Transavia AMS-VLC

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

mark_in_motion

Transavia AMS-VLC

Post by mark_in_motion »

Finally!!

Transavia is going to fly AMS-VLC... (from March, 27 2006)

here it is (in Dutch):
http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=11619

Just wondering now how fast Vueling is going to react.. allowing soon bookings on this traject for April 2006 and after, or are they going to wait until February with publishing their summer timetable, like this year...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Mark ,

Since friday it is possible to book flights to and from VLC until Oct 2006.

It seems that VLC will receive this summer a lot of flights , most of them will be LCC think about Vueling , Virgin Express , Ryanair , HLX , Transavia ,..

Valencia was in the past an old and dirty city but is now becoming a very nice city.

Valencia Airport will have in 2007 a metro line , connecting the airport with the city centre.
Since november there is also a new bus service between the airport and the centre of Valencia, the Aero-Bus .

There will be also a new parking, a three-storey car park, in front of the passenger terminal.

So in the future VLC will become an important airport.

It is one of my fav spanish airports ;)
Best regards,

Airbuske

mark_in_motion

Post by mark_in_motion »

Hola Airbuske,

Although the combo-box in the reservation section of the Vueling website does allow you to select dates until Oct 2006, it is still not possible to book for example VLC-AMS for April 2006. An error window will pop-up stating that "Ticket reservations for this route is not yet available. Please try again in a few days"...

Well, I couldn´t wait anymore and bought this weekend Iberia (yeah, my so favorite airline, NOT) tickets...

I live and work in Valencia and see the changes like you say as well. The Americas Cup in 2007 is for sure a positive factor in all of this. The new metro line is going to connect my village with the airport and I think that it will be more fast for me in the future to visit my family in Holland, in stead of my family-in-law here in the south of Spain!!

By the way, In the aspect of Valencia becoming important: What do you think of the success the new airport in Castellon is going to have with Orepesa just in front...

And talking about favorite Spanish airports... have you ever been on MJV? That is a so small, it reminds me of Catania in Italy!

Saludos,

Mark

p.s. My favorite airport is Ushuaia in Tiera del Fuego, Argentina: a small wooden building on an peninsular airport in the Beagle Channel!

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Hi Mark ,

I have no problems with booking flights after April 2006 from BRU
to VLC.

In september I think , I booked BRU - MAD with IB for me and my girlfriend.
A few days later Vueling annouced that they will fly from BRU to MAD :? .
But I fly regular with IB , I have even an Iberia plus card and until now no complaints.

I was in Valencia this year for 4 days but except that I'm always for 2 hours in Valencia. I take the bus from the airport to the bus station and there I take the Alsa bu to Oliva. So I have never been in MJV , it 's to far from my destination. I was twice in Alicante - El Altet , also a nice aiport but that's more a charter airport with tourists for Benidorm , Calp ,....

A new airport in Castellon ? That's nex for me.
That would be an airport between Valencia and Barcelona, don't forget you have also Reus. I think that it would be only interesting for LCC and charters.
Best regards,

Airbuske

mark_in_motion

Post by mark_in_motion »

Hola Airbuske,

I did another try and it is just on the VLC-AMS route, the other routes work fine. I imagine that they might have some problems in the schedule/slots on that route?

The airport at Castellon is already in construction phase, check this:
http://www2.dipcas.es/proyectos/aeropue ... puerto.htm

And for some photos of the construction process:
http://www2.dipcas.es/proyectos/aeropue ... ticias.htm

About Iberia: I fly Iberia for my work and do have a lot of complaints, especially about delays and missed connections. But the most irritating is the unfriendly, unpolite, unproffesional and "prepotente" (how to say that in English: prepotent??) attitude of its employees... Air Nostrum, Iberia Regional, is the opposite: always nice and friendly people!

Saludos from a rainy Valencia,

Mark

waldova

Post by waldova »

mark_in_motion wrote: About Iberia: I fly Iberia for my work and do have a lot of complaints, especially about delays and missed connections. But the most irritating is the unfriendly, unpolite, unproffesional and "prepotente" (how to say that in English: prepotent??) attitude of its employees... Air Nostrum, Iberia Regional, is the opposite: always nice and friendly people!

Saludos from a rainy Valencia,

Mark
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the nice words for Air Nostrum. It is true. I started to work here only two weeks ago and I must say the atmosphere in the company is really good.

The airport of Valencia is with the three most growing once in Spain. Everyday new airline companys announce flights to Valencia! I must say it is becoming quite busy.
Also there are plans of making a second rwy here in Valencia. Also major works are going on to make a new parkinglot and to make the terminal bigger to get more capacity. The plan is to get everything ready before the start of the Americas Cup. Here the Valencianos are really proud of being the sede city for the next americas cup. Also the city is the city that is growing the fastest in Spain. Becoming more important everyday!
I must say that since I arrived here I really like it a lot and feel really at home here! A pitty that today it is raining! But what the heck, tomorrow there will be sunshine!

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Buenas tardes Mark,

I would like to thank you for the links you gave me.
I'm very interested in the development of the airport.

Sad that you have such a bad experience with IB.
Prepotente is in English ill-mannered :wink:

@ Waldova can you please send some sun if the sun shines there tomorrow,
it is very cold here :?: :wink:
Best regards,

Airbuske

waldova

Post by waldova »

I will surely do that! There just might be a big chance it is sunny but I wouldn't be suprised if it rains. I don't mind the rain! When it rains less then four days a month i'm even happy to have some rainy days. It makes me feel like I'm back home in Belgium!

mark_in_motion

Post by mark_in_motion »

Hey Waldova,

So you are here now and working for Air Nostrum?? Man, thats really good news!! Are you based at Manises?
Let´s have our long ago planned coffee then somewhere in January, maybe in the bar at the airport...

Tomorrow I fly to AMS for Christmas, yeah!

Merry Christmas everybody, and a happy new year!!!

Saludos,

Mark

waldova

Post by waldova »

Hey,

I fly tomorrow too! From VLC to BRU on Vueling with my girlfriend!

We might see each other then tomorrow! Otherwise we have to go for a coffe once in Valencia!
Jep I'm based in Manisis, well, i'm based at the other side of the airport. I'm based at the offices where there is the maintenance hangar of Air Nostrum!!