Three question regarding FS9...

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
Conti764

Three question regarding FS9...

Post by Conti764 »

I'm flying FS2004 for some time now and things are going better and better. But as of today I can only perform ILS landings :oops: since I never managed to line up my plane straight with the runway when doing a visual approach. I must say that I also fly on autopilot (thus resetting the HDG button) to line up with the runway. Since I fly JAF's 738 to leisure destinations most of the time, I often have to land at airports without ILS, but by not managing to put my plane down on the proper way, that is a problem. I do manage to land them, but I wouldn't want to be a passenger on such flight ;) Now my first question: do I better fly manual to line up the runway (having a more manual control over the plane) and is there a visual trick to line up perfectly with the runway?

My second question: when I request a pushback the plane never turns at the right point (following the taxilines). It either turns way too early or not at all. With both ways I have to correct it myself and it lacks realism. I have to immediately push '2' after the 'SHIFT+P', resulting in turning to early, or it doesn't turn at all.

My third question: does anyone know where I can find the Brussels Airlines A330 repaint for Simmer's Sky A330-300? I haven't found it yet.

Thanks

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Re: Three question regarding FS9...

Post by sab319 »

if there is no ILS, best thing you can do is fly the approach fully manual. Of course this is not easy and requires some practice. so best thing you can do is practice a bit on your landings :)

SteGo

Re: Three question regarding FS9...

Post by SteGo »

My second question: when I request a pushback the plane never turns at the right point (following the taxilines). It either turns way too early or not at all. With both ways I have to correct it myself and it lacks realism. I have to immediately push '2' after the 'SHIFT+P', resulting in turning to early, or it doesn't turn at all.
Download and install the "groundhandling and pushback" gauge developed by Rob Barendregt. Here's the download link : http://www.mstrain.org/fs2000/addons/rcbgh-40.zip