Lufthansa Group search engine doesn't mention Brussels Airlines flights out of Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Airwave

Lufthansa Group search engine doesn't mention Brussels Airlines flights out of Brussels

Post by Airwave »

In the past (until 2 years ago) it was useful to check prices on the Lufthansa site, even for (intercontinental) departures out of Brussels on SN-metal. Some years ago, I booked an BRU-EWR /JFK-BRU Lufthansa ticket with the JFK-BRU leg on SN502 and found it much cheaper than the NYC return flight available on the SN-site itself.

However, right now (even with SN as part of the LH-group) I find it incredible to find out that when using the LH-site (and choosing the option "Lufthansa Group" for the carrier and not only "Lufthansa" for the search) for departures to the US out of Brussels that NO direct flights show up (so no SN metal, nor United flights with LH-tag), but only rerouted options over FRA or MUC.

Is it just some unintended bug in the engine or if its well intended can someone with inside knowledge explain what's the benefit for the Lufthansa Group of this "malfunction" ?

Airwave

luchtzak

Re: Lufthansa Group search engine doesn't mention Brussels Airlines flights out of Brussels

Post by luchtzak »

Apparently they are available on the Lufthansa Group website? Via https://twitter.com/fets/status/889233679427530758
DFcxThSWAAEvyiO.jpg

sn26567

Re: Lufthansa Group search engine doesn't mention Brussels Airlines flights out of Brussels

Post by sn26567 »

I tried to look for prices for BRU-JFK on the LH App for Android: no SN flights, no UA flights, only LH flights via FRA or MUC, even when mentioning LH Group instead of just LH.

Even worse: when you search the flight status of flights of the LH Group, it shows only (in that order) 4U, EW, OS, LH and LX. SN? Unknown...
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

After that, I tried to look, still on the LH App, how they would handle flights that I had already booked on SN.

For a one-way flight to IBZ, they suggest of course a flight via FRA, and even a flight with two stops: BRU-HAM on SN, followed by HAM-FRA and FRA-IBZ on LH. But never the BRU-IBZ direct flight on SN.

For a return flight to TXL, at long last, the direct SN flights were mentioned first, but also flights via FRA.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Tried with random dates for BRU-JFK and BRU-BCN and SN flights are there.

Airwave

Post by Airwave »

OK guys,

I forgot to say that I was not looking into classic return flights, where you find that SN-metal shows up.

With my search parameters however, for a multi-city flight, the problem really exists, as shown in the pdf.

As there is an SN-flight to YYZ on thursday 21 December, there must be an other reason...
Flight Selection.pdf
(121.91 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Airwave