2016 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: 2016 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

Some interesting read aboit LGG and BRU

http://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2016/08/01 ... t-tnt-era/
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Liege Air Cargo Handling Services (LACHS, Liege) exported 180 horses and 80 tons of equipment to the Rio Olympic Games, with more to follow.

The transportation required five charter flights to collect horses and equipment from 32 different federations. All the horses were stabled before the flights in the brand new horse inn managed by LACHS. Some of the horses arrived a day before the flight to ensure maximum rest before the events.

This week LACHS will be operating five charter import flights to return the horses and equipment.

In September LACHS will handle two flights with 70 horses for the Paralympic games, taking place in Rio. On the same day, together with CAL Cargo Airlines, it will handle an additional charter to YYC (66 horses).

In mid-September the operation will be repeated: 66 horses will be transported for the Longines Masters in Los Angeles.

In May 2016 LACHS was awarded a three-year contract to manage the Horse Inn at Liege Airport. The Horse Inn is intended for horses being transported by air and to accommodate them during transit by road. It represents a total investment of €2.6 million. The new infrastructure is designed to upgrade Liege’s overall service provision for the transportation of live horses.

“Horse transport movements are delicate and sensitive,” said Yossi Shoukroun, LACHS General Manager. “As experts in the transport of non-standard cargo such as live animals, we have invested a tremendous amount to ensure top-of-the-line infrastructure for this valuable cargo.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

CAL Cargo Airlines (Israel) to start Tel Aviv – Liege – New York JFK – San Juan service on 15 September 2016, with Rome replacing JFK on the return flight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Bad news for Liege: end of the Chinese charter flights at the end of September. They brought in some 130,000 passengers since April 2015. The three weekly charters planned for the winter season are cancelled with the end of the cooperation between Chinese tour operator U-Tour and Russian airline I-Fly.

But there is still hope that U-Tour can find a new airline to restart the flights to Liege. Air Belgium?

http://mobile.lesoir.be/1310546/article ... port-liege
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Interesting interview of Steven Verhasselt, vice-president commercial of Liege Airport, by Air Cargo News:

http://www.aircargonews.net/news/people ... hters.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Haitec Aircraft Maintenance (c/o Hahn Airport) is opening an office in Belgium, at LGG:
http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 136945.pdf

http://www.haitec.aero/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Liege to be Africa hub for NAS

Liege Airport has signed a new partnership with Network Airline Services (NAS) to make the Belgian gateway its hub for Africa and to increase flights to Angola.

London-based NAS has, since setting up its operation in Liege in May 2014, transported over 90,000 tonnes of freight through Liege on its worldwide network between the US, Malaysia and Hong Kong and Europe. It operates direct flights between Belgium and Lagos, Luanda and other destinations in West Africa for the mining and oil industries as well as general cargo.

It also imports fresh produce from Nairobi, Entebbe and other East African origins.

NAS flights are operated with an Atlas Air Boeing B747-400F and Western Global MD-11F. It also has cooperation agreements with Allied Air (Nigeria), TAAG (Angola) and Astral Aviation (Kenya).

Full article: http://www.aircargonews.net/news/single ... r-nas.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

In today's Moniteur belge / Belgisch Staatsblad:

SERVICE PUBLIC DE WALLONIE - Exploitation aéroportuaire

Un arrêté ministériel du 26 septembre 2016 agrée, pour une durée de dix ans prenant cours le 26 septembre 2016, la société «Cleaning Masters» pour prester des activités d'assistance en escale, sur l'aéroport de Liège, pour:
6. l'assistance « nettoyage et service de l'avion ».

Un arrêté ministériel du 26 septembre 2016 agrée, pour une durée de dix ans prenant cours le 26 septembre 2016, la société «Fenair SPRL» pour prester des activités d'assistance en escale, sur l'aéroport de Liège, pour:
3. l'assistance bagages;
5.4. le chargement et le déchargement de l'avion;
5.5. l'assistance au démarrage de l'avion et la fourniture des moyens appropriés;
5.7. le transport, le chargement dans l'avion et le déchargement de l'avion de la nourriture et des boissons;
6.1. le nettoyage extérieur et intérieur de l'avion, le service des toilettes, le service de l'eau.

a380bigbeast

Post by a380bigbeast »

Passenger wrote:In today's Moniteur belge / Belgisch Staatsblad:

SERVICE PUBLIC DE WALLONIE - Exploitation aéroportuaire

Un arrêté ministériel du 26 septembre 2016 agrée, pour une durée de dix ans prenant cours le 26 septembre 2016, la société «Cleaning Masters» pour prester des activités d'assistance en escale, sur l'aéroport de Liège, pour:
6. l'assistance « nettoyage et service de l'avion ».

