Delta to fly from ATL to ROB (via SID)

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
boul

Delta to fly from ATL to ROB (via SID)

Post by boul »

Reaction from this article: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38254

Can somebody tell me which airline flies from KJD to GSQ ? And from BVZ to MGS ?

Ok , these destination codes are fake !!
You have to be a real 'professional' if you want to understand these sort of language. It's very frustrating. The same illness as some IT professionals when they want to explain something to 'normal' people.
This is a general remark . My question is : is it SO difficult to translate these codes into normal human language ? Or do we have to learn all these codes if we want to understand the Luchtzak posts ??

JOVAN

Re: Delta to fly from ATL to ROB (via SAL)

Post by JOVAN »

boul wrote:Can somebody tell me which airline flies from KJD to GSQ ? And from BVZ to MGS ?

Ok , these destination codes are fake !!
You have to be a real 'professional' if you want to understand these sort of language. It's very frustrating. The same illness as some IT professionals when they want to explain something to 'normal' people.
This is a general remark . My question is : is it SO difficult to translate these codes into normal human language ? Or do we have to learn all these codes if we want to understand the Luchtzak posts ??

ROB=MONROVIA (Liberia)

luchtzak

Re: Delta to fly from ATL to ROB (via SAL)

Post by luchtzak »

It's not the first time we have asked our members to go easy on the abbreviations:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20970&p=173800&hili ... ns#p173800
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6412&hilit=abbreviations#p53733
https://www.aviation24.be/rules

I suggest to use like this: Monrovia (ROB), Moscow (DME), etc....

Please use the 'report to a moderator'-function so members of the webteam are warned much faster!

taz001

Re: Delta Airlines to fly from ATL to ROB (via SID)

Post by taz001 »

The same illness as some IT professionals when they want to explain something to 'normal' people.
Dear Boul,

You call this an 'illness', but let me play the ball back. My opinion is that when someone is interested in something, it is not the end of the world to look something up you do not understand. Since you are on the internet, try to google an airport code, i might give an answer on your question or if you cannot find it, you can ask it. I do not feel like i have to apologise for 'being ill' of using abbreviations related to the aviation business on a forum of aviation.
Or do we have to learn all these codes if we want to understand the Luchtzak posts ??
My 'illness' grew out of my passion for aircrafts, airlines, airports and so on... so i really hope noone will ever cure me of that. I sincerely hope that this reaction is not representative for 'normal people' since it would mean that it has come this far that anyone needs to explain everything since 'normal people' do not want to take initiative to find out or learn something themselves. I used not to know one single airport code, but when i was bitten by the 'aviation virus', i learned a lot about it. I even found a job in aviation...

I will always try to help people when they have questions, there is no stupid question, only stupid answers (and passengers sometimes try really hard to ask stupid questions :lol: , but i always keep in mind they pay my salary at the end of the month so i think twice when answering some of those questions)...

By the way, i had made a mistake myself in the title, the airport code for Sal is not SAL but SID. Someone on this forum noticed it and i corrected it. I am glad they told me, i will probable never make that mistake again, so i learned a new thing. i consider that as something good... not frustrating.

To clarify the title: Delta Airlines (DL) will fly from Atlanta (ATL), United States to Monrovia (ROB), Liberia via Sal (SID), Cape Verde.

I hope you that the 'airline virus' is contagious and that lot's of people will get ill...

best regards,
Taz001