Adding (+) when posting a link to paid content ?

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
Acid-drop

Adding (+) when posting a link to paid content ?

Post by Acid-drop »

Please stop this nonsense of posting links we cannot read
Its a bad habbit on facebook or twitter also, appart from the title we dont know anything
So what are they braging about ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

luchtzak

Re: Adding links to (paid) content

Post by luchtzak »

This relates to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69412 where sn26567 posted a link to paid content.

I would suggest to add a (+) behind a link whenever the article is only available for subscribers?

Comments welcome!

Acid-drop

Re: Adding (+) when posting a link to paid content ?

Post by Acid-drop »

Or ever better : is the poster allowed to do some exec summary ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Reproducing the article is not allowed, but summarising it is possible, although time-consuming.

OTOH, not everyone has to pay to read the content: some are subscribers of the paper publishing the article.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

That specific one was maybe a little heavy indeed
But its not always the case
Those articles are something closer to a commercial PR than to a press work, it doesnt make much sense to block the access