Un arrêté ministériel du 26 septembre 2016 agrée, pour une durée de dix ans prenant cours le 26 septembre 2016, la société «Fenair SPRL» pour prester des activités d'assistance en escale, sur l'aéroport de Liège, pour:
3. l'assistance bagages;
5.4. le chargement et le déchargement de l'avion;
5.5. l'assistance au démarrage de l'avion et la fourniture des moyens appropriés;
5.7. le transport, le chargement dans l'avion et le déchargement de l'avion de la nourriture et des boissons;
6.1. le nettoyage extérieur et intérieur de l'avion, le service des toilettes, le service de l'eau.
Good news...but to do what? Only TUI keeps operating pax flights.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Until ASL starts ;)
(Or air Belgium)
+ those many charters of course

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Pagtour 1 Nov 2016: "...Les avions de la compagnie russe VIN Airlines devraient revenir à Liège, sauf surprise ou revirement de dernière minute, au plus tard à partir de janvier 2017. Trois villes chinoises seraient desservies : Wuhan, Xian et Shenyong. L’annonce a été faite lundi à Chaudfontaine en présence d’associations chinoises, de la Consule Générale de Chine, d’une Délégation Economique de l’Ambassade de Chine, du ministre Daniel Bacquelaine, etc. Les liaisons avec la Chine avec le tour-opérateur russe U-Tour avaient été interrompues en août dernier après un an de fonctionnement...

Source:
http://pagtour.info/archives/8384

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote:Pagtour 1 Nov 2016: "...Les avions de la compagnie russe VIN Airlines devraient revenir à Liège, sauf surprise ou revirement de dernière minute, au plus tard à partir de janvier 2017. Trois villes chinoises seraient desservies : Wuhan, Xian et Shenyong. L’annonce a été faite lundi à Chaudfontaine en présence d’associations chinoises, de la Consule Générale de Chine, d’une Délégation Economique de l’Ambassade de Chine, du ministre Daniel Bacquelaine, etc. Les liaisons avec la Chine avec le tour-opérateur russe U-Tour avaient été interrompues en août dernier après un an de fonctionnement...
Great news. Curious to see which type of aircraft they'll use.
André
ex Sabena #26567

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

Passenger wrote:Pagtour 1 Nov 2016: "...Les avions de la compagnie russe VIN Airlines devraient revenir à Liège, sauf surprise ou revirement de dernière minute, au plus tard à partir de janvier 2017. Trois villes chinoises seraient desservies : Wuhan, Xian et Shenyong. L’annonce a été faite lundi à Chaudfontaine en présence d’associations chinoises, de la Consule Générale de Chine, d’une Délégation Economique de l’Ambassade de Chine, du ministre Daniel Bacquelaine, etc. Les liaisons avec la Chine avec le tour-opérateur russe U-Tour avaient été interrompues en août dernier après un an de fonctionnement...

Source:
http://pagtour.info/archives/8384
Something that will make Air Belgium choose for BRU?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Chineese flights now confirmed from april 2017.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Contingency solutions for Charleroi and Liege airports

The agreements include that, in this special case, air traffic controllers from DFS or DSNA on request of Belgocontrol would use special procedures for approaches and departures for Charleroi and Liege airports.

Charleroi airport (source: Belgocontrol)

In autumn 2016 the FABEC air navigation services providers DFS and DSNA signed agreements with their partner organisation Belgocontrol to support business continuity in Belgian airspace and especially the accessibility to Charleroi and Liege airports in case of a black-out or similar events, such as the power outage on 27 May 2015 in the Belgian air traffic control centre CANAC 2. The agreements include that, in this special case, air traffic controllers from DFS or DSNA on request of Belgocontrol would use special procedures for approaches and departures for Charleroi and Liege airports. Similar procedures will be developed at the other Belgian public airports in Ostend, Brussels and Antwerp involving other FABEC air navigation service providers.

For arrivals at or departures from Charleroi airport, an agreement has been concluded with the French air navigation service provider DSNA, allowing airplanes to be guided by the Charleroi approach control unit up to the Belgian border. Subsequently, the aircraft can continue its route under the supervision of the Lille approach control unit in France. For Liege a similar agreement was reached with the German air navigation service provider DFS that will support with air traffic control operations provided by their control centre in Langen near Frankfurt. A special emergency file containing adapted flight paths and flight profiles has been compiled in collaboration with EUROCONTROL. It will launch the procedures at the request of Belgocontrol so that the planned flights can continue to take place.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Liege Airport renews partnership with El Al Cargo

Dec 12, 2016: Liege Airport has extended its partnership with El Al Cargo for another three years for the transportation of air cargo between the USA and Israel via Liege. Liege Airport has been serving as El Al Cargo’s European cargo hub since 2008 for exports to the European and U.S. markets and imports into Israel.

El Al and Liege Airport’s eight years partnership has been very successful. Trade between Israel, Europe and the US remains good and stable. By leveraging the operational excellence of El Al Cargo, Israel’s national cargo operator, and the state-of-the-art cargo facilities and services at Liege Airport, the growth of El Al is the reflection of a strong market.

http://www.logupdateafrica.com/index.ph ... l-al-cargo
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Using which aircraft ? TNT a/c will soon away...

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Acid-drop wrote:Using which aircraft ? TNT a/c will soon away...
Have you been frozen for years or what's wrong with you?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Yeah explain me...
There is no garantee the asl 744 will stay any longer.
They also have 4X-ELF, barely used but...

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Fedex news from this article
https://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/liege/ ... id=9481615

LGG still hope they can convince fedex.
Main issues: the secondary track is too short, and the time between rotations is too long (now 4min).

I wonder how they can use the secondary track since they can't use both together...