Brussels Airlines in 2021

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brusselsairlinesfan

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2021

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

crew1990 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 11:51 After Swiss and Austrian, now Brussels Airlines beeing a network airline, why not "Belgian"

I like Brussels Airlines but it's to me too long on a airplane and just "Brussels" does not sound goods in my opinion.
That would be nice indeed!

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Matt wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 08:31 It's a paint job on OO-SSO

Kinda weird that they choose an A319 for this and not OO-SFB... Owh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway: Maybe a retro Sabena livery, for Sabena being 20y bankrupt? :lol: (or are they changing the name back, that would be shocking :shock: - Sarcasm )
EAF says in the paintshop and Skyliner says painted into new colors.

Magritte is a kind of reference to Sabena with the bird which was on Sabena winglets on the Airbus series.
But anyway, it's kind of weird to repaint an A319 while they would progressively remove that part of the fleet.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Matt

Post by Matt »

TLspotting wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 12:10

Kinda weird that they choose an A319 for this and not OO-SFB... Owh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway: Maybe a retro Sabena livery, for Sabena being 20y bankrupt? :lol: (or are they changing the name back, that would be shocking :shock: - Sarcasm )

Magritte is a kind of reference to Sabena with the bird which was on Sabena winglets on the Airbus series.
But anyway, it's kind of weird to repaint an A319 while they would progressively remove that part of the fleet.
According to the Oracle, Brussels Airlines is being sold and changes ownership¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also don't understand the A319 choice, when, indeed, they are leaving the fleet.

convair

Post by convair »

Matt wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 12:14
TLspotting wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 12:10

According to the Oracle, Brussels Airlines is being sold and changes ownership¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also don't understand the A319 choice, when, indeed, they are leaving the fleet.
Unless it's being painted in a new owner's livery.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Hummm...Spohr sold SN to KLM? to the IAG group? at United? to Air Belgium?..

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

nordikcam wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 16:41 Hummm...Spohr sold SN to KLM? to the IAG group? at United? to Air Belgium?..
To Air Antwerp :lol:

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

New livery, new logo. Brussels Airlines branding kept.
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... e-airline/

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

If the new topic of SN they asked you to be quiet maybe take down the topic as journalists can see it

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

theeuropean wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 13:42 If the new topic of SN they asked you to be quiet maybe take down the topic as journalists can see it
Too late: the news is out!

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

TLspotting wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 12:41 New livery, new logo. Brussels Airlines branding kept.
Honestly? Seriously?
Whilst customers are waiting, more than a year, to get their money back, their airline is spending money on rebranding for the 4th or 5th time... You couldn’t make it up, could you?

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

b.lufthansa wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 13:57
theeuropean wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 13:42 If the new topic of SN they asked you to be quiet maybe take down the topic as journalists can see it
For what I know, Av24 asked first Brussels Airlines because they were requested to shut up (no need to say why). But as Beeline gave them the green light, Brussels Airlines is the only responsible of the news :D

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

TLspotting wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 14:29
For what I know, Av24 asked first Brussels Airlines because they were requested to shut up (no need to say why). But as Beeline gave them the green light, Brussels Airlines is the only responsible of the news :D
Maybe yes, bcs it was sb of Av24 who brought it out and could not shut up his/her mouth. Why is it so difficult to keep it silent before a certain date? Is this typical for millenials that they cannot bring up respect anymore for what is asked.
Work in the business first to know why it is important

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Atlantis wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 15:29

Maybe yes, bcs it was sb of Av24 who brought it out and could not shut up his/her mouth. Why is it so difficult to keep it silent before a certain date? Is this typical for millenials that they cannot bring up respect anymore for what is asked.
It's no one's fault, let that apart but the thing is that it wasn't really public till Brussels Airlines said yes to Av24 before publishing.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 15:29

To settle the issue:

1. Yes, we knew the new logo beforehand after discovering it in the Benelux Trademark Register
2. Before publishing it, we contacted Brussels Airlines and agreed with them not to disclose it before 18 November
3. This morning, Pagtour unveiled the new logo on its webpage.
4. Immediately thereafter Brussels Airlines contacted me and said that, since the logo had been disclosed, we were free to publish it as well. And they provided me with an explanation of the new logo that we published together with the logo.
5. Hence, the publication was made with the full agreement of Brussels Airlines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I really fon't like those dots, it make me thinking of Vueling but in more ugly

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Farmaline logo ?

Matt

Post by Matt »

Flanker2 wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 16:50 To announce big changes ahead of the winter does not make much sense. What good would it be to splash cash on a new livery in the middle of a cash crisis?

A new chapter implies new ownership IMO.

What makes most sense to me is that the government rights will be converted into shares and SN will become majority owned by the government. LH would become minority shareholder.
This could include a conversion of previous rights that were converted from obligations owed to the government about 6 years ago and new conversions from the outstanding obligations.
It could also become a 50-50 joint venture to escape EU scrutiny.

Of course, there could also be third parties involved, like another airline group or investment groups as I suggested earlier.

The fact is that with vaccines not resolving the crisis, realization is setting in that the recovery is not close.
But macro is also being set up for a depressive stagflation, with oil and fuel prices soaring, while economies are struggling due to supply-side issues, with companies laying off workers while many are leaving the job market (temporarily), see The Great Resignation and the lie-flat movements.

Big corporations are starting to make moves to position for mid term stagflation and for airlines this means nationalisation as a means to survive.

This would be the sane thing to do right now, but hey, who knows what the announcement is about.

Another way to open a meaningful chapter in the current climate would be by going big on cargo.
The oracle was wrong !!!! Again !!!! Quick, we must set sail for Delphi and show our displeasure by starting a new war with Sparta ! (sarcasm)

Can we finally stop taking this guy seriously? He has already chased away plenty of people. ( wouldn't surprise me if he is just an internet troll )

Matt

Post by Matt »

crew1990 wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 16:59 I really fon't like those dots, it make me thinking of Vueling but in more ugly
Any idea what the new dots mean?

Samuel Zerilli

Objet : Brussels Airlines en 2021

Post by Samuel Zerilli »

Airbus330lover wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 17:13 Farmaline logo ?
in all honesty i confess that i don't like this new logo. It is not very sought after and I do not really understand the purpose of the square with the points? While talking about it with a friend it made me think that it strongly resembles the logo of the French highways "Vinci" :lol:

TLspotting

Re: Brussels Airlines en 2021

Post by TLspotting »

Samuel Zerilli wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 17:21
Airbus330lover wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 17:13 Farmaline logo ?
in all honesty i confess that i don't like this new logo. It is not very sought after and I do not really understand the purpose of the square with the points? While talking about it with a friend it made me think that it strongly resembles the logo of the French highways "Vinci" :lol:
I worked at Vinci, it is the whole group with that logo ;)