Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Stij

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by Stij »

About the non guaranteed connections...

FR is clear about it: they don't offer nor guarantee connections. You know that as a pax in advance, so there's no problem.

As long as the product is as described, companies are free to offer whatever they want. It's up to the consumer to decided if he buys the product at a certain price or not.

Cheers,

Stij

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Yet at BRU figures indicate we have a high number of none european passengers: US and Chinese on top (of the none european ones)

Stij

Post by Stij »

Sean,

OK, but I guess they don't really connect immediately from another (intercontinental) flight, but just change cities on their trip in Europe.

Cheers,

Stij

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

OO-ITR wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Somebody has a pinched nerve :roll:

What's "pretending to have a HUB"? There are 21 aircraft based in belgium at the moment. How many do you need before you are no longer pretending?
so nice to see how you complete each other...lol

Sorry BASE but still, changing subject still doesn't excuse for the bad use of language on their site...

edited by moderator

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair today (16 July) urged flight fans not to miss a Boeing 737-800 aircraft which will be flying through Co. Wicklow this weekend, as part of the Bray Air Display this Sunday (19 July).
Ryanair’s Boeing 737-800, one of a fleet of 315, will be flown along Bray seafront by Ryanair’s Chief Pilot, Captain, Ray Conway and First Officer, Farrell Mc Gee, giving spectators a unique opportunity to see Europe’s biggest airline flying along the East Coast of Ireland.
Flight fans should also look out for Ryanair crew who will be handing out goodies on the day.

- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... 8SHPN.dpuf

http://www.brayairdisplay.com/
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair's chief marketing officer Kenny Jacobs told the Belfast Telegraph it was in "discussions with both airports with a view to operating flights to/from Belfast in the future".
But the airline reiterated concerns over the UK's air passenger duty (APD) - a levy on flights which often makes flying from the Republic a cheaper option for passengers.
"Ryanair is always interested in new routes. There is huge demand for Ryanair from customers in Northern Ireland who already travel with us from Dublin because they get the lowest fares, a choice of 90 destinations and they avoid APD."

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:"Ryanair is always interested in new routes. There is huge demand for Ryanair from customers in Northern Ireland who already travel with us from Dublin because they get the lowest fares, a choice of 90 destinations and they avoid APD."
And how does the APD compare with the cost (and time of travel) of a trip from Belfast to Dublin?

I guess the Irish (even those of the North) are smart enough to calculate by themselves ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Do you know that Ryanair once owned and operated a seaplane, pictured here in 1989...

I put this in the "Ryanair in 2015" topic, because we don't have a topic on "Ryanair in 1989" :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair on Tuesday announced that it will close its base at Billund Airport on Friday. The decision comes on the same day that Ryanair officially shuts down its base at Copenhagen Airport.

Too bad for the Danish traveller, but OK for us : better have the two daily flights to Copenhaguen operated by a Charleroi-based aircraft rather than by one coming from CPH.
Actually, the Danish travellers aren't so unhappy as the winning Irish team thinks. Primera Air promises them Danish based aircraft with Danish crew on Danish contracts, the same (or cheaper) rates as Ryanair and far cheaper surcharges then Ryanair.

TV 2:
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/finans/2015-07- ... erenskomst

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:Do you know that Ryanair once owned and operated a seaplane, pictured here in 1989...
Ryanair never owned nor operated G-BJHS, a Short Sunderland. At a time, Ryanair acted as a sponsor to keep her flying.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair on Tuesday announced that it will close its base at Billund Airport on Friday. The decision comes on the same day that Ryanair officially shuts down its base at Copenhagen Airport.

Too bad for the Danish traveller, but OK for us : better have the two daily flights to Copenhaguen operated by a Charleroi-based aircraft rather than by one coming from CPH.
Actually, the Danish travellers aren't so unhappy as the winning Irish team thinks. Primera Air promises them Danish based aircraft with Danish crew on Danish contracts, the same (or cheaper) rates as Ryanair and far cheaper surcharges then Ryanair.

TV 2:
Sorry, my danish is a little rusty :roll:

How many aircraft and how many routes exactly? Knowing Ryanair I can see them flying in/out of CPH from every base in a few years ;) around 85 daily flights?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:"Ryanair is always interested in new routes. There is huge demand for Ryanair from customers in Northern Ireland who already travel with us from Dublin because they get the lowest fares, a choice of 90 destinations and they avoid APD."
And how does the APD compare with the cost (and time of travel) of a trip from Belfast to Dublin?
It's all together : cheaper fares, more destinations and into the bargain : no APD.

