When the "S" has to make way for the "b"

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
Vesalius

When the "S" has to make way for the "b"

Post by Vesalius »

It has been quite some time that I had the occasion to power up FS. For those of you who are wondering... I gues that's the price you pay when raising a family, but it sure is worth every eurocent .

Last November, the merged Virgin Express and SN Brussels Airlines unveiled their new logo and brandname: Brussels Airlines. There aren't that many changes between SNBA's current livery and the Brussels Airlines, but we definitely had to say goodbye to the so famous and nostalgique "S-tail" (of the defunct Sabena).

As such, it was kind of a challenge for me to leave the past behind aswell. It wasn't untill last weekend that I decided to give it a go. Here's my way to present you Brussels Airlines...

Pics where taken enroute LDSP - LOWI (Split/Croatia - Innsbruck/Austria) . Unfortunatelly I've got only some cruise/arrival shots for you.

ps: some details have to be done yet, like blue elevators and white wings...

Old Nickname - VG

Re: When the "S" has to make way for the "b&q

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

Nice Repaint

Greetz,
didier 8)

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

repaint looks awesome, but I got the impression the passengers windows are a bit too big?

Duke

Post by Duke »

Vesalius,

I don't want to be nitpicking, but allow me to make some remarks :
- the font type of the words "brussels airlines" is different on the real aircraft;
- the blue of the tail is darker on the real aircraft (your colour is more purple);
- the belly of the real aircraft is more greyish (as opposed to your colour, which is more like the previous blue-grey).

As I don't know anything about repainting aircraft in FS, I certainly don't want to criticise, just giving some advise...

Best regards,

Vesalius

Post by Vesalius »

@sab319: You have point. They appear big because the accent to the window borders is a bit to hard. I'll try to correct that.

@Duke:
thx for commenting, I like criticism as you can see. I'll try to get into it. But...
- I'm aware about the font. I searched the web (dafont.com) for the best font that matches the titles. I didn't had the occasion yet to draw the font in vector format as I used to do with the Sabena logo a few years back.
- I've will try to match the tailsection color to the real one. I'm unfortunatelly colorblind at a certain level. And picking the colors from pictures with the right amount of light doesn't do the trick in certain cases :-)
- idem :-)

Again, I do appreciate all your comments. Thanks.

Vesalius

Post by Vesalius »

@sab319: done... :)

@Duke: done also...

I've just reworked the windows, fuselage and tail colors on 1 side. Engines and other side will be done later on. Now I'm going to sleep... :|

nielsbollen

Post by nielsbollen »

Very nice !!!
I was also wondering where did you get (paid) the Brussels scenery?
I have a lot of sceneries (freeware and payware) but I've never seen this one before.
Nice repaint also!!!
Greetz,

Niels

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

Cool !

Vesalius

Post by Vesalius »

@Niels: well that's a very early beta version of EBBR. The project has been on hold for several months now. Thomas has too much work and too less spare time to finish it. We're hoping to get it finished, but it's a lot of work and currently Thomas is transferring skills to someone else.

@Outsync: thanks :-)