I go spotting Tomorrow ! Who joins me?

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

André, now i go on trip to the Dominican Republic with Sobelair, in Comfort Class, its 50€ more than economy. My trip: Brussels departing at 8AM (normally) via Varadero and then to Punta Cana and then he flies another bit further to Puerto Plata, but i go to Punta Cana, the flight time is (normally) 14u30 min, i taked Comfort Class for the loooong trip.

Greetingzz
Sonny
PS: I gonna try to get in the cockpit of the 767-300ER.

Viva Sobelair!

Avro

Post by Avro »

I won't be able to join you guys the 12th, cause I'll be studying like evry other day. :evil: :evil: Thank god evrything is over on the 25th :lol:

@ Sonny

Have a nice holiday. And make some nice cokpit shots for us if you can get in there :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Andre,

Can you come to BRU on the 25th or 26th then? :wink:

I will go spotting about 3-4 times this vacantion (or more). Hope we have such a good weather as we had yesterday!

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Hi, if u go by bus, do u use the route described on https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?name ... cle&sid=50 to spotting place A or B? How long do u have to go on foot?

tia,

Matt

Avro

Post by Avro »

BIVA wrote:Andre,

Can you come to BRU on the 25th or 26th then? :wink:
My last exam is on he 25th between 14:00 and 18:00.
I'm pretty sure I could come the 26th (if the weather is nice of course :lol:). See you then Rutger :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BIVA wrote:Andre,

Can you come to BRU on the 25th or 26th then?
Yes! At least I am still free those two days. But Terenia might decide otherwise :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Avro wrote:@ Sonny

Have a nice holiday. And make some nice cokpit shots for us if you can get in there
Chris, i gonna try. :roll:
And if i cant make a cockpitshot, then is it whit a "kodak", i have no diggi, you know... :oops:

Greetingzz
Sonny

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Hi all!

Tomorrow I go to BRU again!
I hope now at least one of you come then?
How long do u have to go on foot?
About 10 minutes, if I get of the bus at the Nord-Station. I don't think there is another bus-stop at 25L?

Nearby the 25R there is one. About 50 meters from that little field (the sound-wall (geluidmuur) :!:

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Only 10 minutes? So i can come by train and get of at the Nord-Station and after 10 minutes i would be at 25L? How cool. Looked at a map, and it seemed like a long walk.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

So i can come by train and get of at the Nord-Station and after 10 minutes i would be at 25L?
Yes you can, but maybe you walk 9 minutes and the next time maybe 15 minutes. Depends how fast you walk, seems normal to me :D

I go very much to BRU now I have my Buzzy pass!

Regards!

Rutger :waving:

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

killerwhale65,

I think that BIVA did not uderstand you well. In Brussels North you need to take the bus and than it is still 10min walking. (That is what I think how it should be) You can also take the train to a place called Kortenberg and from there you can walk in northen direction and you will need to walk aprox 15 min.

Greetz,

Dave

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

ok, that sounds better ;-)

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

ok, that sounds better ;-)

BIVA, could u tell me what bus to take from the North-Station and where to get off?

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Hi,

I don't take a bus at the Station North. I only know wich bus I must take to get at the 25L

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

The quickest way to Kortenberg will be by train from Nord direction Leuven (ensure you get on a train which stops at Kortenberg) then walk up the hill to 25L

If you want to take a bus from Nord it is the 358 Lijn bus which travels to Leuven along the Leuvensesteenweg and you get off at Kortenberg Rijkswacht. The walk then is about 15-20 minutes. Go along Stationstraat past Delhaize (past my house!), follow road over the railway to rondpoint then up the hill to the 25L.

You can also take the Metro to Kraainem then get the 352 Lijnbus ( Leuven via Erps-Kwerps) and get off at Kortenberg Station then walk as before.

Hope you have a good day - I'll beep my horn as I pass on my way to Antwerp.

Meerkat

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

thanks guys, i guess the easiest for my will be by train. How long is that walk?

Comet

Post by Comet »

My spotting trips will all take place over three days in September. One day at London City, one day at Antwerp and one day at Brussels. If you've never been to London City then you don't know what you're missing!!! Antwerp I've never done and Brussels goes without saying. It's simply the BEST!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

@Comet

If you haven't been to Brussels for a while then you may be in for a bit of a disappoinment - traffic levels are down on pre Sabena crash days!

For the best in spotting experiences Frankfurt must be the place to go in Europe, for facilities, quantity and quality. Schiphol and Dusseldorf rank higher, in my view, than Brussels as they have great facilities.

Since the opening of the new Schengen terminal only obstructed views are available from inside the terminal, the car parkls are OK but subject to weather. The perimieter at Brussels offers the best possibilities but no real facilities exist (see recent spotters meet photos for how much comfort we enjoy here)

I suppose that we have a slightly better situation than Heathrow but nowhere near the trafffic and variety levels.

As to Antwerp I am currnetly sitting in Antwerp under the approach and have only seen 4 aircraft since 9-30 - maybe because it is August and so bloody hot today - who knows?

My advice would be to take the Thalys to Schiphol for the day whilst you are here ( Student fares are as low as €18 return).

Just my 2 pennorth

Meerkat :?

(ps why Mechelen?)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Meerkat - I was last in Brussels in September 2002, it was not as good as far as variety goes now there is no Sabena (I didn't see one A340 for instance), but I did shoot some footage of an Asiana 747, an airline we don't see in the UK, and also MNG, so I was pleased with things that way.
I heard that Antwerp is pretty poor for services and variety, but I have to while away the time while I'm waiting there, I thought maybe it would be something like LCY (a little gem!!) but it sounds more like Sheffield!!
Mechelen - is something wrong with the place? No one will tell me anything about it!! As for why, well, if you have ever read an English tourist brochure or book on Belgium you'll know that it's all Brussels, Brugge, Gent and Antwerp. I've seen all those places and want to see something else of Belgium. The only other places on offer where you can fly instead of going on the ferry are Leuven and Mechelen. I love the coast (Oostende) and the Ardennes (Spa), but all those are car inclusive with ferry crossing. I don't drive and I hate ferries!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Comet,

you really have to see Mechelen, I was born there ;-) And very soon we will move to Hofstade - Zemst (just near Mechelen)

One thing you definetely must visit is the 97 meters high St.-Rombouts-toren !!

ciao,

Bart
:rock: