Spotting AMS

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Buzzydriver

Spotting AMS

Post by Buzzydriver »

Hello planefreaks,

Someone can give us practical spottinginformation about Schiphol airport,visit is planned during july

thanks in advance

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

Hi!

2 Sites with lots of info about SPL: www.aircolours.com or www.scramble.nl/mbciv.htm

Grtz,

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

the visitors terrace is surely worth a visit, it's amazing to see all those heavies standing right under your feet...

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Be sure to check out this link, it will give you practically all the information you could ask for: http://www.scramble.nl/airports.htm

And I agree, you definitely need to visit the spotters terrace, between 8.00 and 12.00 most of them leave, so be sure to visit then. I've got really great pictures taken from there, and you can view a lot of heavies from there. A really must for every aviation enthusiast that visits Amsterdam Schiphol. :wink:

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Went to AMS today. Saw the regular stuff, but didn't want to keep these ones from you...
JAL Cargo B747-446F, reg. JA401J shining in the hot sun.
Arkefly ( never heard of it :? ) B767-383ER, reg. PH-AHX
Dragonair Cargo B747-312M(SF), reg. B-KAB
I didn't want to start a new topic for this so I just placed them here. :oops:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

V-Bird

Post by V-Bird »

To MD-11
Arkefly = Tui Airlines Netherlands

( Former Air Holland and HollandExel )

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Thank you Bart for the info, greetings from Bart :wink:
Seems that there are a lof of "Barts" here 8O
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Ivan_Eagle

Post by Ivan_Eagle »

hehe, thank you for the 3 pictures of Schiphol, I wane go to Schiphol to but :cry: :cry: :( :(
Greats Ivan

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

>MD-11:
The JAL cargo, at which runway is that?????????

rgds:Jeroen

Antonov22

Post by Antonov22 »

ehamspotter wrote:Hello;

>MD-11:
The JAL cargo, at which runway is that?????????

rgds:Jeroen
That is at Runway 06 near the S(ierra) platform, i think

Peter

Russian planes are the best

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Thank you for the pictures MD-11 !!!(it's the first time i am in a aviation forum, and it's quite funny to call people by names of planes hehehe)
Impressive these 747 cargo pictures. I am fascinated of what's going on in these planes, and also who are in the 2nd floor of cargo planes....

NLmember

Post by NLmember »

Hello all,
Indeed the JAL in this picture is parked on the S-platform situated next to runway 06-24.
For the ones who would like to see a JAL B744F, keep in mind that they are only coming on the Sundays. The other times during the week it will be a B742F.

Regards,
NLmember

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

Thanks NLmember :cheers: , that was just what i thought, but i wasn't sure.

rgds:jeroen

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

Ovostar wrote:Thank you for the pictures MD-11 !!!(it's the first time i am in a aviation forum, and it's quite funny to call people by names of planes hehehe)
Impressive these 747 cargo pictures. I am fascinated of what's going on in these planes, and also who are in the 2nd floor of cargo planes....
Well to be honest, the outside of a cargo 744 is much nicer than the inside. Inside you only have a rolling system on the floor on wich cargopallets are rolled onto their position. Their isn't a ceiling so you can see all the wires and stuff. And there is a ladder on wich you van climb to the upperdeck. The upperdeck of a cargo 747 is the same as a passenger 747. There are a few seats, crewrest, and a paintry.

Grtz,

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Thank you, it must be a weird experience to fly on it,`did some of you ever did a flight in a 747 cargo plane ? (or antoher aircraft?)

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

Ovostar wrote:Thank you, it must be a weird experience to fly on it,`did some of you ever did a flight in a 747 cargo plane ? (or antoher aircraft?)
I haven't flown in a cargo plane, but I work for a cargo handling company at SPL. We have daily several freighters on the ground (SQ, MH, KA, KE, QR, etc.) So I've seen many of them from the inside. :wink:

Grtz,

moons

Post by moons »

I miss Schiphol :cry:

Talking about cargo planes... I've seen enough on TV from the inside, but it's not a beautiful sight in my opinion. A good friend left yesterday for Canada with a guy who works for DHL. He is the head of the global information system or so. Remember the 757 which had been hit by a missile in Iraq ? This man had to go up there with a team to "fix" the problem. My friend told that this guy travels all over the world to open new routes. Sounds exciting. :)
Maybe if I ask friendly he can give me a private-tour trough the brussels hub... but probably he doesn't have any time to do this. :)

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

moons wrote:Remember the 757 which had been hit by a missile in Iraq ?

A300 ;)

moons

Post by moons »

Owww... my bad. :wink:

This link will proove it's a A300B4. :D

http://www.aviationexplorer.com/dhl_strike_pictures/

AirforceNiels

Post by AirforceNiels »

Hello guys,

I'm planning a spotting trip at AMS but I'm still hesitating about which day I can go the best ( Saturday or Sunday). Which of those 2 days is the most busiest ?

Niels :wink: