Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium in 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium in 2016

Post by sn26567 »

According to Travel Magazine (by subscription only), Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium would abandon flights from Liege and Charleroi.

Can anybody confirm and provide more details?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

sn26567 wrote:According to Travel Magazine (by subscription only), Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium would abandon flights from Liege and Charleroi.

Hello André, :)
I can only say Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium has never been active at CRL (as far as I know).
Only the TO (with a travel shop in the terminal?) and a (summer seasonal?) CRL - AYT route operated by Tailwind Airlines. ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Another surprising news, this time from Airline Route: Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium on 13MAY16 applied for Foreign Air Permit with the US DoT for EU - US service.

With A320s ???? Or is there something brewing?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Airbus A330 wrote:I can only say Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium has never been active at CRL (as far as I know). Only the TO (with a travel shop in the terminal?) and a (summer seasonal?) CRL - AYT route operated by Tailwind Airlines. ;)
I know: and apparently that route will be curtailed because of dwindling holiday traffic to Turkey in general, Antalya in particular.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

sn26567 wrote:Another surprising news, this time from Airline Route: Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium on 13MAY16 applied for Foreign Air Permit with the US DoT for EU - US service.

Or is there something brewing?
The Thomas Cook Group looking to start US routes from BRU would be very nice :!: 8-)

Let's hope it will materialize.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567 wrote:According to Travel Magazine (by subscription only), Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium would abandon flights from Liege and Charleroi.

http://www.lesoir.be/1210293/article/ac ... et-turquie

So they abandon regional airports. I call that a failure.
Jetair is doing exactly the oppositive with a great success.
Although anyone can understand that Tunisia and Turquey are not the best destinations right now.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Acid-drop wrote: http://www.lesoir.be/1210293/article/ac ... et-turquie
So they abandon regional airports. I call that a failure. Jetair is doing exactly the oppositive with a great success. Although anyone can understand that Tunisia and Turquey are not the best destinations right now.
It isn't a failure and Thomas Cook doens't abondon regional airports. They abondon two destinations: Tunesia and Turkey. Tunesia because the negative travel advise hasn't been cancelled yet, despite the situation there seems to be under control by government, police and army. Negative travel advise means it is forbitten for Thomas Cook to organize holiday travel to there. Turkey is cancelled because a whole series of bomb attacks has reduced interest, by Belgian tourists, in Turkey-costa holidays. Unfortunaly for LGG, those were the only destinations Thomas Cook had out of LGG.

Read the article in Le Soir: "Mais avec un taux d’occupation de 20 % à peine, c’est intenable économiquement". We're talking here about holiday charters, 20% load factor in May. That 20% will never increase to 75%, even not with regional last minutes. With moving operations to Brussels Airport, they will be able to fill the seats.

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

How about we try to find out more about Thomas Cook's Foreign Air Permit application with DoT? ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

skumfiduse wrote:How about we try to find out more about Thomas Cook's Foreign Air Permit application with DoT? ;)
Such an application is asked 6 months in advance. TCAB wants a better utilisation of its planes during the winter. Nothing has been fixed yet, but we (me and the Luchtzak readers) will be the first to know after the decision is made. 8-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Predixs

Post by Predixs »

sn26567 wrote:
skumfiduse wrote:How about we try to find out more about Thomas Cook's Foreign Air Permit application with DoT? ;)
Such an application is asked 6 months in advance. TCAB wants a better utilisation of its planes during the winter. Nothing has been fixed yet, but we (me and the Luchtzak readers) will be the first to know after the decision is made. 8-)

They will probably fly for Volaris this winter with 4 airplanes and thats why they need that Permit ;)
That's at least what a TCAB pilot told me 2 days ago :)

So we can expect some help from the other Thomas Cook members for the normal BRU flights!
Wouter C.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Both Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium and Thomas Cook Belgium have just filed a notification "art. 556 Company Legislation". Meaning: there is an important issue about management/company controls going on:

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 073648.pdf
and
http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 074788.pdf

The annual account 2015 from Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium seems to show a nice thank you to its shareholders:
http://cri.nbb.be/bc9/web/catalog?lang= ... 0476635729

Maybe someone with auditing / company legislation can clear this for us?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Airbus A330 wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium secures a Dutch charter contract, says ch-aviation. No further details: the contents is available only on subscription.
Luchtvaartniews.nl (article available to all) reports that Thomas Cook Airlines will operate from AMS to Palma, Tenerife & Gran Canaria for Neckermann. Flights will start on 11 July 2016.
http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c ... aar-spanje
And they did, as from 11th July indeed:

OO-TCH flew on that day Reus-Brussels-Palma-Amsterdam-Palma-Brussels

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/oo-tch

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:Another surprising news, this time from Airline Route: Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium on 13MAY16 applied for Foreign Air Permit with the US DoT for EU - US service.
Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium has been granted foreign air carrier permit for an exemption for foreign scheduled and charter air transportation between the EU and US, and beyond.
André
ex Sabena #26567

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

sn26567 wrote:
crew1990 wrote:With which aircraft, they only have 5 for the moment.
I was thinking exactly the same: in the summer, they don't have enough planes and they have to wet-lease aircraft from Brussels Airlines, but they find the way to operate flights from AMS for sister company Neckermann!
Now i'm really curious... What could we possibly expect? Las vegas?

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

BRUpilot wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
crew1990 wrote:With which aircraft, they only have 5 for the moment.
I was thinking exactly the same: in the summer, they don't have enough planes and they have to wet-lease aircraft from Brussels Airlines, but they find the way to operate flights from AMS for sister company Neckermann!
Now i'm really curious... What could we possibly expect? Las vegas?
Don't expect any routes from BRU.
There might be some wet lease of TCAB aircraft this winter though.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

most probably they'll lease out their aircrafts like the TUI group frequently does during winter
Citybird
The flying dream

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

CTBke wrote:most probably they'll lease out their aircrafts like the TUI group frequently does during winter
Quite hard to do when you virtually have no planes. Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium has just 5 planes, all of them A320's and non of them capable to make a (commercial) TATL crossing.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Bralo20 wrote:
CTBke wrote:most probably they'll lease out their aircrafts like the TUI group frequently does during winter
Quite hard to do when you virtually have no planes. Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium has just 5 planes, all of them A320's and non of them capable to make a (commercial) TATL crossing.
Not quite sure, but I think I've seen a HI-fly in the LH Technics hanger that seemed to be having the Thomas Cook titles applied to it. And no, it was not an A320.

I'll try to check it when I pass there and it is still around.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Hifly flies for Thomas Cook Uk and BRU is where the maintenance is done if I'm not mistaken.

If HQ fly in the US, it doesn't mean they will do commercial transatlantic flight. They might fly within north america.