used for air conditioning ducts electrical wiring etc. All of these will be rerouted to the walls to make space for the Skylofts crew rest and Galley. There will be no windows because all the ductwork and electrical wiring would be in the way. I am sure they could use flat panel monitors with outside views that would simulate windows pretty well though. The problem is the Airlines can't figure out how to make money with the Skylofts. Moving the Galley and serving carts to the Crown area will free up space on the main deck for passengers and that will make the Airlines money.