For your information : the Air Passenger Duty in Northern Ireland is 13 pounds (17 euros); which is just the price of a bus ticket from Belfast to Dublin airport.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... enger-duty

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair on Tuesday announced that it will close its base at Billund Airport on Friday. The decision comes on the same day that Ryanair officially shuts down its base at Copenhagen Airport. Too bad for the Danish traveller, but OK for us : better have the two daily flights to Copenhaguen operated by a Charleroi-based aircraft rather than by one coming from CPH.
TV 2:
Sorry, my danish is a little rusty. How many aircraft and how many routes exactly? Knowing Ryanair I can see them flying in/out of CPH from every base in a few years around 85 daily flights?
It's just like Brussels Airlines and Jetairfly versus Ryanair in general: compared to Europe's most used airline, also Primera Air is a very small airline. But just like Brussels Airlines and Jetairfly are doing in Belgium, Primera Air is a real competitor for you on the Danish market. As per today, Primera Air is offering 35 routes from Aalborg, Copenhagen and Billund. I guess this will increase quite nice because the way Ryanair announced its withdrawal from Denmark has caused a lot of confusion with passengers. For many, "we close our bases in Denmark" means "we don't fly out of Denmark anymore".

Primera Air:
https://primeraair.com

Fleet: Primera Air Scandinavia has 4 737's, all 4 with OY-reg:
http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Prim ... b737ng.htm

Primera Air Nordic has another 4 737's

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

it was "we close our bases" but "we will continue to operate in denmark without being harrased by SAS unions"

and really ... they have 4 aircraft? Serious competition there

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:it was "we close our bases" but "we will continue to operate in denmark without being harrased by SAS unions"
Another example of Ryanair's general company policy:
1. Ryanair is right
2. if Ryanair is wrong, 1. applies

It's not what Ryanair tells what matters. It's how the public interprets it what matters. In this case, for many potential Ryanair clients it is "we close our base in Denmark" that goes into their mind, and not "we close our base in Denmark but we will continue to operate in Denmark without being harrased by SAS unions"

In general, I don't like unions either, specially not when they go on strike. But I accept that the large majority of the Scandinavian people have another view towards unions. Therefore, I understand why they are so furious against Ryanair.
sean1982 wrote:and really ... they have 4 aircraft? Serious competition there
Yep. Only 4. Small competition indeed when compared to the whole Ryanair fleet. But 4 aircraft, 3 bases and 35 routes is enough to call them local competition.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Do you know that Ryanair once owned and operated a seaplane, pictured here in 1989...
Ryanair never owned nor operated G-BJHS, a Short Sunderland. At a time, Ryanair acted as a sponsor to keep her flying.
Ryanair indeed never owned this Short S-25 Sunderland (my mistake), but it leased it from August 1989 onwards.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

In this battle between price and principle, customers are apparently indifferent. A poll this week suggested more Danes would choose Ryanair today than before the dispute with the unions broke out.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... on-dispute

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Michael O’Leary defended himself and his company robustly in heated exchanges in Brussels yesterday, hosted by Cork MEP Deirdre Clune.
The meeting took place in the European Parliament in Brussels between Mr O’Leary and MEPs from both the transport and employment committees in the European Parliament.

Mr O’Leary said Ryanair has a 30-year unblemished safety record. Captains at the airline earn up to €160,000, first officers earn up to €75,000, and the maximum amount earned by cabin crew is €35,000.
He also said Ryanair gives cabin crew €400 a year for uniforms.
He pointed out Ryanair is hiring and creating up to 1,000 jobs a year when other airlines are cutting jobs, and hit out at the accusation that pilots are on “bogus” self-employment contracts so as to avoid social insurance and permanent contracts.

Ms Clune said the exchange was “frank and forthright”. “Many of the MEPs present raised concerns in relation to Ryanair’s employment practices but Michael O’Leary answered all questions and engaged with MEPs in an honest and open way,” she said.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/o ... 42993.html

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:it was "we close our bases" but "we will continue to operate in denmark without being harrased by SAS unions"

still that is 4 more than Ryanair in Denmark... :lol:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:

still that is 4 more than Ryanair in Denmark... :lol:
Yeah no HUB there ;) 20 aircraft operating in and out though :p