Brussels Airport Spotters survey

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Treeper

Brussels Airport Spotters survey

Post by Treeper »

"Are you a seasoned spotter? Or do you simply enjoy coming down every now and again to watch tarmac operations? Along with a few other airport partners, Brussels Airport Company is looking into ways to make Brussels Airport a spotter-friendly (ier) airport.
We are keen to improve the infrastructure for spotters, as well as put out clear communications on what is allowed and what is not, on places where you can go and places that are off limits. We have already spoken to a number of spotters exploring various avenues and opportunities, but we would also like to take opinions from a wider audience. With this survey, we are not committing to setting up a dedicated plane spotters platform in any specific location quite yet, but if you like we are happy to keep you informed of developments. "

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gzMIYS ... rmResponse
(or via the Brussels Airport Facebook page)

citybird56

Re: Brussels Airport Spotters survey

Post by citybird56 »

I hope there will never be an official spottersspot in Brussels. The airport is spotter friendly enough and a real spotter knows where he should be and above all keeps that place clean. An official site just attracts annoying tourists , no spotter wants that.
Have you ever considered the fact that it could well be that we are sent away from the other places just because there is an official spot?
I hope we never have to experience that.
Just my opinion though...

Luc.

Established02

Re: Brussels Airport Spotters survey

Post by Established02 »

"I hope there will never be an official spottersspot in Brussels."

I share your concerns, Luc.

I guess Brussels Airport is willing to enlarge an already existing spot along 25L to accommodate a larger and wider audience (with a parking lot, playground for kids, toilets and whatever), but all of that infrastructure will not really add anything essential for the seasoned spotter.

I would be looking forward to a new, central and elevated spot with a magnificent overview (e.g. high up and close to the old control tower), but I'm afraid Brussels Airport may not want to go that far.

"put out clear communications on what is allowed and what is not, on places where you can go and places that are off limits"

What is not allowed? To put ladders against the fence. OK, that's understandable. What else?

What places are currently off limits? Anything which is off limits is already fenced anyway, no?