Lufthansa and Swissair

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Lufthansa and Swissair

Post by sn26567 »

I just found this picture on one of the LH websites:

Does it not remind you something? "Sabena, flying together with Swissair".

We all know how it ended. I wish SWISS can survive this time!
André
ex Sabena #26567

n5528p

Re: Lufthansa and Swissair

Post by n5528p »

sn26567 wrote: Image

Yeah, but now Swiss is the Junior...

Bernhard

yagoceron

Post by yagoceron »

Recently we've been handling Lufthansa flights flown by Swiss Embraers.

Shame they're getting rid of them.

I also heard people from LH saying Swiss will get a new name. Anyone has more info?

SierraGolfDelta

Post by SierraGolfDelta »

yagoceron wrote:Recently we've been handling Lufthansa flights flown by Swiss Embraers.

Shame they're getting rid of them.

I also heard people from LH saying Swiss will get a new name. Anyone has more info?
'Air Cuckoo' perhaps? Those birds also lay their eggs in another birds nest to take profit of em.....

Sorry, couldn't help...

Avro

Post by Avro »

SierraGolfDelta wrote:
'Air Cuckoo' perhaps? Those birds also lay their eggs in another birds nest to take profit of em.....

Sorry, couldn't help...
Siwss never did that !

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote: Does it not remind you something? "Sabena, flying together with Swissair".

Yes it brings a lot of memories back to my mind as well. But as you said let's hope Swiss will be able to survive and keep its name and wonderful brand. But I fear that LH will quickly rename the company and take all the profitable long haul flights to MUC.

Chris

SierraGolfDelta

Post by SierraGolfDelta »

Avro wrote:
SierraGolfDelta wrote:

Sorry, couldn't help...
Siwss never did that !
Temper temper.... I do know that, but then.... any 'swiss cross' on a tale baring that nam, be it a successor or not will have that effect on nostalgic sabena-lovers like me...

Please allow us that Chris, for old times sake....

Avro

Post by Avro »

SierraGolfDelta wrote:
Temper temper.... I do know that, but then.... any 'swiss cross' on a tale baring that nam, be it a successor or not will have that effect on nostalgic sabena-lovers like me...

Please allow us that Chris, for old times sake....
Will then every Belgian airline with the S-tail have the effect on people that it is a bad managed airline ? ;)

Anyway I allow you to think what you want don't worry :P

An BTW the name Air Cuckoo is nicely found :mrgreen:

Chris

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

I hope that Swiss will survive. And i miss Swissair very much. I was very very very disappointed when Lufthansa bought Swiss.
ANd Swiss will sepparate the campagny in two, one for long haul flights, and for the regional flights the name will be Swiss European Arlines. And the chater company is called Swiss Sun.

Here's is an article in french about the externalisation of europeans flights http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSe ... 8869779000

Avro

Post by Avro »

Ovostar,

IMHO this is only the beginning of LH's influence in LX.

They will probably keep the regional brand as "Swiss regional" in the future, but my guess is that they will try to boost their long haul hub in MUC by taking as much pax out of ZRH as possible. They might however keep some laung haul flights out of ZRH.

Anyway I hope this won't be the case, since I prefer the Swiss brand and from what I heared the long haul service on LX is much better than on LH.

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:I just found this picture on one of the LH websites:

We all know how it ended. I wish SWISS can survive this time!
Sabena - flying together with Swissair, bankrupt together with Swissair. I do not think airline tie ups are a good idea, if one airline goes down, the other one does too. I still miss Sabena and I do not care too much about the survival of the Swiss national carrier.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise