"Sand Hills" are going bye-bye :(

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

icr5

"Sand Hills" are going bye-bye :(

Post by icr5 »

Today I was supprised by the traffic of heavy trucks going towards the "sand hills" and when I arrived there I was saw the renewed gate with a chain and lock ( open due to truck movements). Seems like we are going to loose one more place for spotting :(.

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

when I was there for the Qatar A330, there was no movement, no trucks, nothing, but the gate was open...

a380man

Post by a380man »

I was there yesterday and they have indeed restricted access by replacing the gates with more solid ones. Additionally a mud bank has been built all around which effectively prevents access;however it is possible to see stuff if you park near the football ground and walk up the path, it is blocked off but you can walk around it. I suspect this has more to do with the moto cross riders than the odd spotter but it is nonetheless a pain in the A***/A** (For US readers :wink: ).
El

Duke

Post by Duke »

I was there last Monday, and everything was closed by a gate and a sign saying that acces to the work-site was forbidden.
Does anybody know what works are going on there? Is the site definitely closed or only temporarily?

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Maybe Brussels Airport can make a real visitor and spotters place of it. If they cut some trees, and make a platform with a nice view on the apron I think that place will tempt lots of visitors and spotters. But than comes the question: who ownes that place now?