BLUEBERRY

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Matt

BLUEBERRY

Post by Matt »

It was already announced on the website here:

https://www.aviation24.be/oem/sabca/sab ... -industry/

But yesterday it finally happened: BLUEBERRY was signed.

What are your thoughts on this?

https://imgur.com/a/Bc8CUb0

sn26567

Re: BLUEBERRY

Post by sn26567 »

It's great to see that, even in troubled times, Belgium has still ambitions in the aerospace industry.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Very good and again it becomes a Belgian company

Matt

Post by Matt »

Atlantis wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 23:10 Very good and again it becomes a Belgian company
I am glad that all of you are optimistic :D I still have my doubts however.

Everything will depend on how the aviation market evolves. I rather see more of a future in the space industry for Sabca, where it has quite a niche position ( providing actuators for Vega, Vega-C, Ariane 5 and 6, and possibly soon spacerider )
Sabca is busy however to engineer and make offers to provide electronics and an actuator for the spoilers of the A350 in the future.

Structural changes are needed at Sabca, and unfortunately I am not entirely sure these structural changes will take place. A lot of the processes used at Sabca are ancient. I really hope that will change. Time will tell...

Matt

Post by Matt »

News from Sabca:

UAS department ( drone department ) has been shut down until the end of August, special board of directors today to decide if the other business units will shut down as well for 3 weeks. ( even the space programs )

This is mainly due to Covid19; since the A350, A330 and A320 production lines are currently suffering due to the lack of demand at airbus.

Matt

Post by Matt »

As reported, Sabca closes for 3 weeks due to Covid19. Only strategical programs (design) will continue

Matt

Post by Matt »

SABCA will, unfortunately, close sooner this year due to the poor financial results of the fiscal year 2021. Things are not going all that well.

However, there is some good news:

- SABCA will participate in the flying wales project and provide the rudder actuators and electronics
- Airbus might want to start up production for components for the A350's wing. Airbus visited a few times the last weeks, the returns have been very favorable
- Ariane 6 should fly Q4 2022, finally expecting some payments from Ariane Group ( not done due to delays )
- Vega C should fly Q1 2022, finally expecting some payments from AVIO ( not done due to delays )
- Themis will start ( reusable booster for space launchers from Ariane Group )
- SABCA will provide more pieces and components for the F6X falcon

Furthermore I can say that there are some other projects with other customers going on but I cannot disclose these.

If someone is interested in Flying whales: https://www.lecho.be/entreprises/defens ... 48321.html

Flying Whales is actually a really cool project , which might give us another take on how to look at aviation in the future.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Blueberry expands and acquires several line maintenance activities from Lufthansa Technik. Alongside the Brussels maintenance
site, the acquisition includes LTMI’s German headquarters in Frankfurt and its operations in
Amsterdam (Netherlands), Palma (Spain) Johannesburg/Kapstadt (South Africa), Tel Aviv (Israel)
and Kigali (Ruanda). The transaction also foresees a cooperation agreement between Sabena
Aerospace and Lufthansa Technik regarding possible line maintenance services at other locations
worldwide