Thomas Cook B757-300 MAN-TFS

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
GKirk

Thomas Cook B757-300 MAN-TFS

Post by GKirk »

Just thought I'd share a trip report about the most recent flight that I took, from Manchester to Tenerife on Thomas Cook Airlines Boeing 757-300 G-JMAA in October 2004

Flight TCX881K to Tenerife

We got to the check in at Manchester T1 3 hours before departure, after checking in we went to sit in the seating area overlooking the domestic apron (T3) and Pier B of T1. Amongst the many a/c about were a couple of VLM F50s, BA ERJ145s,737s, 320s, BMI 320s, ERJs, LH CRJ.
After having something to eat, we proceeded through to the departure lounge before being called to the gate for boarding of our flight. Once at the gate we sat for about 20 mins before boarding began, with the front of the a/c called first, then the rear, and then those of us in the middle section.
If I remember correctly we boarded through Gate 31 and I had seat just in front of the wing.
Parked next to us was an Air Atlanta Europ Boeing 747-200.
We pushed back on time and made our way to runway 6L past Concorde in the viewing park. Nice long queue of 7 a/c ahead of us for departure
Have to say, so far I was very impressed with TCX :D
After a BMI A321 took off for London Heathrow we lined up on 6L, and the 757 produced it's unmatched take-off performance as we climbed majestically into the skies about Stockport before turning north of the airport to head west before joining the main airways down to Tenerife.
The cabin crew were released to do their duties and they were very friendly and such.
After getting a beer, I started to relax listening to the radio and watching the TV.
Just as we reached the Southwest coast of the UK I looked out the window to see a Martinair MD11 leaving a nice big contrail.
Other a/c we passed included a Britannia 757-200, and Iberia MD87.
The film onboard todays flight was Shrek2 and the meal was absolutly delicious.
After about 4 hours of flying it was time to descend into Tenerife's Reina Sofia Airport, where landings were on runway 26.

Descending into TFS, we passed the island of Gran Canaria on the left hand side of the airport and turned to a SW heading for finals.
Touchdown was firm, and the a.c slowed down very quickly before turning off the runway and heading for the gate. TFS was in a middle of reconstruction work on the apron I noticed and a large number of other UK airlines were present.

Have to say, the 757-300 is a very long a/c and very nice to fly on.
Thomas Cook Airlines UK are a very good airline to fly with, and I thoroughly enjoyed the return flight as well.

Any questions?

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Do Thomas Cook UK not fly from Scotland? Or did you just want to fly from MAN for convience?

Emirates

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, GKirk.

Where did you stay in Tenerife? The dry South or the green North? I stayed twice in the North and took side trips from TFN (the domestic airport in the North) to Santa Cruz de La Palma and to Lanzarote on a Binter ATR72. That gives you a superb view of the other islands.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for sharing this nice report with us.

Chris

contrailwatcherUK

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

nice report, i always see Martinair cargo contrails as i happen to live in south west england.